Reds vs. Cubs

ArmyBengal

Yeah you have to love that kind of win and I really do enjoy beating the Cubs.

I don't know what the hell the Cubs manager (Quade) was thinking leaving Zambrano in that long ??

He had a 4 run lead and allowed NINE straight hitters to reach base.

I mean after six straight you have already lost at least half the lead, what the hell was he waiting for ??

Oh well, nice to take advantage of poorly managed games by the opposition.

Only a two game series with another two gamer against the Pirates coming up.

Unreal...

The Reds just took the lead in the bottom of the 8th on errors and fielders choices, then Votto doubles!!!

7-5 Reds!!! :cheers:

OK, so who's defense sucks more, Cardinals or Cubs?

Unreal...

The Reds just took the lead in the bottom of the 8th on errors and fielders choices, then Votto doubles!!!

That's easy. The Cubs hands down. The Reds Scored 7 unearned runs tonight to steal a win.

Thanks Chicago!!! :lol:

Funny thing.

I just got done feeding the baby when Rolen came up to bat in the bottom of the 8th. When I stood up, he drew the walk. Well needless to say the baseball superstition gods demanded I stay standing because something great was about to happen. Then you had Kerry Wood throwing the ball down the 3rd base line. Priceless.

I stayed standing with the little one until the inning was over.

Thanks baseball superstition gods !!!

Oh yeah, the undiscipline play of the Cubs is going to cost Quade his job before the break !!!

Unreal...

That's easy. The Cubs hands down. The Reds Scored 7 unearned runs tonight to steal a win.

Thanks Chicago!!! :lol:

We've seen piss poor defense from the Brewers, Cardinals and Cubs so far this year. If you were to make a Gold Glove NL Central team I think the Reds would win every position except for LF and that includes Bronson getting the nod as the Pitcher

One thing about big cities is the Press shows no mercy. Here's a hilarious read. Here are some excerpts:

This is embarrassing, even for the Cubs. On Tuesday night, the Cubs choked away a 3-0 lead, which is progress, I guess. The Keystone Cubs gave back all those runs when they made two errors on one play that included a cutoff of about two feet and a relay throw into the camera well. The Keystone Cubs gave the Reds the game in the seventh when Kerry Wood threw a bunt into the left-field corner after Aramis Ramirez stayed on the bag at third...

The fans figured out early that the team is bad. Fans also might think the rookie manager is overmatched, but the real disaster is the new owner and his decision to retain general manager Jim Hendry. It’s also ridiculous that Tom Ricketts retained team president Clown Kenney, but that’s not something fans generally react to. But the GM who assembled this overpaid, underachieving, retch-inducing roster, THAT’S what fans react to...

The fan who bought the franchise from the corporation has turned off the fans. Can we get some big red shoes and big red noses for the owner’s suite?...

The Cubs have a roster of mismatched parts because of mismanagement. Last offseason, Ricketts told fans he would shift money from payroll to scouting and development, and then his general manager traded three of his top prospects for a pitcher who could cost this fifth-place team $15 million this year and next...

Mixed messages? Miscommunication? Can we get a hummena-hummena-hummena out of Ricketts?

But I suppose it figures that if upper management can’t do the basics, then the team on the field shouldn’t be expected to throw and catch the ball, either.

>http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-chicago-cubs-players-pants-manager-mike-quade-20110518,0,5472277.column