3rd Round: Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada

ArmyBengal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King had this tidbit in his column today:

And in the third round: I found three teams post-draft that told me either speedy linebacker Dontay Moch was a great pick or they were going to pick him later in the round.

Just watched both highlight vids. He obviously loves playing football. He plays with energy, and doesn't give up on plays. I am impressed by the highlight plays, don't have any idea how he played on all the other plays, though!

I can't really say much about him as Nevada simply wasn't one of those teams I caught many of their games.

That being said, the first time I heard of him was at the combine.

He lined up to do his 40 and the analysts were having side bar conversations about anything but Moch.

When he finished his 40, one of the analysts looked up at his time and asked in a very surprised tone, "Is that right?".

His speed on the outside will come in handy, but people say he might need some time.

I can't say as I knew much about Geathers before he came in and racked up a double digit sack season either.

I see Moch in that role starting out and think he will excel.