New Year's Mock Draft

kingwilly

I don't know if the Bengals have any compensatory picks, so I'll roll with 1 per round.

r1/4th Overall - A.J. Green - WR Georgia: Addresses the departures of Ocho and TO, and bolsters the depth of a now weak WR group. Green is one of the best players in the draft and will be a key contributor in 2011 for Carson in whatever "new" offense they create.

r2 - DeAndre McDaniel - SS Clemson: Gibril Wilson, Chris Crocker, Chinedum Ndukwe and Tom Nelson all ended the season on IR. The trade for Reggie Nelson worked out, with Nelson playing better as he got more integrated with the defense but the issues of FA's and health concerns mean safety must be addressed early.

r3 - Daniel Thomas - RB Kansas State: Not knowing what they will do with Cedric means a stud RB should be considered. Thomas is not a breakaway runner but runs with power and is a one-cut interior monster, and has good hands. Combined with Bernard Scott and Cedric Pearman, these 3 could anchor the Bengals running attack for the next 5 years.

r4 - Marcus Gilbert - OT Florida: Played LT in 2010 but can be moved back to natural RT position. Excellent athlete. Adds depth and is insurance for Andre Smith's progress.

r5 - Josh Bynes - ILB Aubrun: Dhani isn't getting any faster. Considering the speed with players like Rivers, Maulaluga and Brandon Johnson and Muckleroy, adding another very good 'Backer makes sense here. Depth, Depth, Depth.

r6 - Tyrod Taylor - QB Virginia Tech: I think it makes sense to add another arm, and consider a player who is more athletic and can make yards with his feet. If Carson is retained, they should look to develop a player who has a strong arm but not burn a high pick to obtain.

r7 - Brandon Fusco - C Slippery Rock: 2010 GENE UPSHAW DIVISION II LINEMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER. nuff said.

I don't know if the Bengals have any compensatory picks, so I'll roll with 1 per round.

r1/4th Overall - A.J. Green - WR Georgia: Addresses the departures of Ocho and TO, and bolsters the depth of a now weak WR group. Green is one of the best players in the draft and will be a key contributor in 2011 for Carson in whatever "new" offense they create.

r2 - DeAndre McDaniel - SS Clemson: Gibril Wilson, Chris Crocker, Chinedum Ndukwe and Tom Nelson all ended the season on IR. The trade for Reggie Nelson worked out, with Nelson playing better as he got more integrated with the defense but the issues of FA's and health concerns mean safety must be addressed early.

r3 - Daniel Thomas - RB Kansas State: Not knowing what they will do with Cedric means a stud RB should be considered. Thomas is not a breakaway runner but runs with power and is a one-cut interior monster, and has good hands. Combined with Bernard Scott and Cedric Pearman, these 3 could anchor the Bengals running attack for the next 5 years.

r4 - Marcus Gilbert - OT Florida: Played LT in 2010 but can be moved back to natural RT position. Excellent athlete. Adds depth and is insurance for Andre Smith's progress.

r5 - Josh Bynes - ILB Aubrun: Dhani isn't getting any faster. Considering the speed with players like Rivers, Maulaluga and Brandon Johnson and Muckleroy, adding another very good 'Backer makes sense here. Depth, Depth, Depth.

r6 - Tyrod Taylor - QB Virginia Tech: I think it makes sense to add another arm, and consider a player who is more athletic and can make yards with his feet. If Carson is retained, they should look to develop a player who has a strong arm but not burn a high pick to obtain.

r7 - Brandon Fusco - C Slippery Rock: 2010 GENE UPSHAW DIVISION II LINEMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER. nuff said.

I would be happy with the positions selected, but some of those players are no-names for me, as of right now.

Boy, I can't stand Tyrod Taylor. Sure he'll make an athletic play here and there, but what else ??

Very little. With LeFevour on the roster, if they want to push Carson, they better take a QB earlier.

Not bashing by any stretch, just more hate on a particular guy...

I love the draft and this time of the season. Granted, I'd rather watch the Bengals in the playoffs, but you get my point.

no. no more Strong Safeties. we have enough big hitters who can't cover. we need at least one natural pass defender at Safety.

No we don't.

Ndukwe is hurt and a FA.

Roy is a FA.

Crocker is really hurt.

Wilson is hurt and a FA.

We don't have didly at safety, strong or free. The good news is that Nelson looks like a keeper, Wade played well and Adam Jons could be ok. Rico Murray was not terrible, so they do have some athletes to cross-train.

no. no more Strong Safeties. we have enough big hitters who can't cover. we need at least one natural pass defender at Safety.

No we don't.

Ndukwe is hurt and a FA.

Roy is a FA.

Crocker is really hurt.

Wilson is hurt and a FA.

We don't have didly at safety, strong or free. The good news is that Nelson looks like a keeper, Wade played well and Adam Jons could be ok. Rico Murray was not terrible, so they do have some athletes to cross-train.

I'd like to see Roy Return(More so instead of Ndukwe) Even if he's not the starter he makes solid depth and still plays special teams...With that being said I'm fine with taking SS or even a FS and moving Crocker to SS...

I like most of the draft I'd like to see a QB earlier who knows maybe Locker in rnd 2? Though not fan of taking a Linebacker Rey should start as MLB next year then either Resign Brandon Johnson for SLB or Start Muckleroy.

I'd like to see Roy Return(More so instead of Ndukwe) Even if he's not the starter he makes solid depth and still plays special teams...With that being said I'm fine with taking SS or even a FS and moving Crocker to SS...

I like most of the draft I'd like to see a QB earlier who knows maybe Locker in rnd 2? Though not fan of taking a Linebacker Rey should start as MLB next year then either Resign Brandon Johnson for SLB or Start Muckleroy.

I think I might adjust this to reflect Luck going back to school. Maybe Peterson is the best to take at 4?

Taking a QB from r2-4 is not a terrible idea. Maybe Kaepernick would be an interesting guy to develop?

As for LBs, if Dhani is not re-signed, then they will need more help. Rey is probably ready, so the middle is solid but if they start playing around with the 3-4, they will need another bigger guy for the MIKE.

All just thoughts. Nothing really clear yet. Maybe Newton falls into r2 and they can steal him... Gabbert is shooting up everywhere. Based on what? FFS.

I think I might adjust this to reflect Luck going back to school. Maybe Peterson is the best to take at 4?

Taking a QB from r2-4 is not a terrible idea. Maybe Kaepernick would be an interesting guy to develop?

As for LBs, if Dhani is not re-signed, then they will need more help. Rey is probably ready, so the middle is solid but if they start playing around with the 3-4, they will need another bigger guy for the MIKE.

All just thoughts. Nothing really clear yet. Maybe Newton falls into r2 and they can steal him... Gabbert is shooting up everywhere. Based on what? FFS.

Well I'd still like to see Brandon Johnson Resigned myself,But your right gonna need more bodys because even with him thats only 4 bodys that I'd see for sure making it.

(Reyrey,BJ,Keith & Muckleroy) Then I'm sute skuta has a chance and then who ever we draft.

PS,We aren't going to have a 6th rounder since we traded for reggie nelson.

Well I'd still like to see Brandon Johnson Resigned myself,But your right gonna need more bodys because even with him thats only 4 bodys that I'd see for sure making it.

(Reyrey,BJ,Keith & Muckleroy) Then I'm sute skuta has a chance and then who ever we draft.

PS,We aren't going to have a 6th rounder since we traded for reggie nelson.

It would be a major error to not bring back Brandon Johnson. Big, fast, rangy...Guy always makes plays. I would have liked to have seen Skuta play more once the season went into the toilet.

UPDATED:

r1/4th Overall - Patrick Peterson - DB LSU: With Joseph a FA, and his health issues a continued ?, this is the smartest value pick.

r2 - Mark Ingram - RB Alabama: No Benson means no running game. This position must be reloaded. Winning the AFC North means running the ball. Start with Ingram and his homerun ability.

r3 - Daniel Thomas - RB Kansas State: Thomas is not a breakaway runner but runs with power and is a one-cut interior monster, and has good hands. Combined with Bernard Scott and Mark Ingram, these 3 could anchor the Bengals running attack for the next 5+ years.

r6 - NO PICK

Not sure how I feel about double Running Back I'd prefer to keep leonard but if we are going to take two running backs atleast one of them should be late.

Combined with Bernard Scott and Cedric Pearman

Cedric Peerman do you mean ingram? since you had him taken the round before? ^_^

Yes. Ingram. Sorry.

Not sure how I feel about double Running Back I'd prefer to keep leonard but if we are going to take two running backs atleast one of them should be late.

Cedric Peerman do you mean ingram? since you had him taken the round before? ^_^

Yes. Ingram. Sorry.

Would really like Ingram in Round 2. The problem is, this being a relatively weak RB class, NO WAY he makes it out of the 1st Rd........

Yes. Ingram. Sorry.

Would really like Ingram in Round 2. The problem is, this being a relatively weak RB class, NO WAY he makes it out of the 1st Rd........

The only chance he gets to r2 is that 2011 is a ridiculous crop of free agent RB's. I say he slips. Too many teams need QB's and lineman.

/>http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/rb.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sorta in order, could be switched up a little

pass rush phenom DE for the other side from Dunlap

mobile, accurate quarterback

polished pass blocking LT (move Whitworth back to his more natural LG spot)

versatile cover S (play both S spots and some dime corner)

bellcow power running back

field stretching WR, must play special teams

pulling OG