Chad Watch

membengal

From John Thornton......

http://www.allproblo...ould-play-nice/

The Bengals have WR Chad OchoCinco under contract for another year. Marvin Lewis and Chad have traded punches through the media recently. Chad tried to force his way out of Cincy a few years back and the Bengals turned down draft picks, kept him, and made him honor his contract. It's sounds like the Bengals are doing that again. I think that's the wrong move. The Bengals now have good young WRs that can ease the pain of losing Chad, and they have the #4 pick in the draft. They also will have the #4 pick in the 2nd round, so they can make sure they get a really good WR in this years class. Chad can still play and may be more productive elsewhere. The Bengals still may be able to get a draft pick out of Chad if he were traded, but public disputes will hurt any trade value. And with Marvin's recent statement about making Carson the top dog on offense next year, teams will assume Chad will be released. Marvin and Chad have always had a good relationship, but for business purposes, they should make up. With Hue Jackson in Oakland, and Chad's tweets about the Patriots, things could work out for both sides this offseason.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, really Thornton ??

That's some insightful sh*t right there.

There's also a rumor going around that ice melts when you heat it up...

Actually, you guys are giving Thornton more credit than he deserves. I'll give you guys a break since you're just fans but he's supposedly making his living explaining NFL football and he doesn't even know how the draft works. The NFL "cycles" draft picks from round to round amongst teams with the same record. Wiki explains it this way:

Once the order for the first round is determined, generally speaking and barring other arrangments, the selection order remains the same for subsequent rounds. However, teams with the same record within the same status group "cycle" picks in each subsequent round. For example, in the 2008 draft, Arizona, Minnesota, Houston, and Philadelphia all finished 8-8, and picked in that order in the first round. In the second round, the order became Minnesota, Houston, Philadelphia, and Arizona. That cycling continues through all seven rounds.

So this means the Bengals will be picking #3 in the 2nd round and #2 in the third round.

Shut the F up John Thornton and go learn the game of football!

Funny how I predicted early in the season that Ocho would love to be, and most likely will be, a Patriot next season. Brady needs some good hands. Ocho would be a great fit in N.E.

Are you guys getting the hints?

You're fuggin nuts. Yes, Chad wants to be a Patriot, from his obvious man-crush on Belichick. No, he won't be in NE because there's no way in hell they sign him.

Why?

Well, first there's the fact that he's a me-first head case. Second, he doesnt' have good hands, he drops a ton of balls. Third, he's slow now. They've got too many slow guys catching underneath routes already, they need somebody who can stretch the field. That was Chad 5 years ago maybe, not now for sure.

In short, Chad's a terrible fit for NE.

Funny how I predicted early in the season that Ocho would love to be, and most likely will be, a Patriot next season. Brady needs some good hands. Ocho would be a great fit in N.E.

Are you guys getting the hints?

You're fuggin nuts. Yes, Chad wants to be a Patriot, from his obvious man-crush on Belichick. No, he won't be in NE because there's no way in hell they sign him.

Why?

Well, first there's the fact that he's a me-first head case. Second, he doesnt' have good hands, he drops a ton of balls. Third, he's slow now. They've got too many slow guys catching underneath routes already, they need somebody who can stretch the field. That was Chad 5 years ago maybe, not now for sure.

In short, Chad's a terrible fit for NE.

You left out that he's afraid to take a hit and his yard after catch totals are crap.

Something needs to get done fast with trading chad, he and Marvin are going back and forth bad!!!!!

Marvin bashed him again at the senior bowl

Chad says he wants to play for a coach like Rex Ryan

Its getting bad something needs to be done fast trade him out of here

No new CBA = No trades. I know Hobs keeps saying they can happen but every other site I read says no.

Something needs to get done fast with trading chad, he and Marvin are going back and forth bad!!!!!

No new CBA = No trades. I know Hobs keeps saying they can happen but every other site I read says no.

Oh i understand that, but wow its getting bad between them two. Now Chad says he wants Marvin in a steal cage match LOL LOL what a joke. He has to go weather its a trade or cut, because Marvin and Chad can not work toghter anymore......its over

Oh i understand that, but wow its getting bad between them two. Now Chad says he wants Marvin in a steal cage match LOL LOL what a joke. He has to go weather its a trade or cut, because Marvin and Chad can not work together anymore......its over

According to one of the talking heads this morning the only thing possible once the CBA expires is trading draft picks for draft picks. According to this link it expires in March, but I'm not sure of a specific date.
/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/20/cba.qa/index.html

As for Chad and Marvin, please stop. It hasn't been a good start to the offseason, so just STFU.

I think the CBA goes poof on the 4th with free agency/trades etc. normally starting on the 5th (it might be the 3rd/4th). But as far as I know the trading deadline expired last October and the next period wouldn't start until FA opened, which it wont w/o a new CBA. However, if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Edited to add: NFL 2010 calender: http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/2010-nfl-season-key-dates/

March 5 2010 — Veteran free agency signing and trading periods begin

October 19 2010 — NFL Trade Deadline @ 4 PM EST

Can't imagine it's different this year...

Oh i understand that, but wow its getting bad between them two. Now Chad says he wants Marvin in a steal cage match LOL LOL what a joke. He has to go weather its a trade or cut, because Marvin and Chad can not work together anymore......its over

According to one of the talking heads this morning the only thing possible once the CBA expires is trading draft picks for draft picks. According to this link it expires in March, but I'm not sure of a specific date.
/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/20/cba.qa/index.html

As for Chad and Marvin, please stop. It hasn't been a good start to the offseason, so just STFU.

Is it me or is the franchise so childish!!!!!! Marvin needs to take control of himself and shut up, this is why Marvin should not be here, he can not handle players like this. Marvin is acting like a little kid, he should answer comments as "no comment", im really getting tired of Marvin and this mess.

Once again is Marvin even the right coach for this team, he cant handle his own players!!! As much as i hate Chad, you just have to ignore him, but i guess Marvin cant

Is it me or is the franchise so childish!!!!!! Marvin needs to take control of himself and shut up, this is why Marvin should not be here, he can not handle players like this. Marvin is acting like a little kid, he should answer comments as "no comment", im really getting tired of Marvin and this mess.

Once again is Marvin even the right coach for this team, he cant handle his own players!!! As much as i hate Chad, you just have to ignore him, but i guess Marvin cant

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/25/the-never-ending-ocho-drama/

When it came to the topic of the Patriots and Belichick, Ochocinco fired another shot at his receiver. When Ian Rappoport of the Boston Herald asked Lewis of Ochocinco’s tweets about playing for Belichick, Lewis replied after the North’s practice at the Senior Bowl on Monday: “Bill Belichick’s smarter than that.”

I wouldn't blame Marvin. This reporter at the Senior Bowl chased him around, sticking a microphone in his face until Marvin commented.

I think the CBA goes poof on the 4th with free agency/trades etc. normally starting on the 5th (it might be the 3rd/4th). But as far as I know the trading deadline expired last October and the next period wouldn't start until FA opened, which it wont w/o a new CBA. However, if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Edited to add: NFL 2010 calender: http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/2010-nfl-season-key-dates/

March 5 2010 — Veteran free agency signing and trading periods begin

October 19 2010 — NFL Trade Deadline @ 4 PM EST

Can't imagine it's different this year...

That makes sense. The 2010 trading deadline ended mid season and the next one won't open until the new CBA expires thus no trades can be done until the new CBA. I assume they can trade draft picks but I'm not even 100% sure of that

I wouldn't blame Marvin. This reporter at the Senior Bowl chased him around, sticking a microphone in his face until Marvin commented.

and chad (and t.o) just cant keep his mouth shut about.....anything? They've got the perfect soap box for this..their own tv show. ugh.

/>http://www.versus.com/tocho-show/videos/tocho-preview-on-carson-palmers-trade-demand/

All im saying is i wish Marvin would just keep his mouth shut, just say no comment. These two keep going back and forth there is no way he can stay on this team, not when Chad said its time to fight in a steel cage match lol lol. I just hope something happens, and Chad is far gone. I guess im just tired of this, its like they are back in high school

Chad said on NFL Live that he is changing his name back to Johnson.

Well, the jersey number 85 may not be available on what ever team he ends up playing for this fall.

Funny thing is he says he dosnt want to leave Cinci, and hes ready to go. Dosnt know who is QB is, but he is ready to go. Also said he wants to fight Marvin before the season.......good lord this is messed up

Chad said on NFL Live that he is changing his name back to Johnson.....LOL LOL what a joke. He sure talks a big game with his twitter, but when he talks he dosnt say much.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6058409

Good, maybe Carson want will stay now! Did you ever see how pissed Carson looked when he peeled that label off Chad's jersey the first time he did that? This picture doesn't do it justice. He gives it a serious pull. But who knows...maybe it was all part of the stage show.

pl724336.jpg

From Dan Pompei at Rotoworld.....
/>http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-6921.html

After a conversation with Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, I came away thinking Terrell Owens won’t be a Bengal next year, but Chad Ochocinco and Cedric Benson probably will be. Lewis on Benson, whose contract is up: “I’d like to have him back and he wants to be back.” Lewis on Ocho: “I expect him to play for the Bengals because he has a contract. Mike Brown is not going to cut him.”