CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do it now? I understand the Senior Bowl and all by that shouldn't undermine everything else. By waiting good coordinators like Daniels, Weiss and Chow have found new job. Stars like Carson and Ced are pissed, not to mention the fans. What about Bratkowski? What good is he going to be on draft day because he scouted players up close and personal yesterday? MB really screwed this one up. It remains to be seen if he'll recover

I hate to be so joyful over someone losing their job but \happy dance.

Remember, Brat still had a year left on his deal so he''ll still be getting checks from Mikey.

Ya and it really shouldn't be a surprise when your squad finished 20 or lower for 3 years in a row and you only had 2 real successful seasons in 10 years...Yet Alexander remains employed still ohwell I'll take brats head for now.

Why do it now? I understand the Senior Bowl and all by that shouldn't undermine everything else. By waiting good coordinators like Daniels, Weiss and Chow have found new job. Stars like Carson and Ced are pissed, not to mention the fans. What about Bratkowski? What good is he going to be on draft day because he scouted players up close and personal yesterday? MB really screwed this one up. It remains to be seen if he'll recover

It's better late then Never I' also pass on Daniels & Weiss and CHow still could be opition because he's coaching at the College level he very well could be enticed to go pro with his old star QB :>

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the change, but the more I think about it, the "change" was made due to trying to appease people rather than what Mike Brown truly thought "should" happen. That being said, bringing in someone without much difference from what Brat brought is what I'm expecting. Change without change.

Make it appear to the franchise and fans (who you need to buy tickets) that you are willing to make a move.

I hope I'm wrong and the new OC turns everything around.

I hate to be so joyful over someone losing their job but \happy dance.

I don't think he'll be hurting, as much of Mike Brown's money that he's been taking all these years. Probably sucks that he's sucked his way out of the NFL, but them's the breaks.

Look at it this way - somebody who actually deserves a job will have one.

And yeah, happy dance! :banana::excitedgroup::rockon::clap::band:

EDIT: Carson Palmer, ball's in your court.

From .com

It is believed that is going to be the only change on an offensive staff that has taken the bulk of the heat for the Bengals' 4-12 season and indications are it is going to be an outside hire.

Zampese

Sheppard

Chow

Zorn

Chilly

former Hags OC Jeremy Bates

Hmmm I'd rate em

1.)Chow

2.)Chilly (simply want outsider)

3.)Zampese

4.)Screw everyone else Carson can call the plays.

I have to admit that I'm excited that the new Offensive Coordinator will be . . . someone other than Brat. I'm sure we could have all kinds of bums come in, but we will have plenty of time to hate them next year (if necessary). For now, I have renewed bengal optimism for next season. i just can't believe brat was actually fired . . . and I don't feel bad for someone losing their job who did it poorly, especially when that person continues to receive a paycheck.

Also, the cynical side of me wonders if this would have taken place if the Carson thing had not happened last week?

I thought the same thing. My suspicion is that no, it wouldn't have happened but for Carson. Carson is a global force for good.

I think Sea Ray mentioned it too but Cedric made it known that he wouldn't be back if Brat was still here. I have to think that may have had some impact in the decision too even though Carson carries the weight. For what it's worth at least this opens the door of him remaining here at least one more season.

Ive heard that Marvin actully really likes Alexander and wanted him to stay on this team. As much as i hate Alexander he has not had much to work with. Remember his crew when he had Jones,Williams,Braham,Steinbach,Anderson, this group was great. They have yet to replace the o-line.

Thank god that Brat is gone,anybody at this point is much better!!!!

From .com

It is believed that is going to be the only change on an offensive staff that has taken the bulk of the heat for the Bengals' 4-12 season and indications are it is going to be an outside hire.

Zampese

Sheppard

Chow

Zorn

Chilly

Hmmm I'd rate em

1.)Chow

2.)Chilly (simply want outsider)

3.)Zampese

4.)Screw everyone else Carson can call the plays.

Chow? Are you kidding me he sucked at Tennessee and UCLA why reward someone who was fired from their last two teams with a job with the Bengals. This isn't college and it sure isn't the 2005 USC Trojans. Before some of you Bengals fans call Mike Brown dumb you might want to look in the mirror first. Yeah Brat was fired but we still have Palmer, nothing has changed but the excuses for why Palmer is sucking. Norm Chow, that's so sad that it's actually funny to me that anyone would suggest him being on the coaching roster.

Here is my knee jerk plan:

1. Trade Palmer and our r2 pick for the r1 pick of any of these: SF/Tenn./Wash/Minny/Miami (If you love someone, set them free).

2. BEG Benson to come back.

3. Hire Gus Malzahn as OC - http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/malzahn_gus00.html

4. Draft Cam Newton at 4.

5. Then take best available at 7-15 (wherever the trade lands us) - could be Clayborn, Ingram, Jones, Von Miller, etc.

6. Profit.

Reedy has some potential OC names:

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/31/who-could-be-next-and-other-questions/

Zampese

Sheppard

Chow

Zorn

Chilly

Can't say any of these set my heart afire.

Who would you like, i mean i dont even know who is out there that is great??

Ced says good move

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/31/benson-good-to-see-them-make-some-moves/

“It’s good to see them make some moves and it will help,” Benson said. “It will be a benefit in a positive way. It was a smart move that can benefit the team and everyone.”

1. Trade Palmer and our r2 pick for the r1 pick of any of these: SF/Tenn./Wash/Minny/Miami (If you love someone, set them free).

I don't think there is any way we have to give Palmer and a pick to get one of those teams 1st's you mentioned. As a matter of fact, giving Palmer should net us their first and a comp pick the following draft that's conditional on how Palmer plays. With the new OC coming in (especially from the outside), no better time than to bring in a new QB.

Having a GM would REALLY help right about now.