3rd Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at what we have and our needs, outside of safety or another defensive player falling that they didn't expect, Zimmer can probably call it quits with his input. Meaning, we are going to get to a point where the talent at the defensive positions of need won't upgrade what we currently have on the roster.

There are still many picks left in the 2nd, but the problem with Thomas would be the value at that point.

By the time we get there, it might be closer to being spot on, but there are a ton of OL that present a greater graded value still left.

There are really only 3 good O-Lineman that I would like left and who knows if any of them will be available in another 22 or 23 picks.

they are:

Rodney Hudson, John Moffit , and Stefan Wisniewski....all projected Guards or Centers

I'm really NOT a fan of Moffitt at all. The guy is so slow and Gruden mentioned wanting an athletic Guard capable of pulling hard and fast down the line. He's NOT that guy. Hudson is, but I don't see him being there. Rackley is a raw guy that would be very interesting, but someone will probably grab him up at the bottom of the 2nd. Boling is still the guy I think will be there at that position.

Marvin Austin, DT, still on the board.

I agree with getting Ahmed Black in the 4-5 round, but Marvin did say he is happy with Crocker and Nelson back there, so not sure they will be going that way.

RB has to be on the list soon, they need to run the ball alot this year, run it more then ever

I think its time to address the o-line

How about a Casey Mathews not much of a need...but I don't see us making superbowl run next year and dude will be a stud like his brother :o

You might be right on. Unfortunately, the Dalton pick screwed the chance of getting O-Line or D-Line in the 3rd......The Bengals MUST now select a RB and I can only hope Daniel Thomas is there in the 3rd.

Not really good chance they resign Cedric I'd say Position of biggest need atm is Guard & Safety. we have very below avg players there.

I'll never complain about taking a Duck (aside from that whole Akili thing).