• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimme one of the following, more or less preferred in the order shown

OL Franklin - Miami (FL)

DT Paea - Oregon

DE Bowers - Clemson

QB Dalton - TCU

I acknowlege Bowers injury situation but think a R2 pick for this potential allstar represents sufficiently low enough risk to reward ratio

Franklin is Bobbie's replacement. I think Bobbie gets social security benefits next year.

Between you and me TJ I fully expect the Bengals #2 pick to be Dalton. I can just feel it coming.

Dalton may not excite anyone because he's not flashy with the big arm. But the guy has all the characteristics you need in the NFL. And the guy is just a winner. Accuracy, intelligence, leadership, winning (duh). I watched him last year and couldn't figure out why nobody was talking about him with some of the other top prospects. Then after the season he really moved up once people actually watched film of how good he was. Mallet wold be more intriguing and might excite more people, but Dalton might be a really good fit. I'd be satisfied with either one.

There aren't really any top notch O-Line prospects that I would take this high. Marvin Austin might interest me. Bowers knee worries me too much. No big names have really dropped other than Mallet. So it might be a good time to take the QB.

Do you guys think at some point early on in this draft we take another WR? Caldwell, Simpson & Ocho all have one year left on their contracts. Not to mention Ocho will more than likely be traded or cut this year.

I'm sure this isn't new to any one here but I just wanted to say don't be surprised if we do end up taking another receiver in rounds 3 or 4...

F*ck QB, THEY ARE ALL GARBAGE !!! And you guys are kidding yourselves if you think any of the guys left will turn into good Pro's.

I really only see 3 options with the 2nd Rd pick:

--Draft Rahim Moore and find a cure for the Safety position they always seem to ignore

--Draft Rodney Hudson (G Fla St) as an upgrade over the 2 headed monster(haha) of Livings/Mathis or possibly as Bobby williams replacement

--Or roll the dice and gamble on Bowers and hope he and Dunlap can wreak havoc on opposing QB's for years to come (and finally dump Geathers)

No rookie QB will help the Bengals this year, nor in the future, the guys left just arent that good. If the Bengals draft a QB MARK MY WORDS, they will look back a year or 2 from now (when theyre drating another QB) and kick themselves for passing up on a damn good player who could have helped them for years !!!

Full disagreement on whether Dalton or any other rookie qb can help them, Pimp. Dalton probably could. And this year. It's not like any of the returning quarterbacks are familiar with Gruden's system either. Thanks to the lockout, neither runpee nor Lefeavor have any leg up. Not even a little one.

And with the lockout now lifting (slowly), they could in theory get Dalton the playbook and start getting him up to speed right away, as fast as the other two.

And what would help maybe generate a little interest in a fanbase that kinda doesn't give a s**t anymore? Dalton starting from day 1 might do it.

So, yeah, Dalton as the pick wouldn't bum me out.

Kaepernik would probably piss me off. I am one of the few that could talk myself into being okay with Mallett.

Gimme Peaea. I wouldn't mind taking Tyrod Taylor then in the third.

Oh God no. I'd rather stick with Jordan Palmer.

Agreed. Not to mention Tyrod will probably be available later anyway.

Honestly I doubt he'll get drafted at all.

From a VT grad and alum....Taylor would be a horrible pick for this team. He MIGHT be a backup someday for a team. That's it.

Full disagreement on whether Dalton or any other rookie qb can help them, Pimp. Dalton probably could. And this year. It's not like any of the returning quarterbacks are familiar with Gruden's system either. Thanks to the lockout, neither runpee nor Lefeavor have any leg up. Not even a little one.

And with the lockout now lifting (slowly), they could in theory get Dalton the playbook and start getting him up to speed right away, as fast as the other two.

And what would help maybe generate a little interest in a fanbase that kinda doesn't give a s**t anymore? Dalton starting from day 1 might do it.

Kaepernik would probably piss me off. I am one of the few that could talk myself into being okay with Mallett.

There will be a ton of Andy dalton's next year (not a compliment)

I just don't want to see the Bengals waste a pick on an inferior QB....YES, an Inferior QB. In this weak of a class, Dalton will be like the 4th or 5th QB (depends) taken.

What really gets me too, is that many fans have now convinced themselves that he will be a good pick because there's nobody left. I mean, People were convinced Newton was the choice to make, others Gabbert, then about a month ago you saw everybody clammoring for Ponder in the 2nd Rd, now all of a sudden it's Dalton? Really? Why? Because he might be the better of what's left? What does that mean? That's like saying "Hey, I like this pile of sh*t better than that one because it doesn't smell as bad" but guess what? In the end, it's still a pile of sh*t.

Aside from Andrew Luck or Landry Jones next year, there will be a ton of Andy dalton's (again, not a compliment) like :

Kirk Cousins Mich St.

Nick Foles AZ

Ryan Lindley San Diego St

G.J. Kinne Tulsa

along with the Terelle Pryor's and others

Use that 2nd Rd pick on a Saftey or O-Line.....or maybe Bowers if he's still available

Gimme Peaea. I wouldn't mind taking Tyrod Taylor then in the third.

Oh God no. I'd rather stick with Jordan Palmer.

Agreed. Not to mention Tyrod will probably be available later anyway.

Honestly I doubt he'll get drafted at all.

From a VT grad and alum....Taylor would be a horrible pick for this team. He MIGHT be a backup someday for a team. That's it.

I don't understand the hate for Taylor. Granted, taking him in the third would be a reach, I'll give you that. But he improved greatly as a decision maker last year, and he's got a great arm and overall he just appears to be really calm under pressure to me. He's not immature, he works hard, he's had a lot of clutch performances. I don't get it, personally.

Well, how nice is it to see all these other teams makes reaches and have our boys sitting pretty at the top of the 2nd ??

Don't give me that crap about those QB's going in the 1st either. Them going there has everything to do with the CBA and teams willing to overlook their 3rd round talent to ensure they fill a hole. It doesn't make them first round talent. That being said, thank you to those teams.

Now to our 2nd round pick.

No reason to ensure we get Dalton or Mallett by trading up a couple spots. Just sit back and see what happens and take the BPA that falls in our lap. While I wouldn't mind Dalton, why push it when free agency will happen ?? There are other (see better) options going that route. Why anyone wants any other QB in the 2nd is beyond me. DON'T PUSH.

Any of these players would work for me in no particular order:

Da'Quan Bowers- Yeah, the knee is a little unsettling.

Rahim Moore- Didn't watch him much last year, but is the top rated safety.

Marvin Austin- Troubled kid expected to go very high in the first round before then.

Rodney Hudson- Might be a little early, but fills a HUGE need.

Andy Dalton- I don't like Mallett and they are the only two left that "might" be able to help us THIS year.

Would any RB here really surprise anyone ??

In regards to the question about drafting another WR. I say absolutely in the later rounds.

Armon Binns from UC would work just fine.

I will just give a f**k no to Kaepernick. Why would it make sense to draft a guy who is more flawed than Cam Newton and cant play for a few years...but this is the Bengals.

It would not be a huge shock to me if we pass on QB again and Dalton goes back to his original draft value(3). I would expect if Bowers is still there when we pick it will be him, since we base value over need.

I say if Dalton isnt there in 3, take a long hard look at Stanzi or Taylor. Boys are gamers.

Stanzi throws away more games than Akili Smith ever did.

There will be a ton of Andy dalton's next year (not a compliment)

I just don't want to see the Bengals waste a pick on an inferior QB....YES, an Inferior QB. In this weak of a class, Dalton will be like the 4th or 5th QB (depends) taken.

What really gets me too, is that many fans have now convinced themselves that he will be a good pick because there's nobody left. I mean, People were convinced Newton was the choice to make, others Gabbert, then about a month ago you saw everybody clammoring for Ponder in the 2nd Rd, now all of a sudden it's Dalton? Really? Why? Because he might be the better of what's left? What does that mean? That's like saying "Hey, I like this pile of sh*t better than that one because it doesn't smell as bad" but guess what? In the end, it's still a pile of sh*t.

Aside from Andrew Luck or Landry Jones next year, there will be a ton of Andy dalton's (again, not a compliment) like :

Kirk Cousins Mich St.

Nick Foles AZ

Ryan Lindley San Diego St

G.J. Kinne Tulsa

along with the Terelle Pryor's and others

Use that 2nd Rd pick on a Saftey or O-Line.....or maybe Bowers if he's still available

I'm not gonna go to the mats screaming for dalton, but I have read enough on him that I am comfortable he could be a long-term answer here. So, if they start the process now, fine by me. Problem with waiting until next year at this point is it prolongs the inevitable learning process for whomever it is going to be.

So, if Dalton, since it is the 2nd, I would be fine with that.

They keep talking on ESPN and NFL Network that the Bengals are GOING to take a QB in the next two rounds.

My thing is, who is going to be there at the top of the 3rd ??

I don't think much seeing as how there are still those QB needy teams that passed in the first looking for value in the 2nd and will be MORE than willing to snatch them up. I expect one team to move up ahead of us and grab a QB. Either Dalton or Mallett will be there for our pick and if the thinking is THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ONE, I would prefer they go ahead and pick one of those two. While I would still like them to go in another direction, I won't bemoan the pick.

If we're gonna go QB late, gimme the kid from Alabama

I agree. I think McClroy has some Tom Brady-esque in his blood. All the kid does is win and if ideal for the WCO so why not. I also like Ricky Stanzi in rd.3

I dont think we address safety this round. I am hoping we hold out until the 4th or 5th for Ahmad Black. Love that guy.

TJ i think we wont look at o lineman until rd.6 on. Which is why this team sucks ass.

As for Bowers I am on board. It was kind of like why Rey was still on the board at this time a couple years ago and he wasn't a huge need but we took him anyway. Now that hasn't worked out but I see the same thing happening this year. Bowers will have a chip on his shoulder and you can bet this guy is going to be pissed he fell this far. Which is good :D

fwiw, Phil Simms on Dan Patrick just said Ryan Mallett was a can't miss qb and the best qb prospect in the draft. Whatever else Simms is, he probably knows a little about qb'ing.

fwiw, Phil Simms on Dan Patrick just said Ryan Mallett was a can't miss qb and the best qb prospect in the draft. Whatever else Simms is, he probably knows a little about qb'ing.

Ugh. I'm gonna have a really hard time being optimistic about it if Mallett is the pick. I really hate that guy.