Reds vs. Yankees

ArmyBengal

With both the Brewers and Cards losing, it's exactly why I say it's to early to worry about "having" to win in order to keep up.

Sure we lost 2 of 3 to both the Blue Jays and Yankees, but we are still right there.

Does winning keep things from changing ?? Maybe, but there are limited changes I would make right now anyway.

Shortstop leads the way with not liking much of anything we get from the platoon there.

They need more consistency.

Heisey showed yesterday he has the power and ability. Yes, he has struggled when he has gotten the start this season, but other players with less power have been given the opportunity to continue starting and work through their slump. I would like to see Heisey get more time to work things out. Either him or Gomes still has work to do when in the outfield, so LF would also be on the list to consider what to do with.

For what it's worth, the conversation about Jose Reyes from the Mets should be a mute point in my opinion. To get him would take probably 3 quality players and then a high dollar, long term contract. With Phillips coming due, I think it will be hard for the Reds to do. Votto, Bruce, the pitching staff makes for big dollars already spent, so unless they dump a big contract to add one, I don't see it happening. I would love to see that though !!!