Jerome Simpson says he's ready to be the leader

BengalRam

I think his days on the inactive list are over. If not, something is seriously wrong.

I hope great things for him, but good God he sounds clueless.

Then again, who am I, he's a "Baller" !!!

:lmao:

He did sound pretty clueless to me too.

The one thing that kind of disturbed me was when asked if he learned anything from the other receivers, he said that T.O. "taught him how to be Professional"......That's scary.

I think we're in great shape,.. I think rome can have a 1000 yd season. AJ green will get 7-800 yds and ship will have another 7-800 caldwell will back up all 3 spots and get 400 yards, gresh will get 6-700. we have the abililty to get to a LOT of yards

I think we're in great shape,.. I think rome can have a 1000 yd season. AJ green will get 7-800 yds and ship will have another 7-800 caldwell will back up all 3 spots and get 400 yards, gresh will get 6-700. we have the abililty to get to a LOT of yards

Whoa there td.....

The only way that happens is if Carson comes back. If I just use your conservative numbers, that comes out to:

1,000 Simpson

+ 700 Green

700 Shipley

400 Caldwell

600 Gresham

3,400 yards

and that's without anybody else getting any yards (RB's, backup WR's & TE)

There is NO WAY IN HELL a Rookie QB throws for 3,500 yards his 1st year....It just doesn't happen....especially without a full training camp and offseason.

I like the positivity, and yes I think those could be very realistic numbers, but ONLY IF it were Carson throwing the passes.

I said it can happen, Maybe not this year,.. I didnt think about dalton lol, without palmer, scratch 150 to 200 yds per person except gresh,.. Maybe i'm being a homer but I can definately see it happening. Maybe not with Dalton but if we get someone with experience in there and have good O-line play, we can put up some major #s

Yeah, I don't see Dalton going for 3,500 his rookie season, but you never know.

I mean with the type of throws expected in leading his WR's to attain more yards after the catch, it's feasible.

I'd be happier with him throwing it less, having less yards, but having a good percentage and less INT's, while a control the clock running game becomes the staple of this offense. You know, the kind Carson wanted no part of ?? Yeah, that.

Now after this season, once Dalton were to get some playing time and go through camps and everything, all bets would be off. I would still like to see the running game featured, but could see him getting his a little more.

Then again, the season could go nowhere, Dalton could see little action, his action could suck, and we end up taking another QB in the 1st next draft.

I'm really hoping that he at least has a decent enough season that it allows us to look in another direction come next draft.

Oh yeah, Simpson...

Go Jerome !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sticking to my off-season vow of not watching any Bengals in any interviews. Not only do I avoid all Chad Johnson s**t that way, I get to avoid having to contemplate things like Jerome Simpson's wonderlic...

Being up at crazy times throughout the night with my newest ArmyBengal, I find myself checking in with NFL Network to see if anything is going on.

I can't begin to tell you how sick and tired I am of hearing about teams organizing workouts at some location with thier group of guys.

Like I care the Seahawks special teams unit is linking up in Buttf*ck Arkansas to conduct kickoff drills...

It's a sada sada day TRexy !!! (anyone?)

Being up at crazy times throughout the night with my newest ArmyBengal, I find myself checking in with NFL Network to see if anything is going on.

"...and coming up next on the NFL Network stay tuned for the next exciting edition of TOP 10 NFL Lubricants, followed immediately by the show where NFL fans get their say about our rankings, TOP 10 NFL Lubricants:The Reaction Show.

And while we're on the subject of Top 10 shows, and we always are it seems, don't miss the latest installment of United We Stand, an hour long look back at the TOP 10 United Way commercials currently airing in heavy rotation on the NFL Network.

And in a final programming note, be sure to check out the latest edition of The Coaches Corner. Our roundtable of retired NFL GM's and head coaches will weigh in with their latest post-draft mock drafts. Tune in to see where our experts think top prospects might be headed now that we know with dead certainty where and when they were drafted. And later in the show our coaches and GM's will grade the draft grades they handed out last week."

[Click]

I would nothing more than to see Jerome step up into that role and build upon his 2010 finish.

I'm actually rooting for him very much. That being said, he still came across as a little clueless in that interview.

I still remember a brief interview with Chris Henry posted on the team site when he first came into camp. Dude couldn't put two words together. He could catch the post though.

I've got video from Hard Knocks showing Marvin Lewis attempting to explain to Chad Ochocinco, a 30-year old man who has earned tens of millions of dollars, how a personal checking account works.

Actually, that was a savings account. He was incredulous that banks don't just have a big vault where they put deposits and from which they fetch your cash when you make a withdrawal. That said, checking accounts are probably even more of a mystery to chad.

On the cosmic scale, however, I'm pretty sure chad's a relative genius compared to the former chris henry.

"...and coming up next on the NFL Network stay tuned for the next exciting edition of TOP 10 NFL Lubricants, followed immediately by the show where NFL fans get their say about our rankings, TOP 10 NFL Lubricants:The Reaction Show.

And while we're on the subject of Top 10 shows, and we always are it seems, don't miss the latest installment of United We Stand, an hour long look back at the TOP 10 United Way commercials currently airing in heavy rotation on the NFL Network.

And in a final programming note, be sure to check out the latest edition of The Coaches Corner. Our roundtable of retired NFL GM's and head coaches will weigh in with their latest post-draft mock drafts. Tune in to see where our experts think top prospects might be headed now that we know with dead certainty where and when they were drafted. And later in the show our coaches and GM's will grade the draft grades they handed out last week."

[Click]

Those Top 10 shows are the only thing they have going on and when NFL Access comes on, it's just sad.

Nice depiction though !!!

I would nothing more than to see Jerome step up into that role and build upon his 2010 finish.

I'm actually rooting for him very much. That being said, he still came across as a little clueless in that interview.

I still remember a brief interview with Chris Henry posted on the team site when he first came into camp. Dude couldn't put two words together. He could catch the post though.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing a player do great things on the field. Make the spectacular look like the standard and all.

If it took crazy high IQ's to play football, it would be MUCH more boring to watch. Athletic gifts don't always accompany intellect.

Oh well, go get'em stupid !!!