CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

Is Brat even under contract for the 2011 season, im confused i thought Marvin said no assistant was signed in 2011. Who knows maybe Marvin was lying lol lol :unsure:

He got a 3 year extension last offseason I think

HMMMMMM i dont remember that, but maybe he did. Well that just sucks, im trying to find some kind of hope, but im failing lol :blush:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My generalized concern and unease is similar...that w/ each passing day it is clear he stays. In fact, part of me thinks the delay in announcing that he is staying is the bengals trying to "bury the lede" by announcing it in the run-up to the super bowl in the days after the afc/nfc championship games.

Sigh.

Is Brat even under contract for the 2011 season, im confused i thought Marvin said no assistant was signed in 2011. Who knows maybe Marvin was lying lol lol :unsure:

HMMMMMM i dont remember that, but maybe he did. Well that just sucks, im trying to find some kind of hope, but im failing lol :blush:

Well Hobson and Reedy both implied Brat would be back and then if you saw The rsponse lettars from Katie...It's pretty safe to say he's back.

To: "WDR Comrade"

Date: 01/07/2011 02:17 PM

Subject: RE: State of the Bengals

[NAME} It sounds to me like you are just repeating things that may be said on talk radio but I can assure you you are mistaken on many points. We are going to work to have a great 2011 season. We have a strong base of players. Our offense performed very well the last couple of games when we put in the two young receivers with 371 yds and 395 yds of offense against top 10 defenses and teams that were playing to win. We have a solid defense and our two young defensive ends, Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson were having success creating sacks and a much needed pass rush. While we did not have the results this year that anyone is pleased with we were in the playoffs and won our division in 2009 and our schedule this year was the most difficult in the NFL on a winning percent by the opponents. The great thing about the sport of football is that we get a fresh start next year. Whoever is here as coaches, players and the front office will be working their hardest to have a great season. With all due respect calling someone a sorry individual who you have never met seems out of place. We operate in a very responsible and upstanding manner and I take pride in doing so. Katie

Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 12:37 PM

To: Mike Brown; Blackburn, Katherine; Blackburn, Troy

Subject: State of the Bengals

Dear Brown Family,

Thanks to the product you consistently put on the field I will no longer be cheering on your team. I use to consider it my team but not any longer. You are not making the changes that need to be made to make this a competitive team. Bratkowski should have been fired after this year but you feel more loyalty to him than the fans who pay your bills! You do not want to win you just want a profit and are sorry individuals. There is more to life than money clearly your father did not teach you this lesson Mike. Don't be mistaken I will no longer be buying tickets apparel or even use products that are sponsored by the Bengals.

Well Hobson and Reedy both implied Brat would be back and then if you saw The rsponse lettars from Katie...It's pretty safe to say he's back.

[NAME} It sounds to me like you are just repeating things that may be said on talk radio but I can assure you you are mistaken on many points. We are going to work to have a great 2011 season. We have a strong base of players. Our offense performed very well the last couple of games when we put in the two young receivers with 371 yds and 395 yds of offense against top 10 defenses and teams that were playing to win. We have a solid defense and our two young defensive ends, Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson were having success creating sacks and a much needed pass rush. While we did not have the results this year that anyone is pleased with we were in the playoffs and won our division in 2009 and our schedule this year was the most difficult in the NFL on a winning percent by the opponents. The great thing about the sport of football is that we get a fresh start next year. Whoever is here as coaches, players and the front office will be working their hardest to have a great season. With all due respect calling someone a sorry individual who you have never met seems out of place. We operate in a very responsible and upstanding manner and I take pride in doing so. Katie

Dear Brown Family,

Thanks to the product you consistently put on the field I will no longer be cheering on your team. I use to consider it my team but not any longer. You are not making the changes that need to be made to make this a competitive team. Bratkowski should have been fired after this year but you feel more loyalty to him than the fans who pay your bills! You do not want to win you just want a profit and are sorry individuals. There is more to life than money clearly your father did not teach you this lesson Mike. Don't be mistaken I will no longer be buying tickets apparel or even use products that are sponsored by the Bengals.

It would be better if they would just not respond to some of those e-mails. Her response was just as painful as reading "the fans pay your bills!"

Well heres what im trying to figure out, with the lockout coming, that means no team can practice or have mini camp ect ect?????

Well if thats the case then whats going to happen to all these teams that hired new coaches, if there is no practices how are they supposed to get anything done with there new teams. If thats the case these teams will be horrible in the new seasons.

Im guessing this is the main reason why the Bengals will make no changes and do nothing different. Only thing different, will be they will probably go back the 2009 gameplan???

With this whole lockout thing, it will interesting to see the Bengals this year, and the other teams that made all these new changes i dont see how that can be good for them lol lol.

Hey Marvin, show you got some added authority from your extension and replace Paul Alexander with Tom Cable. Cable likely won't get any Head Coaching offers, nor offensive coordinator, but he had success an an O-Line coach with Atlanta and Oakland......

So basically,

Fire Brat

Fire Mike Sheppard

Fire Paul Alexander

Man we can all hope, but i think this is just a dream. I really dont see anything happening anytime soon. I too cant understand why Marvin is back, my guess is he had nothing better to take.

Ill take Cable in a hearbeat!

Hey Marvin, show you got some added authority from your extension and replace Paul Alexander with Tom Cable. Cable likely won't get any Head Coaching offers, nor offensive coordinator, but he had success an an O-Line coach with Atlanta and Oakland......

So basically,

Fire Brat

Fire Mike Sheppard

Fire Paul Alexander

Man we can all hope, but i think this is just a dream. I really dont see anything happening anytime soon. I too cant understand why Marvin is back, my guess is he had nothing better to take.

Ill take Cable in a hearbeat!

I dunno I think he could have got a DC job,Maybe its the players he is a players coach "shrug" feels bad for the guys stuck here.

So basically,

Fire Brat

Fire Mike Sheppard

Fire Paul Alexander

Just hire Cable as an unpaid 'consultant' and invite him to meetings. I think the problem will work itself out when half the Bengals coaching staff ends up in the ER.

Yep this sucks, but we all knew it was going to happen.

I was reading on bengals.com, and some other article that nothing will happen here until after the senior bowl! So as much as i think nothing will happen i guess we will have to wait and see. Only thing i can see happing if they do anything, is making Zampese the OC.

From Lance's blog

Where Marvin failed this year

I was listening to ESPN 1530 this morning. Trey Wingo said, "Bears coach Lovie Smith doesn't get enough credit for how he managed his offensive coordinator this year. That offense was a train wreck early in the year. He went to Mike Martz and said, 'we need to feature Matt Forte'.

still hope...

COACHING CONTROVERSY…IN BALTIMORE

A struggle for points. The quarterback struggling. The fans calling for the heads of assistant coaches.

This is what’s coming out of Baltimore, where they haven’t had a potent passing game, it seems, since Unitas. At the very least, since Bert Jones. And you could hear the roar of disapproval when Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday that offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is coming back.

When Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis was rehired two weeks ago, he made no such pronouncements about anyone on his staff and it appears that he is still evaluating. The only announcement the Bengals usually make on their coaches is when the staff is finalized. With the current staff leaving to coach the Under Armour Senior Bowl Sunday, that announcement may still be a few weeks in the making.

The Baltimore situation is telling, isn’t it? They won 12 games and life still isn’t good. There is never pure happiness in 31 NFL cities. The assistants know that when they sign up, but it still doesn’t make the criticism easier to take.

still hope...

A struggle for points. The quarterback struggling. The fans calling for the heads of assistant coaches.

This is what’s coming out of Baltimore, where they haven’t had a potent passing game, it seems, since Unitas. At the very least, since Bert Jones. And you could hear the roar of disapproval when Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday that offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is coming back.

When Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis was rehired two weeks ago, he made no such pronouncements about anyone on his staff and it appears that he is still evaluating. The only announcement the Bengals usually make on their coaches is when the staff is finalized. With the current staff leaving to coach the Under Armour Senior Bowl Sunday, that announcement may still be a few weeks in the making.

The Baltimore situation is telling, isn’t it? They won 12 games and life still isn’t good. There is never pure happiness in 31 NFL cities. The assistants know that when they sign up, but it still doesn’t make the criticism easier to take.

Well i hope something will change, give me some hope. So i guess we will wait till after the senior bowl to see if anything will happen.

still hope...

Stabby openly bitched about the offense turning the ball over. He said something like they can't put my defense in that position and expect to win. He got the head coach fired last time he went off, looks like he wasn't as successful this time.

Dear Brown Family,

Maybe we should just send a piece of paper with Their record on it to Katie the babbling idiot. Maybe that would get through her thick skull! I don't want to hear this crap of what a couple guys did at the end of the year! How many times have we seen a futile rally at the end of the year when they're in last place? The receivers that perfomed over the last three games means NOTHING! Can you do it over a 20 game season ? Katie is a babbling ugly idiot!! things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

The only thing I can think of is that Mike Brown is preparing for a lockout, and is banking on the continuity of his horrible staff to give him an edge in his goal of a 10-6 season with a nice 1 and done perfromance in the playoffs. Is anyone else having a hard time generating enthusiasm for the 2011 season? New England acts like someone died because they lost after a 14-2 season. They will have a ton of changes I bet. But the Bengals are still banking on their 2009 10-6 season as a reason to believe they are close. Sickening.