Who do you like in the NBA Finals?

BengalszoneBilly

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NBA Championship?

• Miami Heat
    • Dallas Mavericks

Hey Dan Gilbert (Cavs owners for those not in the know) do you remember this little comment of yours ??

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

While I only follow pro basketball moderately, I really can't stand Gilbert and thought he came across as a real bitch after the "decision" was made by LeBron. I don't defend LeBron's actions, but instead of taking the high road, Gilbert went full bitch mode. For that I hope the Heat CRUSH the Mavs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping the Mavs win. I don't like LeBron, and if the Heat win, everybody will be talking about how "LeBron won a Ring" but it's not because of LeBron, it's because of D-Wade, he has been the one carrying them in the playoffs. D-Wade is the leader of that team.

Game 4 stats for LeBreezy? 8 Points on 3-11 shooting

Do I like LeBron ?? No. Do I like the way he made his "decision" ?? Hell no.

However, he had the right to do whatever he chose to do and his actions didn't justify the Cavs owner going postal in the media like he was a classless dick either. I find great humor in the fact Gilbert guaranteed his fans the Cavs would win a championship before LeBron and the Heat would and THAT is the only reason I hope the Heat win. Kind of a f*ck you Cleveland. I would love to see how that all worked out up there should the Heat win.

On a side note, D-Wade is the one carrying the team through the playoffs, but I really don't think there was much discussion about whose team that is. Wade has always been the leader of the team and was the one lobbying ownership to bring talent into Miami. I don't hold anger towards the Mavs at all and almost any other time, I would be rooting for them. To this point though, they are tied at two because of Miami's lack of play at the end of the game. They have pissed two games away at this point and the series could very well be over.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA and I refuse to glamorize Finals games as if they should carry heavier weight in analyzing individual players. Still, he has had a mediocre series by his standards.

Dallas is throwing everything at Miami and I expect this thing to go to seven games.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA and I refuse to glamorize Finals games as if they should carry heavier weight in analyzing individual players. Still, he has had a mediocre series by his standards.

Dallas is throwing everything at Miami and I expect this thing to go to seven games.

That could very well happen, but a little birdie just whispered in my ear Dallas will pull it out in Miami in six. ;)

I really like the determination of the Mavs players and like I said, any other time, I would be rooting for them.

I hate the thought of Gilbert dodging a media bullet with his name on it. It would be fun to watch unfold.

Still rooting for the Heat, but the Mavs appear to have their number.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA and I refuse to glamorize Finals games as if they should carry heavier weight in analyzing individual players.

If you don't show up with the Championship at stake, you can't be called "The Best Player"

Bottomline is, Miami was up 2-1 (mostly because of Wade and Bosh) and in games 4 and 5 in VERY CLOSE 4th Quarters, LeBron went SCORELESS in game 4 and had ONLY 2 points in Game 5.......That's not what you would expect from a "best player" in the 4th qtrs of tight games......Not to mention if Miami Loses, LeBron will be 0-2 in the NBA Finals.....

LeBron isn't even playing like the best player on his team right now, let alone the league.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA and I refuse to glamorize Finals games as if they should carry heavier weight in analyzing individual players.

If you don't show up with the Championship at stake, you can't be called "The Best Player"

Bottomline is, Miami was up 2-1 (mostly because of Wade and Bosh) and in games 4 and 5 in VERY CLOSE 4th Quarters, LeBron went SCORELESS in game 4 and had ONLY 2 points in Game 5.......That's not what you would expect from a "best player" in the 4th qtrs of tight games......Not to mention if Miami Loses, LeBron will be 0-2 in the NBA Finals.....

LeBron isn't even playing like the best player on his team right now, let alone the league.

I think all of that is overly dramatic and unscientific thinking with very little logical basis. Needless to say I disagree.

In any event, the great series ends and Dallas wins the Finals. Lot of fun.

Holy s**t. I never envisioned the Mavericks leading this series! The upcoming game on Sunday is going to be epic!

Did I call it or what!?! Lebron James was basically a non factor in this game, and Miami got schooled in how a team wins a game!

Congrats Dallas. yyjhn6y.png

I'm happy for the Mavs and their first title. I'm also happy for Dirk and Jason Kidd individually.

In regards to Miami, even though they brought that group together, I didn't actually think they would make it to the finals in their first season. The only reason I was hoping they would was because I hate the Cavs owner (Gilbert) so much and wanted to see him cry.

Gilbert was already making comments on Twitter about not being able to take shortcuts or some horsesh*t. Hey Gilbert, you were this close to having every media microphone shoved up your ass and having to explain to your fans how LeBron won a championship before your Cavs and how he made you look like the biggest f*cking assh*le in the league. How about you just shut the f*ck up ?? I mean it's not like the Celtics didn't do the same thing the Heat tried to do this season and that has worked out pretty well for them right ??

I really can't stand that guy...

Congrats to the Mavs and thier fans though, they deserve the title !!!

Congrats to the Mavs. Miami may have their "Big 3" but the Mavs proved they had a Full team, and Jason Terry was HUGE off the bench

LeBron now stands 0-2 in the Finals, and the question asked shouldn't be "Will LeBron ever win a Championship" It should be "Will LeBron win more Championships than he loses" IMO he CANNOT be classified as one of the greats if he keeps losing in the Finals. He has no legitimate excuse now. He has 2 other franchise players in D Wade and Bosh, but yet he couldn't win it all. Maybe LeBron needs a 4th ???? Then again, if he was so great, he should be able to make it happen with just the 3.

The thing I thought that would hinder the Heat from the start of their season was their lack of depth off the bench. When the Lakers were busy winning championship after championship, I think many people forget they had one of the deepest benches in the league. Heck, I think they still might. I have heard reports that it shouldn't be discussed how to help the Heat who are loaded, but I think that is a bit off. I think adding more quality players to come off the bench would put them over the top. I'm not a Heat fan by any stretch, just talking about what I see.

Even Kobe needs a rest every here and there as well. Speaking of Kobe, THERE is a player with a killer type mentality on the floor.

Yeah, such is life Billy. I can't say as i'm a huge fan of any basketball player in the same manner I am with football, but even though some are troubled off the field/court/whatever, there's simply no denying the athletic ability. Kobe is one of those people is all i'm saying. Sort of like Ray Lewis is to football. Kill someone off the field (supposedly), but brings that same mentality on the field with him.

The only reason I brought up Kobe is because I heard on the radio today some analyst say that regardless of his playoff showing, LeBron is the closest thing to Michael Jordan we currently have playing. I STRONGLY DISAGREE. Kobe is far closer to what MJ was on the court and also has the hardware to show for his efforts. LeBron is gifted, don't get me wrong, but MJ ?? Not in my eyes.

Speaking of Kobe, THERE is a player with a killer type mentality on the floor.

... and a raping mentality off it. ;)

Really Billy? Still? From a case that happened in '03 and was dismissed ? From a lying girl who showed up to the hospital for a rape exam wearing underwear with another guy's semen and a caucasian pubic hair on it? Really? Still?

I was sure the Heat would win that series. The way LeBron shut down Rose at the end of the games in the Chicago series, I figured Miami would roll if for no other reason just his defense. His combination of size and quickness is just wierd, and that's in a game already filled with physical freaks.

It was just Dallas' year. Mark Cuban, I'm tired of Mark Cuban, but good for him. He wanted it badly.

Speaking of Kobe, THERE is a player with a killer type mentality on the floor.

... and a raping mentality off it. ;)

Really Billy? Still? From a case that happened in '03 and was dismissed ? From a lying girl who showed up to the hospital for a rape exam wearing underwear with another guy's semen and a caucasian pubic hair on it? Really? Still?

Oh yes Pimp. Still. Just days after the charges were filed against him, he went out and bought his wife a $4 million, eight-carat purple diamond ring. Nothing screams guilt like "Hey honey, I just thought I'd go out and spend four million bucks on you for no reason."

Really? ^_^