Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

At the end of his contract?

As I understand it, if he never reports, the contract never ends - it just moves forward year by year, not unlike the carrot dangled before the donkey that he can never quite get to no matter how long or swiftly he moves towards it

Which segways somewhat nicely to me sensing a swift rebuttal from Hair wherein my own ability to comprehend even the simplest of football-related concepts is noted as having a strong degree of resemblance to the donkey finally getting to the aforesaid carrot

Some guy named Rich Smith with some company called ALLsportsINTEL claims the Dolphins have offered the Bengals a 3rd round pick for Palmer... but that the Bengals will accept nothing less than a 2nd round pick.

He then later reported that the Dolphins have upped their offer to a conditional 3rd round pick that could turn into a 2nd round pick if certain goals are reached.

I'm not buying it. I don't think the Dolphins have that much free cap space, I doubt Palmer is much of an upgrade over Henne, and even if Palmer is a lot better... it's too late for him to come in and salvage their season.

Anyway... just thought I'd contribute to the rumor-mongering.

The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have offered a professional tryout to Carson Palmer. The tryout will take place on Thursday, September 29 at 7:00pm on the ice at U.S. Bank Arena.

/>http://www.cycloneshockey.com/news/393/cyclones-offer-carson-palmer-professional-tryout/

The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have offered a professional tryout to Carson Palmer. The tryout will take place on Thursday, September 29 at 7:00pm on the ice at U.S. Bank Arena.

/>http://www.cycloneshockey.com/news/393/cyclones-offer-carson-palmer-professional-tryout/

Yeah, I read that several days ago. I assumed that Palmer has nothing to do with the story, and is simply a Cyclones publicity stunt.

Although, nothing would make me happier than having him show up, revealing that he and Chad are identical cousins.

I heard Aaron Curry is on trading block for Seatle. I would trade Palmer for him.

F*ck that. Curry is currently being talked about as being worth nothing more than a 6th round pick.

His contract is almost as bad as Palmer's... and at least part of the reason he hasn't lived up to his draft status is that he doesn't fit in a 4-3 scheme. Zero interest.

If my behavior ,lately has seemed "Trollish" to you, don't blame me, blame that idiot Mike Brown, for he caused me to be this way.

Another man has caused you to be the way you are? Hmm...

I think that makes you Mike Brown's bitch.

I wipe my ass with what you think.....

Go right ahead. I can't even be mad at you. You aren't responsible for your actions. Mike Brown made you behave this way. He owns you.

As for what I think... Well, at least another man doesn't control my thoughts.

They are in the Luck race now. Doubt they try and screw that up.

Well, both the coach and the GM will be fired this coming offseason... so I doubt they give a s**t about Andrew Luck. They are trying to save their jobs.

That said... I don't think Palmer is saving anyone's job this year. Least of all for the Dolphins... so yeah. Nothing to see here.

Well, both the coach and the GM will be fired this coming offseason... so I doubt they give a s**t about Andrew Luck. They are trying to save their jobs.

That said... I don't think Palmer is saving anyone's job this year. Least of all for the Dolphins... so yeah. Nothing to see here.

where did u get the idea that gm ireland will be fired??

I don't know about Ireland but it seems like Bill Parcells left that team in a kind of disarray.

Have you ever looked at who owns the Dolphins? Yeah everyone knows Huizenga but what about: Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Emilio Estefan, Fergie, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams.

Before the season started, the owner wouldn't comment on the security of Ireland's job. Do you see anything that would increase his confidence in Ireland thus far?

remember my brother is miami fan and dolphins is my 2nd fav team, my brother said yes head coach will be fired, no players like him, so they dont give a f**k this year, but ireland's job is secured, he wont be fired.

also rumor in miami side, which i dont like, ross is trying hard to get jon gruden, but jon's 1 requirement is must have jay as his OC. Jay said he would love to work for his brother. if this happen then yes more likely ireland will be fired as jon want to be GM himself

remember my brother is miami fan and dolphins is my 2nd fav team, my brother said yes head coach will be fired, no players like him, so they dont give a f**k this year, but ireland's job is secured, he wont be fired.

No offense... but I don't care who your brother is. I know what I heard. In an interview with the Miami owner, he was asked if Jeff Ireland's job was secure. His answer to the question was something along the lines of "Everyone has to be held accountable for the performance of the team."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

also rumor in miami side, which i dont like, ross is trying hard to get jon gruden, but jon's 1 requirement is must have jay as his OC. Jay said he would love to work for his brother. if this happen then yes more likely ireland will be fired as jon want to be GM himself

Can't happen. Jay Gruden is under contract in Cincy. He can't leave unless he is offered a HC job... or the Bengals let him leave.

Neither of those things are going to happen.