CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

Once again Marvin just sounds stupid, you would think during the year, he would have made changes to become more 'balanced". I guess he dosnt watch film at all during the year, to actully see that all the passing just wasnt working. I swear maybe Marvin is just not that good of a coach. This just really pi**es me off, that it takes this long to finally realize that you should have not changed your offense, or that you should have used a fullback all year. Marvin is an idiot.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why would Marvin repeatedly defend Brat to a press that smells blood? And why would he go out of his way to say that the ridiculous decision to pass late in the game against Tampa was his and his alone?

Marvin doesn't have a warm relationship with the press. Still, witness his oblique references about the offense not having an identity today - I don't think that was personal soul searching on his part. With Marvin, that's as close to a smoking gun as you'll see. I don't care about one play here or there - we've established that Marvin makes boneheaded in-game decisions. If you told me that Marvin decided to punt on 2nd and 3 with a 3 point lead, I'd believe it. Still, in the broad strokes, I don't think that's what he wants game in/game out.

If you admit there's no way of knowing then why spin conspiracy scenarios based upon the idea of the head coach whose been here for 8 seasons having almost no control over his teams offense?

Because based on the evidence we have, combined with common sense, I think it's the most likely conclusion. Marvin wouldn't even be close to the first middle manager who got caught between a boss and an underling who had mutual chubbies for each other. And I've no doubt that Brat kisses Mikey's ass - after all, if the Bengals do eventually let him go, his next job is in the UFL, and he has to know it. Probably with the Tuskers, why not?

Seems human nature to me that any head coach, offensive or defensive, would be more critical of assistant coaches who work within his own area of expertise.

Not sure how that plays, I've seen it go both ways. But I've never seen such a craptastic coordinator kept this long by a coach who controlled his staff. You know whose MO this is? The owner who hasn't fired the GM after 20 years of failure.

You seem to be forgetting how TO was a Bengal only because Antonio Bryant was damaged goods. Furthermore, Marvin hasn't said much about last season but he has said the Bryant injury was a far bigger factor than most realize. Personally, I don't doubt it.

Of course it was, he only spent enough time on the field to completely screw the team. Still, even with that water under the bridge, does Marvin bring TO into that mess? I have me doubts.

As for his relationship with Chad? Who the f**k knows whats going on there? All I know is Marvin acts like an enabler far more than a disciplinarian and if he wanted to end the relationship he probably could make it happen just by pushing a few of Chad's buttons. Instead, he tells all of us that we don't understand their relationship and with very few exceptions defends Chad like any parent would defend a stupid child.

That's not what I get out of the comments Marvin does make to the media. For over a year at least he's been crushing Chad in the media. Witness the tire tracks on Chad's back today that match Marvin's car.

Marvin sure does think he will turn this team around i guess time will tell.

Same old same old. We get these articles every year and they all have the same "shorter:"

Wait 'til next year.

Yep same old same old! This is why im not even getting excited at all about this year. I dont even care anymore whats the point, we were supposed to see big changes and so far just got a slap in the face.

Childress? As OC?

Yes. Please.

Hope that dinner wasn't just social.

Childress would possibly be change for the sake of change. Players have hated his play-calling for years, openly requesting release.

For Brat's part, I never had a huge problem with him prior to this season. But the problem this season was pretty unforgivable... and was far more than just poor playcalling.

Chilly is probably as good as the Bengals will get... and since he's a run first OC, I wouldn't be against it. But I would temper the excitement. He is well known for being boring and unimaginative, not to mention he was often criticized for his unwillingness to use Adrian Peterson in the passing game whatsoever. Honestly... that sounds a lot like Brat.

Well, now that my first choice the Cincinnati's Big Coaching Change, Dave Wannstedt, has been named assistant head coach of the Bills, I suppose I will have to settle for Brad Childress. :wacko:

Seriously, though, what does it say about Lewis that guys like these are in the mix around the league but he couldn't even get a sniff from any other team during his brief bout of unemployment and had to go crawling back to Mikey? And what does it say about Mikey that he re-ups a guy who admits flat-out he doesn't have a clue how to do his job?

Clown shoes? Yeah -- and Chad's not the only guy in the organization with a closet full of 'em.

Childress? As OC?

Yes. Please.

Hope that dinner wasn't just social.

The waiter overheard some of the conversation which kinda went like this.

Marvin: So Brad how was your season?

Childress: It sucked. How was yours?

Marvin: It sucked.

Childress: I had a diva for a QB.

Marvin: I had a couple WR's that were divas. I wish my QB was more of a diva sometimes.

Childress: No you don't....trust me.

Marvin: So how was Les Frazier? You know I fired him a few years ago?

Childress: Yes I knew that. He's a good guy and knows his stuff but you know he's making both of us look bad, right?

Marvin: Yeah, I know. I wonder if he and Hue Jackson will be linked as being part of my "coaching tree" now?

Childress: I'm not sure but I would be more concerned that those are the only two after eight years! By the way, is Breshnehan still coaching in the UFL?

at this point the waiter leaves the area and is unable to hear the rest of the conversation..............

I would like to re-entertain the idea of bringing in the space monkey for OC (Can't remember who had the idea). He couldn't be any worse than Brat, he's probably imaginative and unpredictable, and he'd only cost what it would take to feed and house him. Sounds like a win-win.

Yes yes...

Thanks for concurring. Space Monkey for OC !!!

I love how Marvin talks of "lopping heads" as if the fans here just have an irrational angry mob mentality.

Marvin, Brat sucks. His firing is way overdue. The teams offensive production and record proves it. Stop the f**king rationalizing.

I feel that Mike wanted Brat. This will be change. This and get rid of Chad, and I'm content.

Pretty sure all of the space monkeys are dead. As I recall most of them were never recovered and slowly died from a lack of oxygen and food. Others died fairly quickly due to a lack of radiation shielding, causing their delicious monkey blood to boil. The few that were recovered have all died of old age. So decide for yourself if death automatically disqualifies a space monkey from further consideration, but I'm forced to conclude it does. That said, if you drop the requirement of the monkey having been to space you open up the pool of applicants considerably. Then again, I have to wonder if the basic garden/jungle variety monkey could do Bratkowski's job. After all, space monkeys are highly trained button pushers who aren't freaked out by the need/requirement that they poop in a diaper.

Just saying.

As for Chilly, I'm not sure where he'd fit on a staff that seems reluctant to cast of it's Bratkowski trappings, but it is intriuqing simply because Mike and Marvin's presser repeatedly touched on current coaches being retained but possibly reassigned. So assuming there is a plan maybe it isn't based upon firing Brat, but reassigning him. Or maybe the plan is based upon keeping Bratkowski as OC but adding someone like Childress, or a space monkey, to the staff.