Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

Per PFT:

5. The Bengals have a good chance to head into their bye week at 4-2. They host the Colts next week before getting a week off. Carson Palmer could have made the playoffs with this team.

You can read more here The Bengals are a winning team

Do not. I repeat, DO NOT take the Colts lightly.

Carson Palmer could have made the playoffs with this team.

Carson wouldn't have had this team.

Don't look now, but before this season is over we may be thanking CP9 for quitting.

I already am.

If you have an address, I'll send him a card.

Carson Palmer's worst nightmare...an entire Bengals fanbase asking the same question...Carson who?

Seriously, Dalton is just killing Palmer's trade value at this point. As a rookie, he's pulled out the same 3 wins with arguably 'less talent' in just five games that Palmer did all season with supposedly more offensive tools.

Counterargument coming from someone...yeah, but Palmer was handicapped by Brat's non-existant 'playbook'.

Reply...perhaps, but Dalton is still a rookie and the offensive unit under Dalton has had way fewer discipline issues like delay of game and false start penalties. Those don't rely on the called play. Those are leadership issues. Dalton is leading the offense and they are following with a growing confidence. Palmer didn't lead the offense, he merely executed the plays.

If I'm an NFL GM, I don't see Palmer as any better of a qb option for the future than I do a David 'Still Unemployed' Garrard. Anybody that thinks SoP is a fool because they've assumed Brown has turned down first or second round opportunities is just kidding themselves IMHO.

I don't think Dalton's success will hurt Palmer's value. Different teams, different receivers, different coaches, different schedule, etc. If anything, I think Dalton doing well is helpful in that it ought to make the organization more comfortable moving Palmer in 2012.

I don't think Dalton's success will hurt Palmer's value. Different teams, different receivers, different coaches, different schedule, etc. If anything, I think Dalton doing well is helpful in that it ought to make the organization more comfortable moving Palmer in 2012.

Wishful thinking:

1) Brown is not going to move Palmer

2) Dalton playing well with less, hurts Palmer's value alot. If the Bengals were 0-5 the media would be all over Brown for not trading him and now you hear almost nothing.

1) I think he will. Brown will have proven his point. Now, I don't think a deal being reached is a sure thing -- Brown may not get what he considers enough value, and the Bengals are probably not the only team Palmer isn't interested in playing for. But I'm betting that Palmer goes on the block.

2) Well, first of all I think it's tough to make the case Dalton is playing with less. TO is out of the league, traveling to Japan to get fat injected into his knee or whatever and issuing "I shall return" statements to try and stay relevant. Meanwhile, Chad is in NE, contributing false start penalties and little else.

As for the media, don't worry, the talk will heat up again early next year.

2) Well, first of all I think it's tough to make the case Dalton is playing with less. TO is out of the league, traveling to Japan to get fat injected into his knee or whatever and issuing "I shall return" statements to try and stay relevant. Meanwhile, Chad is in NE, contributing false start penalties and little else.

Not tough at all. Of course he's playing with less. Your number one receiver is a rookie unproven over time. Your other two receivers are now the largely untested Caldwell and Ocho-kilo, to borrow your nickname from another thread. The anticipated number two guy is out for the year. Now, long term, you may prove to be correct. Green and Caldwell may be the next Taylor/Rice, but for right now, the rookie is making greater progress with a new system that he had about five weeks to learn with a receiving unit that across the board had little or no real NFL playing experience.

All things equal, I think that makes Palmer look a lot less desireable to teams.

In hindsight the long forgotten and laughable figure of Caleb Miller turned out to be my Prometheus. But even a Caleb Miller cast in the role of Prometheus could not bring fire down from the heavens above. At best, the obstacles he spoke of were small, petty, and could very easily be overcome if Miller were a bit more professional and far less pussified.

Nutshelled, Prometheus complained about the free food he was served.

You out of towners are fortunate that you don't get to see the ch 12 Sunday Night News here in town, but for some odd reason the powers that be there have decided that Caleb Miller deserves facetime to be part of a panel that rehashes Bengal games every Sunday night. Let me tell you comes across as the perennial sophomore and not ready for PrimeTime. It really puts a face to his writings that we've been treated to here. He makes jestures as they go off to commercial breaks and overall just seems to have to call attention to himself like some insecure loser in school. So nutshelled "he is what we thought he was" from his writings...

Not tough at all. Of course he's playing with less. Your number one receiver is a rookie unproven over time. Your other two receivers are now the largely untested Caldwell and Ocho-kilo, to borrow your nickname from another thread. The anticipated number two guy is out for the year. Now, long term, you may prove to be correct. Green and Caldwell may be the next Taylor/Rice, but for right now, the rookie is making greater progress with a new system that he had about five weeks to learn with a receiving unit that across the board had little or no real NFL playing experience.

Well, whether or not Green had experience before, he does now and totally looks the part of an NFL receiver. And Chad? Same old crap. But really, we knew this from the end of last year, didn't we? We all saw Palmer and the passing game come alive the last few games when the TO/Ocho Show got cancelled by injuries. Heck, we were all complaining about Caldwell and Ocho Kilo not getting in the game earlier in the season and citing that as one more example of coaching incompetence.

All things equal, I think that makes Palmer look a lot less desireable to teams.

I think that what they think about his knee, elbow and attitude will play a much larger role than anything Dalton does.

Woo-Hoo! 94 pages!

In hindsight the long forgotten and laughable figure of Caleb Miller turned out to be my Prometheus. But even a Caleb Miller cast in the role of Prometheus could not bring fire down from the heavens above. At best, the obstacles he spoke of were small, petty, and could very easily be overcome if Miller were a bit more professional and far less pussified.

Nutshelled, Prometheus complained about the free food he was served.

You out of towners are fortunate that you don't get to see the ch 12 Sunday Night News here in town, but for some odd reason the powers that be there have decided that Caleb Miller deserves facetime to be part of a panel that rehashes Bengal games every Sunday night. Let me tell you comes across as the perennial sophomore and not ready for PrimeTime. It really puts a face to his writings that we've been treated to here. He makes jestures as they go off to commercial breaks and overall just seems to have to call attention to himself like some insecure loser in school. So nutshelled "he is what we thought he was" from his writings...

Living in SoCal, i don't get to see that, but, does he get hurt during the newscast, come back for like 2 minutes then get hurt again? 'cuz that's the only thing I remember about him.....well that and being undersized.

Seriously, Dalton is just killing Palmer's trade value at this point. As a rookie, he's pulled out the same 3 wins with arguably 'less talent' in just five games that Palmer did all season with supposedly more offensive tools.

Counterargument coming from someone...yeah, but Palmer was handicapped by Brat's non-existant 'playbook'.

Not fair Greg, and besides Brat, ALL OF US knew last years Schedule was BRUTAL, and that this year's was cake.....Dalton hasn't faced a decent team yet (maybe with the exception of Buffalo) but it's not Dalton "killing Palmer's trade value" as Dalton hasnt really been anything special. It has been the DEFENSE. The Bengals were never ranked #1 in defense with Carson. Let's not kid ourselves, the Bengals DO NOT win yesterday if the defense doesnt hold Jacksonville backed up at their own 6 with like 4:00 left in the game, forcing the punter into the back of the end zone where he can only manage a 22 yard punt, and giving the Bengals the ball at like the 22 or 23.......that's what won the game. Dalton has just done enough (completed a 4th down pass yes, only after incomplete on 3rd)

Dalton also has the luxury of having WR's and a TE who actually want to play the game, give great effort, and want to learn.......No Ocho, no T.O. I'm pretty sure we won't hear AJ Green bitching that he doesn't get enough targets.....That's HUGE when you as a QB don't feel the need to force sh*t to a WR just so you don't have to hear his bitching and moaning.....

It still bugs the hell out of me to think the Bengals very possibly could be 5-0 in Carson were still here........

P.S. they dont have "less talent" than last year, it's just younger....AJ Green is more talented than any WR they had last year, and there is definitely more talent on defense....

We can play "what if" and imagine being 5-0 even without Carson. The thing is we'll never know what we'd be with Carson. He may have thrown a few pick 6's or not scrambled to our detriment

Just because Palmer has a more prototypical QB body doesn't mean he's a better QB.

Palmer was part of the problem in the locker room... and the main reason the Bengals are winning games right now is that they aren't giving up when things don't go as expected. Something the Palmer led team rarely did.

Palmer seemingly lacked the majority of the intangibles that you look for in a QB. And Dalton... for all he is lacking, appears to ooze those intangible qualities necessary to be a great QB in this league. So yeah... F*ck Carson Palmer.

It still bugs the hell out of me to think the Bengals very possibly could be 5-0 in Carson were still here........

It doesn't bug any Bengals players or coaches. In fact, there is example after example of players and coaches talking about the qualities that this quarterback brings to the table, then casually mentioning that the team didn't have those qualities last year.

So who's judgment do I trust, the players and coaches who have worked beside both quarterbacks, or the internet message board poster desperately trying support a hypothesis he put forth before the season that has been disproved by every shred of evidence since the games started?

With Carson's passive/aggressive bulls**t this team would be 1-4 at best. They were 0-5 with Carson leading them last year at this time.

Cam Newton is almost certainly going to win. He's currently ranked 4th in passing yards... plus he has rushed for 160 yards and 5 TDs. I've never seen a team rely so heavily on a rookie to be their whole offense as the Panthers are doing right now.

The Panthers offense was ranked dead last in the NFL last year. This year, they are 5th.

To put it simply... I was wrong about that dude. I'm still not sure he'll ever be great at reading defenses, but damn... he doesn't need to be. Dude's a beast.

Cam Newton is almost certainly going to win. He's currently ranked 4th in passing yards... plus he has rushed for 160 yards and 5 TDs. I've never seen a team rely so heavily on a rookie to be their whole offense as the Panthers are doing right now.

The Panthers offense was ranked dead last in the NFL last year. This year, they are 5th.

To put it simply... I was wrong about that dude. I'm still not sure he'll ever be great at reading defenses, but damn... he doesn't need to be. Dude's a beast.

He is everything I thought about him when at Auburn. Simply an amazing athlete and a force in the NFL to be reckoned with. A rookie like none other before him.

Not fair Greg, and besides Brat, ALL OF US knew last years Schedule was BRUTAL, and that this year's was cake.....Dalton hasn't faced a decent team yet (maybe with the exception of Buffalo) but it's not Dalton "killing Palmer's trade value" as Dalton hasnt really been anything special. It has been the DEFENSE. The Bengals were never ranked #1 in defense with Carson. Let's not kid ourselves, the Bengals DO NOT win yesterday if the defense doesnt hold Jacksonville backed up at their own 6 with like 4:00 left in the game, forcing the punter into the back of the end zone where he can only manage a 22 yard punt, and giving the Bengals the ball at like the 22 or 23.......that's what won the game. Dalton has just done enough (completed a 4th down pass yes, only after incomplete on 3rd)

Dalton also has the luxury of having WR's and a TE who actually want to play the game, give great effort, and want to learn.......No Ocho, no T.O. I'm pretty sure we won't hear AJ Green bitching that he doesn't get enough targets.....That's HUGE when you as a QB don't feel the need to force sh*t to a WR just so you don't have to hear his bitching and moaning.....

P.S. they dont have "less talent" than last year, it's just younger....AJ Green is more talented than any WR they had last year, and there is definitely more talent on defense....

5-0 is just as likely 0-5 with Palmer throwing pick sixes in each game.

first off f**k carson the whinny bitch quit on these guys.

you think carson would have made a td saving tackle? nope! i say andy's tackle after the pick was a huge play. 1 in many this team made to win the game. the thing is games are won because of a series of situations rather than one play. one play may seem like it won the game, but that's not the case. you can go thru every game and find that there was a hand full of plays that determine the outcome. on both sides of the ball.

i also disagree that the bengals have not played any good teams. seems to me the niners and bill have a combined record of 8-2. they are pretty good to me, especially now. those to team are playing damn good football. we beat one and barely lost to the other.

yea we could play the, what would game with carson all day. fact is andy and this team are exceeding expectation and are fun to watch. so just sit back and enjoy the ride like most of us are.