Super Bowl XLV

jjakq27

Let's get it started......

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/45

I scoffed when I read the article by Peter King in the preseason edition of Sports Illustrated, picking the Steelers and Packers as Super Bowl finalists. So as much as it pains me, I must give him credit. He saw something in both of those teams that I did not.

http://sportsillustr...73841/index.htm

The Packers are 3 point favorites with the Over-Under at 45 points. I find that spread a bit surprising but I later saw that the Packers have never trailed by more than 7 points during the entire season, which is amazing. So perhaps that factoid throws it in their favor even though the Steelers played in the game just two years ago.

I saw a few funny bets like how many times they will mention Bret Favre, will the new overtime rule be needed or whether someone will hit the scoreboard during the game. Here are a few others.

http://www.docsports...rbowlprops.html

No word on whether there will be an Ocho or TO day for the press during the week.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side story...

My son had a minor procedure the other day at Children's (he's fine) and I was wearing an old Bengals sweatshirt. My nurse made a point to tell me she was a Steelers fan. I told her I hoped Ben got hit by a bus on the way to the game and we began talking. I said, so you must be from Pittsburgh then ?? She said, no I'm from Cincinnati. She went on to say how she was sick of the losing, hated Mike Brown, and that they brought in troubled players. She said it was hard to support the team and since her husband (also from Cincinnati) liked smash"face" football (yes I corrected her) they switched teams.

She told me how they love all the winning and I applauded her unique fairweatheredness (is that a word?). Her 9 year old daughter has a Roethlisburger jersey she wears proudly and I commended her for being a mother that could overlook a rapists action to allow her daughter to support him. We went back and forth for a good half hour (all while holding my son in recovery) and parted by wishing her now beloved team a horrible accident befall them.

Point is, while I understand the frustration (I REALLY REALLY DO) I just can't see myself leaving the Bengals and falling in with the Steelers just so I can follow a winner. Oh well, I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Bring on 2011 and one more thing....

F*CK YOU STEELERS !!!

Side story...

My son had a minor procedure the other day at Children's (he's fine) and I was wearing an old Bengals sweatshirt. My nurse made a point to tell me she was a Steelers fan. I told her I hoped Ben got hit by a bus on the way to the game and we began talking. I said, so you must be from Pittsburgh then ?? She said, no I'm from Cincinnati. She went on to say how she was sick of the losing, hated Mike Brown, and that they brought in troubled players. She said it was hard to support the team and since her husband (also from Cincinnati) liked smash"face" football (yes I corrected her) they switched teams.

She told me how they love all the winning and I applauded her unique fairweatheredness (is that a word?). Her 9 year old daughter has a Roethlisburger jersey she wears proudly and I commended her for being a mother that could overlook a rapists action to allow her daughter to support him. We went back and forth for a good half hour (all while holding my son in recovery) and parted by wishing her now beloved team a horrible accident befall them.

Point is, while I understand the frustration (I REALLY REALLY DO) I just can't see myself leaving the Bengals and falling in with the Steelers just so I can follow a winner. Oh well, I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Bring on 2011 and one more thing....

F*CK YOU STEELERS !!!

:cheers:

I have a small sliver of empathy for the Browns. I hated them as a child but worked in north-east Ohio for a period of time and got to see them and their fans first hand. I later learned the history of Paul Brown at Massillon HS, OSU and later with the Browns. So I feel like there is a bit of a connection between our two franchises. I don't root for them but I am am ambivalent if anything, except when we play each other.

However, I will never ever be able to root for the Steelers much less change sides. I had a Steeler fan offer to buy my Bengals sweatshirt from me at PBS before a game if I changed side. I told him to shove it up his ass. It reminds me of all the 49ers fans in the 1980s and Cowboys and Buccaneer fans of the 1990's and 2000's. It's easy to follow a winner. It takes effort and devotion to follow a team that isn't as successful. I think the Miami U/Ben connection has a little to do with it but many have chosen the easy route in this case.

So good luck Packers and F*CK YOU STEELERS !!!

Anybody know if it's streaming anywhere? http://atdhe.net/ don't work no more. WTF does homeland security have to do with watching tv I'll never know.

Sorry Kevin. The goverment shut that site down last week. Maybe try Justin TV.com.

Bloody Hell! It's shown on F'N free to air TV and the NFL wants to charge me 30 bucks to watch one F'N game?! REALLY?!?

When will old media companies wake up to newish delivery mechanisms?????

Sometimes it really sucks being exiled to this tiny island.

Bloody Hell! It's shown on F'N free to air TV and the NFL wants to charge me 30 bucks to watch one F'N game?! REALLY?!?

When will old media companies wake up to newish delivery mechanisms?????

Sometimes it really sucks being exiled to this tiny island.

We'll keep you posted here as best we can Kevin.