4th Round Pre-Pick Thread

HoosierCat

Well Boling feel into the 4th there is a chance they could get him, or there is a couple other good G/C for them to draft.

What about RB still think they should look for a bigger back, incase Benson dosnt come back

If Boling is there when we pick tomorrow, I think they have to pick him.

Then, Maybe hope to land RB Roy Helu Jr in the 5th Rd....He's a powerfull runner, but I'm not overly excited about any RB left on the boards.

Word is Boling struggles against power run defenders. With a lot of teams in a 3-4, could be why he is falling.

Boling just isn't very good. I can almost guanantee the bengals don't take him. Especially not in the 4th. Maybe 5th or 6th round. But his guy isn't an upgrade over any of our current starters. He would be a backup for us, and he's not as good as the O-Linemen we drafted last year - Hudson and Stephens. So why waste the pick?

S - McDaniel or Carter

McD!

Knowing this team, they will take a WR like Doss or Pettis...

That or a RB.

This order:

1.Clint Boling OG

2.Taiwan Jones RB

3.DeAndre McDaniel SS

4.Sam Acho DE/OLB

5.Greg Salas WR

I think teams just aren't sure about Boling because he played OT at Georgia, but projects to Guard in the NFL.

He's still graded out higher than all but one player. Here's what I found:

Boling's a prospect with a lot of starting experience at both guard and tackle who profiles best as an NFL guard. A savvy, maximum-effort guy who could find a home with a franchise that values technique and mobility up front above pure strength. Has great awareness and understands the finer points of line play. Is comfortable when zone blocking or matched up against speed rushers or gap penetrators in pass protection. Isn't going to blow defenders off the ball and stand his ground against the bull rush. Experienced, versatile and durable, Boling could come off the board in the third round.

Boling possesses very good mobility. Clearly a guy who passes attention in the film room. Plays with a high compete level and displays some nastiness. Does a good job with his hands and feet against speed rushers. Comfortable when zone blocking and gets in good position. Very durable and experienced

Couldn't AJ Green help weigh in on this ?? Then again, maybe he has...

Anyway, after him I want McDaniel, the safety from Clemson. He's the last safety I can realistically see having a chance to start.

If not safety, give me Powell:

Powell had a breakout season in 2010, and he has vision to excel in a zone blocking scheme at the next level. He possesses a knack for finding a seam and can accelerate on a dime to find daylight. He is very elusive in the open field, as he can idle down and then explode past a defender. He does not have the strength to run over people in the NFL, but he keeps his legs churning and usually falls forward after contact. Powell is a very good one-cut and go back and could be a middle round pick.

Powell is thickly built with a low center of gravity. Finds running lanes quickly, waits to set up his blocks, and can plant and explode through holes. Very elusive in the open field and flashes the ability to get big chunks of yards after the catch. Aggressive and a very capable blocker in pass protection.

PFW's top 10 remaining. (Small writeups on each at the link)

No. 60 — Georgia OG Clint Boling

No. 63 — Abilene Christian WR Edmond Gates

No. 68 — Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones

No. 69 — Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi

No. 70 — Oklahoma St. RB Kendall Hunter

No. 71 — Texas DE Sam Acho

No. 75 — Tennessee TE Luke Stocker

No. 80 — Nevada TE Virgil Green

No. 85 — Hawaii WR Greg Salas

No. 86 — Utah CB Brandon Burton

Clint Boling Scouting Report

I like the sound of this guy as the Bengals LG. But I would not be surprised at all if the the pick was Taiwan Jones. His best attribute is his ability to be a receiver out of the backfield. Nice for the traditional WCO.

Which I guess is what surprises me about the Bengals apparent interest in Daniel Thomas. He doesn't seem like a great fit in the WCO. More of a north and south runner... so what do I know?

Jones wouldn't surprise me either.

For what it's worth (loking at Pimp) almost all of the analysts are saying it's good we got Green and Dalton, but that retaining Benson and having that veteran leadership is what will make the whole thing work for the Bengals.

PFW's top 10 remaining. (Small writeups on each at the link)

No. 60 — Georgia OG Clint Boling

No. 63 — Abilene Christian WR Edmond Gates

No. 68 — Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones

No. 69 — Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi

No. 70 — Oklahoma St. RB Kendall Hunter

No. 71 — Texas DE Sam Acho

No. 75 — Tennessee TE Luke Stocker

No. 80 — Nevada TE Virgil Green

No. 85 — Hawaii WR Greg Salas

No. 86 — Utah CB Brandon Burton

Funny, this to me is why the Dalton pick is lame. Stanzi is even keel with Dalton, and there he is waiting to be drafted.

Noticed Burton there, and that would be a wise pick. Good player.

Stanzi is garbage.

Just my opinion, but I watched him a lot last year being in that part of the country.

McElroy on the other hand.....

Put Stanzi on the TCU team and he would be Dalton.

McElroy is the same... Cripes, there are a half dozen, decent but not excellent QBs, just like Dalton, who could still have been had. Whatever. I'm over it. It's done.

Draft me Burton or McDaniel with this pick and I won't b*tch about Dalton any more...