Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

Oh hell no. McNabb's not a leader, he's a choker, he's a diva, and frankly he's not that good. It's not like they have any hope of not sucking next year anyway. Bring in somebody who's willing to keep the seat warm.

Hell, if the Donks decide they want to get stupid, go grab Kyle Orton.

One thing, though - if this happens, you have to re-evaluate the decision to keep Brat. If one of the major issues was continuity next year given the CBA, well, that's out the window anyway. Of course, perhaps Palmer doesn't even ask to leave if Brat is let go.

Which may be the actual issue. One might wonder if this is Carson's attempt at a power play. If it is, he should know from past history that Mikey is stubborn to the point of stupidity. It probably won't work.

I would like to know Carson's reasons for going. Is it Mike Brown? Marvin? Brat?

I wonder if it was Brat. I find it curious that this is just coming out hours after Norm Chow was named Utah's OC. Might Carson had held out hope that Chow would replace Brat?

The press here locally really missed this story. They quietly reported that Carson left Cincinnati on a "no comment" the day of Marvin and MB's presser and nothing since. Now we hear it from ESPN. Where have Reedy and Hobson been on this story?

Either Trade him or he retires. Carson has a lot of leverage here. It is win-win for him.

Wouldn't he have some bonus money to pay back? Seemed to me he had a massive signing bonus and athletes begrudgingly separate from their bonus money.

Oh hell no. McNabb's not a leader, he's a choker, he's a diva, and frankly he's not that good. It's not like they have any hope of not sucking next year anyway. Bring in somebody who's willing to keep the seat warm.

One thing, though - if this happens, you have to re-evaluate the decision to keep Brat. If one of the major issues was continuity next year given the CBA, well, that's out the window anyway. Of course, perhaps Palmer doesn't even ask to leave if Brat is let go.

Which may be the actual issue. One might wonder if this is Carson's attempt at a power play. If it is, he should know from past history that Mikey is stubborn to the point of stupidity. It probably won't work.

I would like to know Carson's reasons for going. Is it Mike Brown? Marvin? Brat?

I wonder if it was Brat. I find it curious that this is just coming out hours after Norm Chow was named Utah's OC. Might Carson had held out hope that Chow would replace Brat?

The press here locally really missed this story. They quietly reported that Carson left Cincinnati on a "no comment" the day of Marvin and MB's presser and nothing since. Now we hear it from ESPN. Where have Reedy and Hobson been on this story?

I'm not sure if they just missed it, kept it quiet or if it's something that just leaked from Palmer's camp in the last day or so.

From the dotcom........of course Chad had to open his big mouth. I'm not sure he ever won the fans back.

http://www.bengals.c...fd-c583474d01a5

MOBILE, Ala. _ Nice Senior Bowl greeting.

Shortly after touching down here Sunday afternoon the Bengals were made aware of Chris Mortensen's report on ESPN that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer wants to be traded, or he'll contemplate retirement.

Texts and calls to Palmer weren't returned and the Bengals had no comment.

But the last time Bengals president Mike Brown was faced with a similar ultimatum, he refused to trade wide receiver Chad Ochocinco in 2008. Palmer, 31, has four years left on the $97 million extension he signed at the end of the 2005 season that gave him the league's richest contract and the Bengals have virtually no experience behind him with brother Jordan Palmer the backup and rookie Den LeFevour No. 3.

Left tackle Andrew Whitworth said he wouldn't comment until he heard Palmer talk about the subject directly.

The Ocho weighed in with this tweet: "Carson Palmer demands a trade? Last person demanded a trade in Cincy was crucified by the media n had to win the fans back. how will this go?"

Newtown will not make it past the 10th pick i bet!!

If they want to draft a QB in later rds look at Pat Devlin from delaware.

This is what happens though when you refuse to make any changes within your franchise. Palmer wanted changes after 2008, and nothing was done, but a new playbook. Palmer i guess just has had enough, and i dont blame him the bengals are worthless.

I'm not sure if they just missed it, kept it quiet or if it's something that just leaked from Palmer's camp in the last day or so.

From the dotcom........of course Chad had to open his big mouth. I'm not sure he ever won the fans back.

http://www.bengals.c...fd-c583474d01a5

MOBILE, Ala. _ Nice Senior Bowl greeting.

Shortly after touching down here Sunday afternoon the Bengals were made aware of Chris Mortensen's report on ESPN that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer wants to be traded, or he'll contemplate retirement.

Texts and calls to Palmer weren't returned and the Bengals had no comment.

But the last time Bengals president Mike Brown was faced with a similar ultimatum, he refused to trade wide receiver Chad Ochocinco in 2008. Palmer, 31, has four years left on the $97 million extension he signed at the end of the 2005 season that gave him the league's richest contract and the Bengals have virtually no experience behind him with brother Jordan Palmer the backup and rookie Den LeFevour No. 3.

Left tackle Andrew Whitworth said he wouldn't comment until he heard Palmer talk about the subject directly.

The Ocho weighed in with this tweet: "Carson Palmer demands a trade? Last person demanded a trade in Cincy was crucified by the media n had to win the fans back. how will this go?"

Who cares what Chad says, hes the biggest loser on this team. He is so much of the reason i cant stand this team anymore!!!!! Time to rebuild this whole team, and we can expect losing seasons for many years to come.

I bet Marvin really regrets coming back now, its been such a mess so far, and its only January!!!

So Inc Cam Newton or maybe Jake locker in rnd 2? ><

Personally I doubt the Heisman winner makes it out of the 1st round.

My bad I meant Cam Newton with first selection if not Jake Locker with the 2nd...

I dont blame Carson at all, this team is a joke and always will be until they learn how to run a team. Carson stuck in there and tried to change this team,

Agreed I think he can be as a good QB for another team but with our Staff Our Owner I just think best to move on...

PS,I don't mind ideA of bringing in a vet QB then targeting luck next year how about we trade for Jimmy Clausen to help us out ;)

Remember in 2008 when Carson said this?...

Asked if he thought the same coaching staff could turn it from being stale, Palmer said, “I don’t think so,” but he also said he doesn’t know if Lewis will make those changes.

“We need a lot of changes,” said Palmer, who did respond to a question about discipline, a subject he has often discussed.

“When you look at the most successful teams in this league, they’re very disciplined,” Palmer said. “And we’re obviously not one of the most successful teams. I don’t think we’re the most disciplined team and that’s definitely an area we need to improve on.”

Sure sounds like he's irritated with Bratkowski. I agree with him. It's a lack of discipline that hurts this offense more than anything else

Asked if he thought the same coaching staff could turn it from being stale, Palmer said, “I don’t think so,” but he also said he doesn’t know if Lewis will make those changes.

“We need a lot of changes,” said Palmer, who did respond to a question about discipline, a subject he has often discussed.

“When you look at the most successful teams in this league, they’re very disciplined,” Palmer said. “And we’re obviously not one of the most successful teams. I don’t think we’re the most disciplined team and that’s definitely an area we need to improve on.”

Sure sounds like he's irritated with Bratkowski. I agree with him. It's a lack of discipline that hurts this offense more than anything else

Yup and we have Bratowski for atleast 20 more years.

Remember as long as there's no CBA, there's no trading Carson even for draft picks. No players can be traded for now so the bengals cannot accomodate him even if they want to

Yup and we have Bratowski for atleast 20 more years.

Lets say Mike gives in to Marvin and gives him control to changes on the offense and gets a new OC and new coaches, would Carson change his statement??? You have to wonder how much this has to do because of nothing changing?? Marvin sure wants him back, so you have to wonder how much Marvin will actully fly out to his house to beg him to stay lol lol

Remember as long as there's no CBA, there's no trading Carson even for draft picks. No players can be traded for now so the bengals cannot accomodate him even if they want to

I remembered just having faith new cba will get done...If not :> Target teams that you think will finish low next year?

49ers want Carson give us next years 1st...Well we are at it I'd say also trade 2nd rounder for future 1st :P increase our chances of getting luck heh...that's if we don't end up with Newton,Locker or Gabbert this year.

We're all assuming that it's all football related. Parenthood has a way of changing priorities for a person. With both of their families on the West Coast, I wonder how much that has to do with it. I'm sure they are looking ahead at schooling for the other two kids as well.

He has the money, etc. to walk away. Must be nice.

All a part of the master plan by "Genius" Mike Brown. Step # 1, Leak a false report to the media regarding Carson wanting a trade. Step # 2, Scare some sucker drafting behind you to trade up for the # 4 pick to land the best QB in the draft (Most likely Newton after the Combine)) and leapfrog Arizona, 49ers, or Tennessee, and pick up additional picks in the process. The fear that Cincy takes a QB at # 4 is now legit with the leaking of that false story. Some team IS BOUND to fall in love with Cam Newton after the combine. Mike Brown will manipulate the other clubs like only he can, because as we all know....He's a Genius !!!

Yes, I am joking, but honestly, if what I said above was true, NOBODY in the NFL would expect Brown to be that clever, so they would definitely fall for it !!!

All a part of the master plan by "Genius" Mike Brown. Step # 1, Leak a false report to the media regarding Carson wanting a trade. Step # 2, Scare some sucker drafting behind you to trade up for the # 4 pick to land the best QB in the draft (Most likely Newton after the Combine)) and leapfrog Arizona, 49ers, or Tennessee, and pick up additional picks in the process. The fear that Cincy takes a QB at # 4 is now legit with the leaking of that false story. Some team IS BOUND to fall in love with Cam Newton after the combine. Mike Brown will manipulate the other clubs like only he can, because as we all know....He's a Genius !!!

Yes, I am joking, but honestly, if what I said above was true, NOBODY in the NFL would expect Brown to be that clever, so they would definitely fall for it !!!

Wouldn't that set up the bills or Broncos for trading down?Since the Cardinals,Titans & 49ers would want to jump us???Plus anyways with Mike Brown as GM we would be taking Mitch Mustain with the 4th pick so I think the Cardinals & Co would feel pretty safe.

I say this and I know Carson cant handle it.

Booooooooooooo!!!

p***y

Bottom line - If he is demanding a trade - Screw him. And he should be crucified by the fans of the Bengals. High first and a second or 2 low 1st rd picks. Or retire......

Another slap in the face of the fans. Again - If its true - F*** you Carson!!!!

They will bring in Childress and they will go out and get Donovan.......good lord :lmao:

Ill take in Donovan. Hes a good tutor for newton

Carson isnt a leader either.

#2. Do you really think those pampered asses at the academy represent the big picture of the Army ?? Ok...

The Army Enlisted have perfected that line since they have been losing, plus its funny you call the Officers in the Army pampered but feel sorry for Millionaire boy Carson in the same breath.

#3. Yes, I feel sorry for the person who has actually been there all along while being forced to deal with the likes of Chad and his bullsh*t. I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with Mike Brown and this organization as a player (yes Chad as well).

You are Retired Army and you feel sorry for a millionaire playing a kids games making a King's ransom. He's one of the problems.

#4. Chad handled the situation far differently and bashed the fans along the way, but he's right on point ??

I missed him bashing the fans, to me Carson is turning his back on the fans so it's one in the same.

Yes, Carson's next team will immediately be my #2 team. The thing I question is, without a CBA, all the talk of demanding trades is kind of pointless. It simply can't happen no matter how much he threatens retirement.

I only cheer for one team and my next favorite teams are the ones that are currently playing the Ravens,Browns, or Steelers that week and if they are playing each other I root for the one with the worst record. I would only cheer for a Bengals player if they traded him without him requesting it, not someone demanding to leave my team. People are quick to talk all this Bratkowski stuff maybe it's Marvin that he wants gone.

I'd take jake locker in a heartbeat,. If he is there in the 2nd round,.. TAKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He hadNO weapons in washington. Give him some weapons on offense and maybe some better oline play and he'll be a very good player for us