Chad Watch

membengal

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to say what is Chad's value to this team if he actually returns next season ??

Trade value ?? Yeah, I'll be looking forward to another Otis Hudson draft pick with the 5th we get for him.

I mean, I'm sure no one still thinks Chad will net us much more.

Oh once upon a time though huh ??

I meant to say what is Chad's value to this team if he actually returns next season ??

Trade value ?? Yeah, I'll be looking forward to another Otis Hudson draft pick with the 5th we get for him.

I mean, I'm sure no one still thinks Chad will net us much more.

Oh once upon a time though huh ??

I'll bite.

Right now I'd put Chad's trade value at one 3rd round pick...with playing time and production conditions that could result in the pick being upgraded to a 2nd rounder. (Not joking.)

And no, I don't give a flip about how many sources you can find that have already or soon will project a far lower trade value. They've always been proven wrong in the past and would be again if a trigger was actually pulled, in large measure because interested teams looking for more than a fire sale bargain will be only too happy to look at Chad as damaged goods harmed by the Bengals themselves. Without prompting from anyone they'll make excuses for him and hold the Bengals accountable for his douchebaggery. They'll convince themselves that not only can he still play but easily repairable.

In short, they'll be half-right and totally f**ked....just as the Bengals have been for years.

Hair, I have been one of the ones who has been right there with you when it comes to Chad's trade value and I will concede the thought that you remain correct about it. I've simply lost that thought process after this season. Many lost it seasons before, but i've hung in there hoping and praying. Anything more than a 5th and I will be honestly surprised. No effort, focus other places, dropped balls, no blocking ability, me first attitude. All things considered, if my team gave up more than a 5th for Chad, I'd be pissed.

Here's to hoping you are on the money with this if Chad does in fact get traded.

Here's to hoping you are on the money with this if Chad does in fact get traded.

Let's be clear. I'm not defending him, nor am I predicting he'll be traded. But if it does occur I'm betting the Bengals will net more in return than most expect. Mostly because this team won't trade him for fire sale prices and all it would take is two teams willing to bid for his services to bump his value up to something close to what it would be if he weren't a raging douchebag.

Were it up to me I'd trade him for a bag of hammers.

Let's be clear. I'm not defending him, nor am I predicting he'll be traded. But if it does occur I'm betting the Bengals will net more in return than most expect. Mostly because this team won't trade him for fire sale prices and all it would take is two teams willing to bid for his services to bump his value up to something close to what it would be if he weren't a raging douchebag.

I'll provide the nails.

I certainly hope this turns out to be like the Corey Dillon trade in 2004.

I'll provide the nails.

I certainly hope this turns out to be like the Corey Dillon trade in 2004.

What? He get traded to the Pats and get a Super Bowl ring the next year.

That would be bad. But I do hope we can deal him for some productive picks. Just likes Brat - His time here is done. But just like Brat - Are any of us so sure?

They were able to use the pick in the Dillon trade to get Madieu Williams. They also traded down twice when they got Chris Perry and picked up two or three extra picks and Deltha O'Neill. That draft re-stocked the shelves and help land many players that were on the division championship team in 2005.

As for watching Chad win a championship, I rather doubt that will happen. Dillon had an inner anger that Chad only wishes he had. I can see Chad diving to the ground in the fetal position to avoid getting hit just short of the goal line as time expires and the Pats lose by 5.

Who was the FA that the Bengals signed at the start of the season and never played for us? He was a WR and I think his name started with a B. Yea, Bengals have great success with FA wideouts!! Can care less if chad is here or not. Don't see much change coming! We won a few games at the end of the season, so we really don't need any improvement or change. Well that's what the Bengals think.

Last time about Hobson and Reedy on the sports show last night.

Hobson was strongly in the line of thought that regardless of what happens, Chad will be gone.

There are other CBA issues that need to be resolved, but one way or another, he felt going with the other guys is the way to go.

Even so, the Bengals may not have much choice depending on how the CBA talks go. If a deal is reached with enough time, there will probably be a shortened free agency period. But if things drag out into late summer or into the regular season before getting resolved, there won't be time. In that case, one proposal is simply that all FAs remain with the team that they played for last season on a one-year deal that gives a certain % raise vs. what they made last year.

And all the signals the Bengals are sending off indicate, at least to me, that they aren't expecting a resolution any time soon. So if they think they are going to have Chad on the roster they may as well act like it's their idea and that they want him there, even if they don't.

(It also means that TO could be back too...)

Any word on when or if Chad is going to get his ankle scoped?

Already happened.

Wow and here I figured he would wait until training camp and then consider it after it started bothering him.

Oh yeah, while i'm at it:

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

Cool. He must have gotten scoped when he signed the paperwork for his option for next year. :sure:

And all the signals the Bengals are sending off indicate, at least to me, that they aren't expecting a resolution any time soon. So if they think they are going to have Chad on the roster they may as well act like it's their idea and that they want him there, even if they don't.

(It also means that TO could be back too...)

Brat, Chad, Terrell... knowing this organization I fully expect all of them back.

Chad and T.O. back only equals another season in the toilet.

Seriously, even with what is now being considered an "easier" schedule.

Nothing will change or be resolved.

I seriously would take a season off from bothering with this team.

Possibly -- if they kept them. Remember, there's no trades until there's a new CBA, so while FAs might get assigned, trades might be allowed afterward. Or maybe not, who knows?

Again, if you want change it's clear to me you want the CBA issue solved fast...

Regarding the CBA, since it came up...

I see this labor issue lasting beyond the beginning of Sept. I think the die was cast when the players hired DeMaurice Smith. The guy's a football outsider. He's got no reputation to fall back on, so he has to come in with the tough-guy stance. He's clearly taking the approach of fighting in the courts and cameras rather than the bargaining table. In the end, to build his career he needs to get a "win" - and giving money back to the owners isn't on the table. Problem is, the last CBA was so lopsided that some give-back might be justifiable, but it doesn't matter from a perception standpoint.

So where does that leave the 2011 season? PFT predicts that the players won't budge until they lose checks. That's a likely scenario. The owners are protected by their TV contract which loans them money in the event of a strike/lockout, unless the players successfully overturn it.

So does anybody blink before September? October? I have my doubts.

Looks like I'll need a new hobby next fall. Anybody into basket-weaving?