NFL CBA thread-merged

HoosierCat

I've always had game but once you really learn the science of attraction you understand how women are wired

CANT

STOP

LAUGHING

What do these fine upstanding young ladies tell you when you tell them that

1) coward that you are, you actively promote violence against women, because, you know, "the b!tch deserved 1t"

2) you don't mind engaging in cheating with other men's women, even those of alleged friends

3) you maintain a collection of photographs of NFL players in homoerotic poses

4) you begged for money online right around the same time you also bought a 100 dollar Reds ticket

Oh, that's right, you lie. Just like here.

Get out of the house and try it TJ, you can find me at the clubs downtown pullin' 10's!

Nah, I have no interest in watching you teabag Ochodroppo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what your're saying Mem, and I think you speak for the majority. I was listening to the radio yesterday, and it sure seemed like most callers were anti players by a wide margin.

In their defense, the players had a contract through 2012. If it were up to the players, the agreement would still be in place. If it were up to the players, there would be football as usual right now.

The owners have a several year plan in place. Part of the plan was to opt out of the cba, then lock the players out. Both of which they have done. They could have continued with football even after the union decertified. They chose to end football instead.

My point is that this whole thing is a product of the owners' actions. And it is no accident. They planned this whole thing, and they've planned and prepared for a season without football, going so far as to take money from the players to fund that year.

I have no problem with a workstoppage if it's done right. Last time (in the 80s) it garnered labor peace for over 20 years. I think that was a bargain and it it works out similarly this time, great

While Hair is right that the event has gotten way too bloated (the extra day is still stupid), it is something that clearly most NFL fans enjoy and look forward to.

True enough, but most NFL fans enjoyed and looked forward to the draft the way it was before Roger "Empty Suit" Goodell turned the draft into a primetime knockoff of the annual Victoria's Secret lingere show. Worse, by changing the format we now have everyone rushing to declare winners and losers after a single pick.

IMHO the changes in the draft format were made with the viewing habits of the casual fan in mind, not the hardcore fan who would have watched regardless. As a result, the broadcast may have greater appeal across a broader audience, but the end result is a needlessly protracted and dumbed down version of the glorious nerdfest it once was.

The more the players do to f**k with the draft, the more they will annoy the general public.

Agreed, but in the grand scheme of things the battle for the hearts and minds of fans doesn't amount to a gob of warm spit when compared to the behind-the-scenes negotiation tactics that will eventually dictate how a multi billion dollar pie is distributed. Furthermore, I believe both sides would be more than willing to wear the black hat in the eyes of the public as long as they emerge the winner in actual negotiations.

Right now both sides are boasting about what they were willing to give up without explaining how they intended to make up the loss. Thus, there's no context possible. And without context there's no reasonable way to judge which side is actually negotiating in good faith, assuming for a moment that either one of them actually is. As a result I steadfastly refuse to become emotionally attached to either sides argument.

It just makes it extra bad for us Bengal fans. New OC, and a different QB with no time to work together means 2011 is dead for us anyway. BUT!!!!!

Andrew Luck 2012!

I agree. Going into 2011 the Bengals have as good a shot as anyone at Andrew Luck. So my thinking is that they ought not reach for a QB this year. They ought to see if they end up with Luck and if they don't they ought to take their chances with what's available when they do draft in 2012

It just makes it extra bad for us Bengal fans. New OC, and a different QB with no time to work together means 2011 is dead for us anyway. BUT!!!!!

Andrew Luck 2012!

I agree. Going into 2011 the Bengals have as good a shot as anyone at Andrew Luck. So my thinking is that they ought not reach for a QB this year. They ought to see if they end up with Luck and if they don't they ought to take their chances with what's available when they do draft in 2012

Exactly.

In regards to the QB position, all I want out of THIS draft is a better long-term option at the primary backup position.

• 2 weeks later...

How about big ben,phillip rivers.peyton manning.aaron rodgers.sam bradford.matt ryan.joe flaco.donavan mcnabb.carson palmer.jason campbell. Eli manning.that cat for the buds.Mathew staffford mark sanchez...well your list has the better players. Mine is a fact todays nfl franchise cares about franchise QBs.you may get lucky and find a brady,brees, or romo but more then your not going to risk it and go early on the most important position in todays nfl