Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

carson's value increases every week the seahawks fail. tavaris jackson could make carson worth alot in the next coming weeks. i think if we traded him today we could get a first.

trade him mikey damn it!!!

Never. Gonna. Happen.

carson's value increases every week the seahawks fail. tavaris jackson could make carson worth alot in the next coming weeks. i think if we traded him today we could get a first.

trade him mikey damn it!!!

Never. Gonna. Happen.

i know :cry:

Well I think 3 things block a Carson Palmer trade:

1. Mike Brown feels like Carson stabbed him in the back by asking for a trade after giving him that long extension and all that money.

2. Whatever team the Bengals traded Carson to would want the Bengals to eat some of Carson's contract. Not going to happen.

3. The Bengals would have to ask for a high draft pick for Palmer or they would get roasted in the media. A high draft pick means another big contract Mikey boy would have to dish out.

At this point Mike Brown is saving money and face at the same time. He looks like an owner sticking to his guns forcing player loyalty, yet at the same time he is saving $11 million dollars by letting Carson sit his butt on the beach in California.

I don't think the Bengals win that game if the 2010 Palmer was at the helm. He sucked out loud last year and, above all else, exhibited NO ball security. I liked that Dalton and Gradkowski took care of the ball.

Well, at this point, the bottom line is that the Bengals are 1-0 (overall AND in the division) w/o Carson and even with having to throw Gradkowski to the wolves.

To steal a line from "Airplane," Carson picked the wrong year to stop sniffing glue.

“Do you ever wonder why Scraps (Dog) rubs up and down your leg?”

:boff:

Just food for thought...have you wondered why Palmer hasn't filed his retirement papers? Maybe when he came to Cincinnati in July he made a handshake agreement with Mike Brown that when the price was right, i.e. when a good team loses their starting QB to injury and needs a good QB to come in and salvage their season, that the Bengals will trade Palmer. That way the Bengals win and Palmer gets what he wants. One hangup might be that any new team that has already seeked a trade for Palmer wants him to renegotiate his contract, and he won't. I just think there is something there to him not filing retirement papers yet.

Just food for thought...have you wondered why Palmer hasn't filed his retirement papers? Maybe when he came to Cincinnati in July he made a handshake agreement with Mike Brown that when the price was right, i.e. when a good team loses their starting QB to injury and needs a good QB to come in and salvage their season, that the Bengals will trade Palmer. That way the Bengals win and Palmer gets what he wants. One hangup might be that any new team that has already seeked a trade for Palmer wants him to renegotiate his contract, and he won't. I just think there is something there to him not filing retirement papers yet.

I think you're guilty of overthinking it. He hasn't filed for retirement yet, IMO, simply because he doesn't have to. There's no benefit to it at this point and he can always do it whenever he wants. I think players in the first year of their retirement (and Palmer's "retirement" has to be considered to have an asterisk by it) commonly wait a while to do it for the above reason. Just think, if Kerry Collins had filed his retirement papers when he announced it, he wouldn't be getting blindsided by 300 pounders today.

I think you're guilty of overthinking it. He hasn't filed for retirement yet, IMO, simply because he doesn't have to. There's no benefit to it at this point and he can always do it whenever he wants. I think players in the first year of their retirement (and Palmer's "retirement" has to be considered to have an asterisk by it) commonly wait a while to do it for the above reason. Just think, if Kerry Collins had filed his retirement papers when he announced it, he wouldn't be getting blindsided by 300 pounders today.

I bet Kerry Collins wishes he had filed those papers!

I just think there is something there to him not filing retirement papers yet.

Of course there's something to it. Palmer is attempting to force his way off of the Bengals, not retire outright. So there's no incentive for Palmer to actually file his retirement papers before the trade deadlne passes.

And I'm guessing he won't do it afterwards, either.

Right now Palmer is probably sitting at home with his pants dropped to his ankles while he furiously fantasizes about the series of imaginary moves that will result in him being named the new starting QB of the Indianapolis Colts.

Or for that matter, the Sacramento Lions.

If you're looking for a story, try this one. Nobody around the NFL seems to give a s**t about Carson Palmer. Sure, his name pops up from time to time, but for a player of his so-called status there's been precious little mention of Carson Palmer these days. In fact, the only time I heard his name kicked around during opening week was when Bill Parcell's popped off about how Mike Brown was doing the right thing.

Beyond that, nothing.

To be fair, Carson Palmer hasn't become the forgotten man yet. But it's coming. And quicker than most of us would have guessed. Best, when Palmer's name does resurface next season, and it will, the circumstances will be exactly the same as they are now with a few notable exceptions. Amongst them, few will continue to write about the leverage Carson Palmer supposedly has.

I read today in my local newspapers sports section by a writer named Bob Matthews, that the Colts are trying to get CPalmer and if they can't get him the are going after DGarrard former Jaguars QB, anybody here anything about this...

If it's true, I doubt it'll amount to anything. Even if Mikey finds himself willing to trade Palmer to the Colts, he'll want to wait until after the Bengals have already played them. They'll have found an alternative solution by then.

Why wait, it means a sure pick six during the game if he is playing against the Bengals?

If it's true, I doubt it'll amount to anything. Even if Mikey finds himself willing to trade Palmer to the Colts, he'll want to wait until after the Bengals have already played them. They'll have found an alternative solution by then.

Why wait, it means a sure pick six during the game if he is playing against the Bengals?

The game is at Paul Brown stadium - Palmer said he would never step foot there again.

Palmer is a man of his word.

Rip on Palmer all you want, but in Indy's offense, he goes for like 4,500 yds and 40TD's...........This ain't the Bob Bratkowski show............Hell, he could probably put up those numbers under Gruden too.......

If you don't like Palmer because of what he did, fine, but don't pretend like the dude isn't one helluva QB

Yea a helluva QB who lost it after the 2005 playoff game. Who knows how good he would be if he never got hurt, but he was never the same. He is not that great, he is not horrible, but he is also not a superstar. He was best suited for what the team did in 09, when they asked him to throw the ball all the time, he showed he didnt know how to read defenses anymore, since he would throw pick 6, or force the ball to recievers that were not open. You can blame Brat all you want, you can blame Chad and TO all you want, but in the end its Palmer throwing the ball, and nobody was asking him to force the ball into triple coverage, throw the ball out of bounds and live to see another down!!! He was once a great QB, now i think he can be an average QB for someone.

Here is my question. I think this was brought up when Barry Sanders retired years ago. When an NFL player retires that was still under contract with a team, he remains under the rights of the team he had the contract with, but would have to negotiate a new contract? Also the team has the rights of the player until the year when the contract would have actually ended?

Like I said, I don't know for sure whether this is in fact true or not, but this would bring light as to why Carson has yet to file his retirement paperwork. If he doesn't retire and the Bengals trade him, the new team will be on the hook for the 9 year extension contract Palmer signed with the Bengals, unless the new team can re-negotiate a new one. Well with as much money as Palmer has owed on his contract, why would he do that?

Now if Palmer retired, and his contract was negated, a team like the Colts would be more than happy to trade for him, because they could set the parameters of their own contract, which would be a 1-2 year contract given that the already have Manning and don't need to pay for 2 starting QBs.

I tried to look this up on the internet and could not find the rules.