2nd Round: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

ArmyBengal

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said Mike Brown wanted Mallet,

You just hired a west coast oc, so you want to draft an immobile guy who's biggest asset is his downfield arm, a pot smoking Drew Bledsoe, if you will? That doesn't make any sense, I doubt even Mike would be that illogical.

I'm rooting for this kid. Screw all that bpa stuff, put together a football team. It looks like Marvin went and got his anti-Chad in round one, and his anti-Carson in round 2. Who Dey!

As Dick Vermeil said, you win championships by getting rid of the bitchers. See ya Chad...see ya Carson. Time to move on. I am OK with both picks even though I would have taken Peterson.

You just hired a west coast oc, so you want to draft an immobile guy who's biggest asset is his downfield arm, a pot smoking Drew Bledsoe, if you will? That doesn't make any sense, I doubt even Mike would be that illogical.

I'm rooting for this kid. Screw all that bpa stuff, put together a football team. It looks like Marvin went and got his anti-Chad in round one, and his anti-Carson in round 2. Who Dey!

As Dick Vermeil said, you win championships by getting rid of the bitchers. See ya Chad...see ya Carson. Time to move on. I am OK with both picks even though I would have taken Peterson.

What the hell does Dick Vermeil know about winning "Championships"??? thats plural you know? I count only 1 Ring with the Rams, and he was lucky to get that one, because had Trent Green not gotten hurt, nobody would have known who the hell Kurt Warner was and there would have been no championship...... Dick Vermeil.....HA !!!!!!!

Also, why the hell didn't Vermeil get rid of Larry Johnson in Kansas City? All LJ did was bitch and complain for 3 years, and had some very public fueds with Vermeil.....But Johnson stayed, Vermeil left......Vermeil is full of crap

What the hell does Dick Vermeil know about winning "Championships"??? thats plural you know? I count only 1 Ring with the Rams, and he was lucky to get that one, because had Trent Green not gotten hurt, nobody would have known who the hell Kurt Warner was and there would have been no championship...... Dick Vermeil.....HA !!!!!!!

Also, why the hell didn't Vermeil get rid of Larry Johnson in Kansas City? All LJ did was bitch and complain for 3 years, and had some very public fueds with Vermeil.....But Johnson stayed, Vermeil left......Vermeil is full of crap

hence why no championships for the chiefs... :> what bitchers did the Greenbay have ohya their entire I.R ^_^

Ginger.

There, I said it.

Oh, and also, this was a stupid pick.

Dalton is not going to give this team anything that Lefevour can't. Wasted pick. When I saw this on my phone, I cussed out loud, drawing sour looks from some parents at my kids school who were near me.

Why take Dalton when Bowers is there. Or Ayers. Or Williams... This is a dumb dumb dumb pick.

I know quite a few of you support this selection but I watched Dalton 5 or 6 times and he is only a slightly above average college QB, not an NFL starter who can come to this team and win. No dice.

I think taking Ayers, or Bowers or one of the RB's would have been a FAR better move. Plenty of time to get a McNabb, Alex Smith, Kolb, whatever... This was a desperation pick. Weak sauce.

Why take Dalton when Bowers is there. Or Ayers. Or Williams... This is a dumb dumb dumb pick.

Same Reason So many other teams passed on Bowers....Ayers plenty people passed on him and Williams ummm Buffalo selected him one pick before us and we really don't need a CB like we need a QB...

Same Reason So many other teams passed on Bowers....Ayers plenty people passed on him and Williams ummm Buffalo selected him one pick before us and we really don't need a CB like we need a QB...

Sorry, should have been more specific. Ryan Williams.

I get them passing Bowers though he has FAR more to offer than Dalton.

Ayers... whatever. Funny how I criticize the Dalton pick and you come back to tick at the other options rather than tell us how or why Dalton will prosper.

god I hate Hobson so much. Anyone listen to the Conference Call on the website? Everyone is asking football questions and Hobson is asking him about the Royal Wedding. What a douche

Hobson is a total hack putting out pure unadulterated garbage. I've been saying it for years! He is the major reason I ignore the official site. :angry:

Sorry, should have been more specific. Ryan Williams.

I get them passing Bowers though he has FAR more to offer than Dalton.

Ayers... whatever. Funny how I criticize the Dalton pick and you come back to tick at the other options rather than tell us how or why Dalton will prosper.

He wasn't even the Quartback that I wanted I'm just not a negative Nancy like some people.

Pros

-GF is Hot

-Very Successful at the College level 42-7 record loss 3 games in past 3 years I think it was?

-His Offensive Coordinator wanted him (Might be me but I trust Jay Gruden more then I trust you Kingwilly and I'd say this is a pretty important point)

-Well Suited for WCO

-Accurate Career avg 61% senior 66%

-Smart Good Football IQ

-Sound decision maker and cautious with ball(this one purely from a draft site but I figure I list it since the comment about interceptions earlier)

-Is a Passionate Leader (Nice perk loved Carson but he just never seemed to have the Fire in his belly maybe it comes from Daltons Red hair.)

Not a Pro or Con

-Average Arm Strength

-only 6'2 (Not really a big deal How many WCO QB's break 6'4?

A.Rodgers 6'2,D.Mcnabb 6'2,Vick 6'0,Hassleback 6'4(Surprised!)Joe Montana 6'2,Ken Anderson 6'2,Jeff Garcia 6'1,Steve Young 6'2

Cons

-He's a Ginger

-He's Soulless

-His GF is hot so hopefully she's not like Carson's wife...I know I'd listen to her ^_^

When Gruden asked Green who he wanted for a quarterback out of the draft about two hours before the draft, Green didn't blink.

"Andy Dalton," said Green before he went into his news conference.

Even Green wanted him over the Stronger armed Mallett.

PS,How do you know he won't be successful willy?Can I barrow your Crystal Ball so I can win the powerball in Oregon?

This was a desperation pick.

Whatever else it may have been, it was certainly not that.

This is the guy Gruden wanted, to the point that Dalton related a story about Gruden joking that he should "throw a few in the dirt" at the combine so he would fall to Cincy.

He may bust. The draft is a crapshoot. But the guy who has to cook the meal wanted this particular bag of groceries.

So all right. He got his way. Let's see what happens.

I know he's only 6'2", but so is ARodgers, just saying...I think that Palmer is still shell shocked from the Steelers hit, and the way he has been airmailing his throws, maybe his elbow is shot...I can't complain about anything they have done, new OC, new WR, new QB...Of all the players on the team, who don't want to be on said team, you don't want it to be your QB...good pick Bengals

This is the guy Gruden wanted, to the point that Dalton related a story about Gruden joking that he should "throw a few in the dirt" at the combine so he would fall to Cincy.

He may bust. The draft is a crapshoot. But the guy who has to cook the meal wanted this particular bag of groceries.

This.

I have said all along I'm against a QB in the 2nd round. It almost never works out. But it just makes sence to give Gruden the guy he wants. I'll give the guy a shot.

He's accurate, a good decision maker, and intelligent. I think those are the 3 most important character traits for a QB... so while he wouldn't have been my pick - I'm happy enough.

Watched the draft show on ESPN with the college guys last night while up with the little one and a nice blurb came out of one of their mouths.

Dalton's college career completion percentage against ranked teams is 70%.

70 freakin percent ?? Wow. Nice that he shows up for the big games as well and doesn't crumble under pressure.

Watched the draft show on ESPN with the college guys last night while up with the little one and a nice blurb came out of one of their mouths.

70 freakin percent ?? Wow. Nice that he shows up for the big games as well and doesn't crumble under pressure.

What impresses me even more about Dalton is his girlfriend. Definitely Boobiemiester approved! B)

jjordan_original_display_image.jpg?1304116918

What impresses me even more about Dalton is his girlfriend. Definitely Boobiemiester approved! B)

jjordan_original_display_image.jpg?1304116918

Dude He is a starting college quarterback, of course he gets the hot ladies.

I bet ya the kicker gets some good ass as well.

Ok, I concede I used the wrong word. Not desperation. How about "Insurance"?

Insurance against not getting a FA QB who can start, and insurance against the low chance that Jordan or Fevourfortheflavorofapringle can win the job.

I also concede that his GF does give me a fever. What a cutie...... uh, what we we talking about?