Super Bowl XLV

jjakq27

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I learned from the game. I hope our new OC, the DC and our head coach were taking notes.

(1) You can beat the Steelers throwing the ball if you run quick slants and have your QB take three step drops instead of seven.

(2) You must commit a LB or safety to be a spy in the middle of the field on passing downs against Ben. He was unable to get out of the pocket and improvise much once the Packers did that with Clay Matthews.

(3) You don't need a roster of elite, top pick WRs to win. Witness Jordy Nelson, Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown.

(4) Getting consistent pressure on the QB is a game changer.

(5) Watching Greg Jennings was like watching a slightly larger version of Chad Johnson from 2005.

Anyone else notice that Christina Aguskankalara just f'ed up the lyrics to the National Anthem?

I was watching with family and friends and couldn't believe it either.

It's not like we are talking about Roseanne Barr here either.

WHAT THE F*CK ?!?!?!

I was actually pretty pissed off and still am to a degree with how they have been talking about it on the news.

Even the botched up line aside, she didn't have to scream the thing. At least she didn't lip synch it. I wonder if this experience will lead to more lip synching in the future...

Nice two minute offense at the end. They have only one time out, and the receivers are trying to switch sides instead of just running the route that the position dictates. And Ben throws a 4 yard pass that is a completion and keeps the clock running.

Pittsburgh's offense just plain choked at the end of that game. They had a chance to win the game and not only did they not succeed, they failed to even give it a disciplined try. Probably the biggest choke job I've seen in the Super Bowl by someone who doesn't kick for the Buffalo Bills.

Nice two minute offense at the end. They have only one time out, and the receivers are trying to switch sides instead of just running the route that the position dictates. And Ben throws a 4 yard pass that is a completion and keeps the clock running.

Pittsburgh's offense just plain choked at the end of that game. They had a chance to win the game and not only did they not succeed, they failed to even give it a disciplined try. Probably the biggest choke job I've seen in the Super Bowl by someone who doesn't kick for the Buffalo Bills.

Ben got distracted, daydreaming about how many (druken college)girls would go(willingly) to the men's room with a three time SB Champion.

I thought I was watching a bad Bengal highlight. Dumb play-calling and minimal urgency to get the plays set up. But wtf do we care? It was one of my favorite Super Bowls ever!!! I do think it's funny how a lot of Steelers fans are blaming Ben for their loss. Were Polamalu, Harrison and their DBs out there last night.? If Jordy Nelson and the other WR catch half of their incompletions last night, this game isn't even close.

There was a point not long after the game ended where I wondered if that last Steeler drive was how the 49ers drive at the end of Super Bowl XXIII was really supposed to go.

I heard that this was one of the worst beatings for Vegas in recent memory. GB covered the spread, the teams combined to hit the over and Pittsburgh's FG at the end of the half was good for the bettors too. Also CA's botched lyrics cost people since she was way under the time of the over/under.