Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

And from Mort

mortreport Chris Mortensen:

Conditional pick in 2013 is 1st rounder if Raiders win 1 playoff game or it's a 2nd rounder. Still get the 1st rounder next April.

That's a pretty high bar but it's still a great trade since it's at least a 2nd. I wonder if winning a playoff game refers to both 2011 and 2012? Not that he has to do it twice but does he have two yrs to attain this lofty goal?

I think Carson is in the perfect sitution for him in Oakland. Much better than Seattle. If he flops there, he's done. No more excuses

I think Carson is in the perfect sitution for him in Oakland. Much better than Seattle. If he flops there, he's done. No more excuses

Absolutely. The AFC West is ripe for carving up. Denver and KC are train wrecks and the Chargers are the league's champion choke artists. Compared to what he's used to facing in Pittsburgh and Baltimore, that's a cakewalk.

It would be better for the Bengals if the wheels fall off for the Raiders than if they win a playoff game.

A late 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder are not all that different value wise... plus if the Raiders implode this season, the Bengals can get an early 1st round pick in 2012.

It's official. I hate the Raiders. Hope they finish 4-12! :lol:

Sweet deal wish we could have gotten a player too,I think having hue on the raiders helped alot and season supposed be honoring Al a old school football figure.

How pissed are you if you're a Raiders fan? Talk about mortgaging your future. You get a decidedly average QB in exchange for your only valuable draft pick next year?

Al Davis lives on.

As a Raiders fan I'd try and trust in Hue,He's been the only good thing about that team for a very long time

Ok, not to piss on the parade but this is not a master stroke of genius or some finely executed plan that was hatched long ago.

This is a blind squirrel finding a nut. A very big, tasty, delicious nut but a nut nonetheless. A blind squirrel nonetheless.

NO ONE could have predicted that Jason Campbell, or any other starting QB for a slightly better than average team, with no aspirations on taking Andrew Luck, would have gone down the weekend before the trade deadline. No way.

NO ONE could have anticipated that a team with no Andrew Luck aspirations would be willing to pay the SoP price (way past what Palmer is worth, BTW) to acquire Palmer.

So, before you all bow down to kiss the Ivy League educated back end of crusty 'ol Mike, please keep this in mind that this is simply dumb luck. Dumb luck, wrapped in incompetence and stubbornness, that finally found a big enough, tasty enough nut.

Thank you Mike Brown for accepting the enormous, gigantic nut you've stumbled upon, and accepting the nut for your shiny, broke-down, quitter of a former starting QB.

Al Davis wouldn't have given up that much.....

Exactly. The Bengals caught them in flux after Davis's death before they could settle in with a new GM... when they're the most vulnerable to doing something insane.

I give Mikey nearly ALL the credit right now.

Mike Zimmer:

Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer told NFL Network's Albert Breer he was happy for Palmer -- but that the current Bengals were unaffected by the Palmer situation.

“I like Carson," said Zimmer. "This is a good deal for him, he gets the chance to get out there with Hue, he’ll know the offense. But with our team, it hasn’t been holding over us in any way. Really, he hasn’t been here and the young quarterback, it’s his team now. I don’t think the players care much about about the picks, but that’s good for the organization, too.

"The organization is basically getting the picks for nothing.”