ArmyBengal and Bengalszone Billy

Well it wasn't really a party. More like lunch and a beer at the Hofbrauhaus in Newport Kentucky. Good stuff there I might add!

kentucky2011005.jpg

Anyway I have to thank Mark, for meeting up with me on such short notice, and a toast to Bengalszone and all our members here.

Glad you made it back home ok Billy.

We wanted to get some more people together, but as Billy said, it was certainly a short notice event.

It would be cool to get some of the local members together and head down that way for a beer outing (for those old enough).

The Dunkel, which we were partaking, was particularly tasty.

Haha! This is great! Glad you all got a chance to hang out. At Hofbrau no less! Well done!

Next time I'll invite you too hokie. You seem familiar with the place. :cheers:

Ah yeah, you could say that. The last time I was there I was fighting off hoards of Ravens fans the night before the 2009 home game. Needless to say, more often that not when I do end up going there are stories from that particular evening. It's really hard to leave there and not be sh*tfaced.

Next time you all go down there, give me a heads up. I'll be there.

Haha! This is great! Glad you all got a chance to hang out. At Hofbrau no less! Well done!

Ah yeah, you could say that. The last time I was there I was fighting off hoards of Ravens fans the night before the 2009 home game. Needless to say, more often that not when I do end up going there are stories from that particular evening. It's really hard to leave there and not be sh*tfaced.

Will do hokie, but don't expect it from me anytime soon though because I'm back in Arizona. I really liked the place though! I'm not a big beer drinker, but what they were serving up kicked a$$! Food and atmosphere was excellent as well. Back in the '70's when I lived in Northern Kentucky, that area was a dump. What they've transformed the levee into now blows me away!

Will do hokie, but don't expect it from me anytime soon though because I'm back in Arizona. I really liked the place though! I'm not a big beer drinker, but what they were serving up kicked a$$! Food and atmosphere was excellent as well. Back in the '70's when I lived in Northern Kentucky, that area was a dump. What they've transformed the levee into now blows me away!

Billy, I'll drink enough for the two of us! Hofbrauhaus is a great place but not for every weekend. Yes, Newport has really come around the last 15 years. Right now the Banks area looks to be the next place to boom with resturants and bars right near both stadiums, just in time for baseball season. One of the bars, Holy Grail, has already been packed and hopping for the NCAA games.

Billy, I'll drink enough for the two of us! Hofbrauhaus is a great place but not for every weekend. Yes, Newport has really come around the last 15 years. Right now the Banks area looks to be the next place to boom with resturants and bars right near both stadiums, just in time for baseball season. One of the bars, Holy Grail, has already been packed and hopping for the NCAA games.

I'd like to see both sides of the river booming with places to go after the games be it Bengals or Reds. It seems to me after Cincinnati took up their riverfront with the stadiums and parking lots, it left the door open for Newport to offer a close place to go and relax while the traffic cleared out.

No reason to hesitate and it's a great question considering where we were.

The answer however is simple, it's on the sandwich.

Instead of the crunchy spear, it was cut up and put right on the sandwich.

Maybe your sandwich Mark, I don't remember what you ordered from the lovely fraulein who served us. Mine was loaded with sauerkraut.

Billy and I sat at the bar and watched as the crowd got up on their benches and chairs to do the chicken dance while the accordion player played the song. We both wondered aloud how that works out when people have had a bit much to drink ?? I wonder how many people have busted their ass while attempting to follow along with the song ??

Anyway, good times indeed and we need to get something together with the local Zone members.

So, who was drinking the vinegar?

When we have a "malt" over here it's usually a whisky!!!