Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

Right now, there's just one thing I want to say:

Peanuts. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well... it remains to be seen. Look at the players the Broncos drafted in compensation for Cutler and Brandon Marshall. Peanuts would be generous.

That said... peanuts in the form of a single 3rd round pick is what most fans on this site would have settled for from Seattle or Miami if they had been running the team.

Mike Brown 1. Fans 0.

I apologize for not remembering the thread you titled, "Let's hold onto Palmer until Jason Campbell goes down and Oakland offers the world for Carson Palmer"

I never predicted the future. But I also backed Mike Browns "no-trade" policy every step of the way.

Oakland knew they would have to come in with a huge offer to change Mike Brown's mind. And it worked... right?

I think we now know that MB hasn't held onto Palmer because of "principle" or anything. He's been waiting for a team to give him an offer he couldn't refuse and he found a sucker. MB played this perfectly.

Can't believe I said that... :huh:

That said... peanuts in the form of a single 3rd round pick is what most fans on this site would have settled for from Seattle or Miami if they had been running the team.

Probably true, but I wanted multiple first round picks -- and thanks in part to the circumstances surrounding the Raiders' loss of Campbell, I got 'em! I couldn't be happier. And to echo what's already been said, Mike Brown deserves huge, huge, huge props for this deal. I can't wait to see how the WDR dopes try to spin this one into a negative!

Fun stuff from Toast.

"@lilvernon28: @artrellhawkins mike brown running down queens Blvd w raiders draft picks..Raiders "thief! stop thief! Come back thief!"~LMAO

"@Fisherworld25: @artrellhawkins bengals biggest winner in the draft already and its not spring"~This comes from a former NFL exec!

I wonder what Carson has to do in order to get that 2013 1st rd pick and if he falls short, what do we get? Either way it's a good deal for us

agree. Probably playoff berth by Oakland. But IIRC, Bengals once tied a conditional pick to Boomer Esiason's QB rating for the Jets. He did not come close to achieving it.

Probably true, but I wanted multiple first round picks -- and thanks in part to the circumstances surrounding the Raiders' loss of Campbell, I got 'em! I couldn't be happier. And to echo what's already been said, Mike Brown deserves huge, huge, huge props for this deal.

Have fun but I'm guessing the peanut tread was dead on right up to the moment that Al died and Jason Campbell broke into small bite sized pieces.

That said I now join you in offering huge props to Mike Brown for pulling off the heist of the century.

:cheers:

Carson, you had a great run and I appreciate the years and blood you devoted to making this team a contender. Good luck in Oakland!

F*ck Carson Palmer!

I suppose, but given how things have played out so far, I can't be too upset. Carson quitting led the Bengals to pick Dalton, and so far that's been a stunning success. Far from a lost season, the Bengals are being bandied about as a sleeper playoff contender. And the FO cashes in its disgruntled former franchise QB -- a guy who many around here think is washed up -- for at least one and maybe 2 first-round picks. Not much not to like here so far, I'd say.

Carson, you had a great run and I appreciate the years and blood you devoted to making this team a contender. Good luck in Oakland!

F*ck Carson Palmer!

True.

But c'mon now, the whole Carson Palmer is now a Raider thing is almost priceless. In fact I may even buy a Carson Palmer Raider jersey.

where does it say what the conditional pick is....I see it can be a 1, but I am more interested on how low it can go (as I am assuming for now that we will get the low end)

According to Jay Glazer it is:

Trade is for a first-rounder in 2012 then a second rounder in future that can turn into a first-rounder based on his play.

http://twitter.com/#!/JayGlazer

And from Mort

mortreport Chris Mortensen:

Conditional pick in 2013 is 1st rounder if Raiders win 1 playoff game or it's a 2nd rounder. Still get the 1st rounder next April.

where does it say what the conditional pick is....I see it can be a 1, but I am more interested on how low it can go (as I am assuming for now that we will get the low end)

Who cares, we got a 1st rnd pick for a player that was "retired" lmao.. That's a lot more than anyone offered during draft time. The '13 pick is to boot.

Everybody get a firm grip on your jaws before reading this 'cause you won't want to break them by letting them slam to the pavement. Peter King:

RT @BAS185100: How does media criticize Brown and Bengals for this? ... Can't. This is the greatest trade of Mike Brown's career.

Is there a "fainted" or "passed out" smilie on this board?

Wow what's next????? Try this one...

RT @Delacerda007: Cincy will just draft two more trouble makers with the picks! ... Yeah, like that rabble-rouser Andy Dalton.

or

First reaction, after picking up jaw from floor: I understand why the Raiders did it, but this is a borderline swindle for Cincinnati.

F*ck Carson Palmer!

Haha -- part of me wishes I shared in the widespread hatred of Palmer just so I could enjoy the fact that he now appears to be going where so many other old washed up guys go to die.

But I just don't have hate for the guy, so I wish him the best (unless and until the Bengals and Raiders are contending for the same playoff spot).