Great first round pick AJ Green

In my opinion, AJ Green was a great pick. He came from a small town where they had a good structure for children. He’s got discipline, respect, admiration, a great work ethic, etc. He’s very humble, talented and will make a great NFL player. Check out this video from the Bengals home page

/>http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/AJ-Green-Everything-to-Prove-51811/33d7388c-f061-4b7c-9fb1-7a9cbba97056

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for some NFL! I'll be retired from the military when the season starts and will be able to watch every game! Who Dey!

I'm with you!

Great pick and I'm ready for some football!!!! :bengal:

I've been so bored that I even started looking at O-line and D-line for NEXT year's draft.

Lets have some NOW football!

I want to see our draft picks running around the field -- especially A.J. I want to see Rey stuffing things up the middle. I want to see Boling at guard working against our D-Line! I want to see Moch learning to be a good OLB. I want to see Dalton working on his timing with the receivers!

I WANT FOOTBALL!!!

AJ was a hell of a Pick, but let's keep in mind he is a rookie WR, that's going to be adjusting to the Pro game without valuable camp time, and (most likely) without a proven NFL QB.

He'll end up being a great pick, but I'm keeping very realistci expectations from him this year.

**Note: His numbers would be a lot better with Carson

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else catch the recent Barfly interviews with Marvin Lewis?

Nutshelled, during the piece Jay Glazer openly gushes about AJ Green and repeatedly claims there were only 6 NFL teams that didn't have AJ Green ranked as the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft.

A straight up stud, says Glazer.

Did anyone else catch the recent Barfly interviews with Marvin Lewis?

Nutshelled, during the piece Jay Glazer openly gushes about AJ Green and repeatedly claims there were only 6 NFL teams that didn't have AJ Green ranked as the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft.

A straight up stud, says Glazer.

Nice! Best pick in years.

You know, when we made this pick I was not excited at all. First off, I wasn't excited about spending a pick on a receiver so high when it seems like we've had so much trouble with receivers over the years. I wanted more jordan shipley and gresham — guys who will work hard, keep their mouth shut and do their job. Then I start reading about A.J. Green. I start watching some of these videos, and I start getting excited. I just watched a highlight reel of this guy and am officially on board. Does he make absurd catches look easy and natural? Yes. Does he seem to be more than a "run fast and go deep!" wide receiver? Yes. The guy seems like a total freak. Two things impressed me most, though.

1) In this video, watch how he responds after his catches. The most intense celebrating he does is staring at the crowd. He gets up, throws the ref the ball, and runs back to the huddle. I had to see it happen 20 times to believe it. Looks like humility and a guy that wants to play the game, not be a celebrity/super star.

2) The guy is FIGHTING for yards. Every catch he's stiff arming a guy or lowering his shoulders for extra yards. The guy just keeps fighting. He doesn't go down as soon as he catches the ball.

I'm officially on board and excited to see him play. I'll probably get ripped for this, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have Carson throwing him the ball. The idea of it, even though it likely won't happen, makes me pretty excited.

Here we go babies. Who Dey 2012?! Superbowl bound! :bengal:

Here's that highlight video

<iframe width="560" height="349" src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/embed/aABY_tEmewg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 1 month later...

I must admit I was not in the camp for drafting this guy but he has impressed me in just about every area including a good personality. After 10 years of the Chad Show, I was a bit jaded but he doesn't seem to have the "me first" mentality.

He has some incredible talent and I look forward to watching this guy develop.

In back to back weeks he's made the CB covering him look just stupid.

It will be fun watching him play week in and week out.

Yep. An not just the average cornerbacks. Revis and Gamble. Not exactly average.

He smoked Revis at least 6 times by my count with his cuts and speed. Gamble, well, let's just say Gamble was not even on the same level with Green.

Green is going to make quite a few CB's look silly this year. I hope Dalton can deliver strikes to him when he is open.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it nice to be out of the Chad business. I love AJ Green

Bumpity....

I just watched Ron Jaworski address Chad's ongoing problems in New England on PTI. Jaws noted how Tom Brady absolutely insists his WR's be in the right spot and claimed Chad simply isn't in the right place often enough due to an inability to quickly learn the Patriot offense. Furthermore, that inability to learn the offense has caused Chad to press, resulting in a storm of dropped passes.

But more specifically, Jaws says the thing that jumps off the tape most is Chad's inability to adjust to anything more than the most basic defensive coverage. If bracketed, he's beaten. If a defender redirects his route he can no longer get to the spot he needs to be fast enough. In short, Jaws claims anything beyond the most basic defensive coverage has been enough to shut Chad down.

As always, FWIW.