Bengals staff @ Senior Bowl-merged

jjakq27

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been hearing that Zampese called the 2nd half of the game. Reedy did report that they were going to let Zampese call plays today, so maybe he called the 2nd half.

Which was when you saw improvement on Locker...So...Fire Brat hire zampese it's a start Though I do feel feel we should clean house on offensive Coaching staff we know its not going happen so atleast give us a sacrificial sheep named bob.

Reedy's comments about the Senior Bowl
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/30/senior-bowl-thoughts/

• Kentucky RB Derrick Locke had a solid week. With his speed and versatility as a returner, someone is going to take a chance on him. It will be interesting to see if he has one of the top times at the combine.
  • Miami WR Leonard Hankerson, who was named the game’s MVP, established himself as the top senior wideout in the draft. However there are at least three underclassmen ahead of him at the position.
  • Tennessee TE Luke Stocker had a great week for the South, and had a couple great catches on Tuesday. He had such a good week that he might be challenging Notre Dame TE and Elder grad Kyle Rudolph for the top spot at the position.
  • I was impressed talking with Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi. He didn’t play in Saturday’s game due to ankle injury but did show some versatility playing both tackle spots and some guard. He was able to quickly pick up on things.
  • Names from the North to keep in mind — San Diego St. WR Vincent Brown (not a speed burner but great hands and excels in catching it in traffic), Boise St. WR Titus Young (great speed breaking off the ball and got more consistent catching as the week went along), Slippery Rock C Brandon Fusco (good athleticism and quickness getting off the ball), Purdue DL Ryan Kerrigan (might be better as a linebacker though in the NFL), Virginia Tech CB Rashad Carmichael (not the best in terms of speed but he makes plays).
  • Best week from the North — Cal DL Cameron Jordan, who dominated linemen and has great hands as he pushes offensive linemen into the backfield.
  • Worst week from the North — Washington QB Jake Locker, who looks uncomfortable in the pocket and is better making plays on the run. Very inconsistent.
  • Player from the North who was a surprise — Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick. For a quarterback coming from a spread offense and who we thought might have problems adjusting to an NFL system, Kaepernick adjusted well. Great speed on the ball and put it in positions where his receivers can make plays.
  • Players who impressed from the South — Texas A&M LB Von Miller and Alabama QB Greg McElroy. Miller could be a Top 10 pick while McElroy might have been the most consistent of the six quarterbacks in Mobile.

Im still very high on Von Miller he is going to be a game changer on defense. Im sure he will be there when the Bengals pick question is would they pick him this high. I wouldnt mind if they did after seeing him, and his vision on the field yesterday was awsome.

Cam Jordan looked great all week, im sure he will go late first round or early second

Locker lost alot of stock in this game he looked bad

Im still very high on Von Miller he is going to be a game changer on defense. Im sure he will be there when the Bengals pick question is would they pick him this high. I wouldnt mind if they did after seeing him, and his vision on the field yesterday was awsome.

Cam Jordan looked great all week, im sure he will go late first round or early second

I doubt they would take him only because they have Rivers and Rey already. Expending another high pick at that position group probably won't happen. However, the thing this team sorely lacks on defense is playmakers. I'd like to see D-Line, O-Line or Safety addressed first but if they are convinced that he will dominate then it would be worth it. And again if he's the real deal then I don't subscribe to all of the "value pick", "reaching" stuff that gets talked about. Go get a game-changer.

I doubt they would take him only because they have Rivers and Rey already. Expending another high pick at that position group probably won't happen. However, the thing this team sorely lacks on defense is playmakers. I'd like to see D-Line, O-Line or Safety addressed first but if they are convinced that he will dominate then it would be worth it. And again if he's the real deal then I don't subscribe to all of the "value pick", "reaching" stuff that gets talked about. Go get a game-changer.

Well there is no saftey good enough worthy of the 4th spot. As far as D-line Bowers might be there, only thing with him is he had 1 good year, but is was an awsome year.

If they plan on not taking Bowers, or Green then i hope they get Peterson, or they trade back and get more draft picks

Well there is no saftey good enough worthy of the 4th spot. As far as D-line Bowers might be there, only thing with him is he had 1 good year, but is was an awsome year.

If they plan on not taking Bowers, or Green then i hope they get Peterson, or they trade back and get more draft picks

Peterson may not play Safety now but doesn't mean he won't at the NFL level and at 215-220+ Lb's I'd say theres a good chance.