Chad Watch

membengal

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to go home, but he can't stay here. A place for discussions and links to hopefully chronicle the end of clown shoes.

This could be an even longer process, which pisses me off!!! I cant stand this loser, and i wish he would just get let go right now. Im tired of drama, time to go Ochosucko!

:angry:

From MSM Sports

Bengals already picked up Ocho's option?

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com suggests the team may have already picked up Chad Ochocinco's $6 million club option for 2011.

Coach Marvin Lewis adamantly stated on ESPN's Mike and Mike In the Morning Wednesday that Ochocinco is already under contract for 2011. "There is no option," said Lewis. "No anything like that people keep speaking about. He's just flat under contract."

It wouldn't surprise us one bit if owner Mike Brown simply didn't want to pay the $3.5 million to waive the option. Ochocinco took a public shot at Lewis Wednesday while suggesting that the two can no longer co-exist. The Bengals may place him on the trade block, though it's doubtful they would receive more than a mid-round pick.

Source: Bengals.com

I wouldn't be surprised if they did pick up the option but I could see them trying to trade him this time around. I really think this is addition by subtraction. If Mike (or Marvin) had the pulse of the fan base he would know that there is very little support for Chad any more. I can't see how spending $6M on an aging WR makes any kind of business sense.

Eh...I think it is just pure speculation on everyone's part thanks to Marvin's refusal to ever be clear about anything. Technically, Chad is still under contract, which is pretty much what Marvin said. And will be, up until they cut him. Or don't cut him. But I heard that piece live, and Marvin sure didn't say they had already paid him the roster bonus either.

The twins are angry 'cause the white man is keeping 'em down.

Chad Ochocinco: Racial Discrimination Exists in NFL

By FanHouse Staff

Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens have used their Versus TV show, "The T.Ocho Show," to grab attention with intriguing soundbites all season long.

In the latest episode, Ochocinco and Owens discussed the $50,000 fine Brett Favre got for not cooperating with the Jenn Sterger investigation. Owens commented on the size of the fine compared to Favre's salary, which sent Ochocinco off on a controversial tangent in which he suggested that racial prejudice exists in the NFL.

"Time and time again, I'm always gonna put one of us in the situation," Owens said, "and if it was somebody else, this right here would have been dealt with early on. What more can you get out of Brett Favre? They fined him 50 grand, that's nothing. They just gave him 4 million extra dollars just to come back and play this year. Do you think somebody's gonna give me an extra four million just to come back and play next year?"

Ochocinco responded.

"You know why? You want me to tell you why? You want me to tell you why? Listen, and you better not edit this. You wanna know why they won't give you an extra $4 million to come back and play? 'Cause you're black. Period. Case closed.

"If you wanna be honest, if you wanna be real. The season is over. We can't get in trouble. I will say what I please now."

It's not the first time the subject of race has been brought up by the duo. In an early episode of the show, Owens suggested Ben Roethlisberger got a favorable suspension over his sexual assault allegations because he's white.

The duo underachieved in 2010, and by the end of the season it appeared they both fell out of Marvin Lewis' favor. In 2011, it's entirely possible neither receiver is back with the Bengals.

:angry:

Told ya your head was gonna explode...

Please. I didn't even pick one of the truly angry smilies to show my displeasure. No unable to contain himself exploding smilie. No two guns blasting smilie. No poop. Just your basic garden variety furrowed brow smilie.

Again, I'm used to disappointment. I'm Bengal.

They can cut him at any point prior to game one since nfl contracts are not guaranteed. Patience.

True enough... but if AJ Green is not available in the 1st and a WR that fancies them isn't available on day 1, the the WR depth on this team looks like Simpson, Caldwell, Shipley, and Cosby.

I somehow doubt MB will be willing to go into the regular season with so little experience/depth. All the more reason to hope for AJ Green to fall to #4.

"You wanna know why they won't give you an extra $4 million to come back and play? 'Cause you're black. Period. Case closed."

Malcolm X Ocinco.

Chad's insight into human affairs is astonishing. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a racist conspiracy that makes him play next year for about 1.2 million. If that.

I just saw Chad driving a pick-up on I75 heading south. TO was in the back playing harmonica and eating corn (but not at the same time)

I do think racism exists in the NFL. So does ageism and weightism. I mean - there's a lack of old, fat, Scottish players earning top dollar in the League today!

They can cut him at any point prior to game one since nfl contracts are not guaranteed. Patience.

True enough... but if AJ Green is not available in the 1st and a WR that fancies them isn't available on day 1, the the WR depth on this team looks like Simpson, Caldwell, Shipley, and Cosby.

I somehow doubt MB will be willing to go into the regular season with so little experience/depth. All the more reason to hope for AJ Green to fall to #4.

There'll be 30 some FAs to choose from:

/>http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2011

Todd Jones still hasn't found work. :rolleyes:

My guess is they'll want a veteran but as they showed last yr you can get a guy like Brisco late

Re Chad, possible trades and free agency, it's worth remembering this (via Adam Schefter):

Until there is a new collective bargaining agreement -- which almost no one is expecting for months -- there will be no free agency. Teams will not be allowed to shop for new players, players will not be allowed to sign with new teams and any player movement will be shut down.

Until there is a new agreement, there will be no trades. Washington cannot trade Donovan McNabb or Albert Haynesworth; Denver cannot trade Kyle Orton; no trades of existing contracts will be permitted until a new agreement is signed -- whenever that is.

The latest from NFL.com. As was suspected, it looks like the team picked up Chad's option for 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/n...le=HP_headlines

"There is no option," Lewis, the Bengals' coach, said Wednesday on ESPN Radio. "Not anything like that people keep speaking about. He's just flat under contract."

Ochocinco's contract status became a running subplot during the final weeks of Cincinnati's disappointing 4-12 season. The six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver had a $6 million option for 2011, the final year in an extension that he signed in 2006.

Ochocinco isn't a lock to return, however: All bonuses have been paid out, meaning the Bengals could trade or release the receiver, knowing all the guaranteed money already is gone.

And TO to the Rams?

/>http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_9f0a7f2a-1a9c-11e0-8687-00127992bc8b.html

It started simply this afternoon with a question to soon-to-be free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens via Twitter: “How’d you like to be catching passes from Sam Bradford next season?”

Within minutes the response from Owens came back: “Would love it.”