Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

Teams will trade for Carson. He is still in the top half of QB's in the league.IMO

Let him retire if no beneficial trade emerges. No way I cut him. We have Dan lefevre as his the backup. (If we cut, No way his brother stays)

This all makes me sick.

I have a 1% chance of renewing my season tix now. Too much for too little. Ill be able to go to games next year for $20 a ticket.

We'll be better off without Palmer. He's a glass house with a paper arm and a knee that's sticking together by a thread... He's done. Pitsburgh ruined us with that ONE cheap shot. Palmer hasn't been the same since. They knew Palmer had to go and Cowher put a hit out on him.... Too bad our coaches don't have the f**king BALLS that Cowher had.

With his contract (can't remember what he's due to make, but it's a lot), I don't know that he has trade value.

Yeah, the money is a problem. Carson is due $11 million in 2011, and is owed a total of $50 million from 2011 to 2014. No way any team swallows that. A new deal would have to be worked out prior to any trade.

In order to digest, I did not post yesterday. Today, however...

I was one that said Carson needed to go. Of course, that was in the atmosphere where OchoVagino and TO, coupled with Brat and the oline problems existed. That said, since I don't see anything changing but TO leaving (we think), my opinion is the same. He needs to go. He made many mistakes last year, many of which were probably caused by the atmosphere, but not all. Both sides need a fresh start and yes, I'll always root for Carson the player.

Now, if that does occur, and I don't think it does...the Bengals need a complete rebuilding if it's to be done right. That means Fredo walks his clown shoes out the door and I don't care if they trade him for my infamous ham sandwich. Benson also needs to go. He's a great running back, but he's been tainted by the same atmosphere. He spends another 1-2 years here and it'll be Dillon redux.

There are good young players on this offense. Gresham will develop. Shipley will develop. Simpson and the other guy showed some promise. I love Leonard and we've never really seen what Scott can do. So...in sum...

Pick up a vet QB to limp us through another 'rebuilding' season. Try to get Luck next year. Make oline a priority in the draft. Maybe a mid-round receiver to hopefully develop into a sleeper. A second or third round running back to back up Scott. All can be positive.

However, if Brat comes back, or if Chilly comes to town, I think it's same ole same ole in many respects.

Oh, and unfortunately, these developments make it virtually impossible to focus on the needs on defense, so the rebuilding will take a while. But, since we are hoping on getting Luck next year, it doesn't really matter. Let it tank, but work on developing your offensive pieces for the NEXT season.

Or do what I do...start praying for that lock out!

You can't really plan on somehow getting the concensus #1 pick in any given year. That strategy is silly. Too many variables out of our control. With our schedule, I'd find it very unlikely that we'll have the worst record. Chances are the team with the #1 overall pick will want Luck and won't trade the pick for anything

You can't really plan on somehow getting the concensus #1 pick in any given year. That strategy is silly. Too many variables out of our control. With our schedule, I'd find it very unlikely that we'll have the worst record. Chances are the team with the #1 overall pick will want Luck and won't trade the pick for anything

If Palmer is gone, I believe you grossly underestimate this team's ability to have the worst record. You run a great chance at going 0-6 just within the division. Granted I believe we play the NFC West next season, but I still have faith in the Bengals' ability to lose games they shouldn't.

We were 4-12 this season with what was on paper supposed to be one of the best Bengals' teams of the 2000s--we can do it.

:sure:

If Palmer is gone, I believe you grossly underestimate this team's ability to have the worst record. You run a great chance at going 0-6 just within the division. Granted I believe we play the NFC West next season, but I still have faith in the Bengals' ability to lose games they shouldn't.

We were 4-12 this season with what was on paper supposed to be one of the best Bengals' teams of the 2000s--we can do it.

And then we draft Luck and ruin his career?

Don't forget that Palmer was just as highly touted, or even more so, as Luck.

I love what Palmer is doing here. To me this isn't about finding a new QB, this is about sticking it to the worst owner in the NFL.

Reedy just put up a series of tweets -- apparently he got answers straight from the top: Mike Brown himself.

Per Joe, Mikey said:

• Carson met with the Bengals last week about a trade.
  • Brown has no intention of trading Carson.
  • Brad Childress is "not coming here."

Wow x3.

Looks like we are going to need extra-large buckets of popcorn this offseason...

And then we draft Luck and ruin his career?

Well somebody has to quarterback this wreck. Make him a multimillionaire like Palmer and let him cry all the way to the bank.

So this becomes a game of chicken...will Palmer actually retire? My gut tells me no. I'm sure he can afford to, seems to be the type of guy that would save his money wisely (read 'Not OchoDroppo). But, he's a football player, and a quarterback to boot. He'll play as long as his body allows him. Saying that...

If he did retire, it would make sense Brown not even attempting to get something of value for him = par for the course.

Also, if he doesn't, yeah, we will continue to solidify our reputation as the dysfunctional bastard child of the NFL.

So again, in sum...

Sucks to be a Bengal fan.

So this becomes a game of chicken...will Palmer actually retire?

I think we're screwed either way. Either Palmer retires, leaving us with nothing at QB, or we have a disgruntled QB behind center, a situation that can't possibly end well.

So again, in sum...

Sucks to be a Bengal fan.

Ain't that the truth, brother. Ain't that the truth.

On a positive note, SoP did have the following to say about Carson:

"He's good people," Brown said. "He didn't finger anyone or anything."

So we got that going for us...Carson's no Roethlisberger.

*disclaimer...the above quote, while reflecting actual words of Mike Brown, may have been edited slightly for time constraints and humor.

Carson is really pulling the leverage. Essentially he is retiring, barring a trade.

I guess when I mentioned him listing his house for sale it meant something.

Still conflicted over this. I think the overarching point is that no material changes were being made and Carson had enough. his "No Comment" when ML was re-signed should have been a clue.

What a downer.

Not his style, I don't think. If you're waiting for something from the horse's mouth (or his ass), then you'll be waiting until his press conference with his new team.

I dont think having this rumor started is his style either, nor is his silence in the face of it.

I'm gonna sit tight and wait

Like I said, I know there is plenty of evidence that makes it very believable, but I think at some point Carson himself will speak to the matter.

Not his style, I don't think. If you're waiting for something from the horse's mouth (or his ass), then you'll be waiting until his press conference with his new team.

I dont think having this rumor started is his style either, nor is his silence in the face of it.

Like I said, I know there is plenty of evidence that makes it very believable, but I think at some point Carson himself will speak to the matter.

What are you waiting for? SoP has confirmed the part about requesting a trade. Is it the retirement angle that has you in The Nile? I can't see Mort being wrong on that part with the confirmation about the first. But as you said, we'll see.

If the answer were 'no', I think he'd have denied it immediately.

As to the rumor getting leaked - well, that's what agents are for.

Just about at "last straw" point with this team. My ability to cope with and rationalize the dysfunction is at the breaking point.

Yeah - I am at a loss. At least we have...ummm....ummm. I mean we can still be excited about..... our 42 year old cheerleader?

Admit it...you'd do her.

:bag:

All of our cheerleaders are hot. They all just are 'off' by a tad. Nose over here a bit. Eyes just a little off-center. But their bodies are all mint.