CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

Throughout all this nonsense we keep hearing that Kaite and Marvin have been trying to sway Mike towards certain things (New OC, etc). Do you get the sense that Katie is trying to have Mike make significant changes?

I think a lot of people are trying to sway Mike and right now he's not budging. Mike's whole outlook is that the fans will come back if they start winning again, but considering what has happened here over the past 20 years that's not an easy equation. Too much ill will

I'm still waiting to hear how Mikey expects to "start winning again"...

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throughout all this nonsense we keep hearing that Kaite and Marvin have been trying to sway Mike towards certain things (New OC, etc). Do you get the sense that Katie is trying to have Mike make significant changes?

I think a lot of people are trying to sway Mike and right now he's not budging. Mike's whole outlook is that the fans will come back if they start winning again, but considering what has happened here over the past 20 years that's not an easy equation. Too much ill will

By maintaining the company standards of course...

There is no plan with this team. There's just hope. If things don't work out Mikey can spin it any way he wants to deflect the blame off of him. "We had alot of injuries", etc, blah, blah blah.....

Reedy's web chat from yesterday.
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/28/bengals-chat-at-noon-today/

He mentions tagging Benson might be the only way to keep him next year.

He also said he talked to Brat in Mobile and he said the team would be more run-oriented next year.

This team will be more run oriented, sure. They'll also not trade down in the first for line help, draft AJ Green, keep Chad, ignore the holes in the O-line, and franchise a disgruntled Benson who was at the bottom of the league in YPC.

But yeah, sure they'll be more run oriented. How successful they will be is another question.

I thought this, from a Reedy piece today, was worth noting.

Said one offensive player at the end of the season: "If I'm late for a meeting and I'm on the defense, I know Mike Zimmer is going to call me out and I'm going to be disappointed because I let him down. If I'm late for my meeting, I'm more disappointed with my position coach's reaction than (that of offensive coordinator) Bob (Bratkowski) and Marvin."

Not super-surprising but confirms what many have suspected about the lack of respect for Bob & Marvin.

Said one offensive player at the end of the season: "If I'm late for a meeting and I'm on the defense, I know Mike Zimmer is going to call me out and I'm going to be disappointed because I let him down. If I'm late for my meeting, I'm more disappointed with my position coach's reaction than (that of offensive coordinator) Bob (Bratkowski) and Marvin."

Not super-surprising but confirms what many have suspected about the lack of respect for Bob & Marvin.

We're screwed.

Depression sets in.

(In the spirit of things, I jumped offsides while typing this post and I don't even feel bad about it)

We're screwed.

Depression sets in.

(In the spirit of things, I jumped offsides while typing this post and I don't even feel bad about it)

1st and 5 now

Everybody just settle down. Here's how this week will look:

Monday: Bratkowski, zampese and alexander are fired

Tuesday: Jjoe signs 3 year extension

Wednesday: New offensive coaches named

Thursday: Benson signs 3 year extension

Friday: Carson says he's back in.

Saturday: Space Monkeys fly out of my butt.

Trust me. It's all going to be fine. :cheers:

Zampese will be the next OC, Brat will not be calling plays anymore!

There is no plan with this team. There's just hope. If things don't work out Mikey can spin it any way he wants to deflect the blame off of him. "We had alot of injuries", etc, blah, blah blah.....

Or it's hard to win the NFL ask Dan Rooney :|

Thing I worry about Zampese is taking over if he's disappointment as a OC we keep him around even after marvins fired...but hey its not brat.

Or it's hard to win the NFL ask Dan Rooney :|

Thing I worry about Zampese is taking over if he's disappointment as a OC we keep him around even after marvins fired...but hey its not brat.

Not sure what i think of Zampese either, but a couple of years alot of people wanted him to be the next OC. I know a couple of teams wanted Zampese as there QBs coach, so who knows maybe he wouldnt be to bad.

If this would happen then they would need a QBs coach!

We're screwed.

Depression sets in.

1st and 5 now

I actually meant that I false started, since it's the offense that has no discipline. Should be first and 15, my mistake.

1st and 5 now

I actually meant that I false started, since it's the offense that has no discipline. Should be first and 15, my mistake.

I wasn't sure if you were Pat Sims or Ocho Whitworth. Can I throw a challenge flag on an un-reviewable play?

For those not watching the ProBowl, the AFC is getting pounded 45-28 after being down 42-0. This is probably the first football related thing that didn't put the Bengals in a terrible light this January. There aren't any Bengals in the game.

For those not watching the ProBowl, the AFC is getting pounded 45-28 after being down 42-0. This is probably the first football related thing that didn't put the Bengals in a terrible light this January. There aren't any Bengals in the game.

I tried to watch it briefly, but the Pro Bowl is a joke. Why don't they just make it two hand touch? <_<

Saturday: Space Monkeys fly out of my butt.

Yeah, jonah seems a bit...optimistic to me, too.

That said, there are rumors floating around that Zampese will take over as OC at some point this week, with Brat getting moved to a new job. We'll see...

The pro-bowl is pointless. I really think they should just give the pro-bowl players a bonus vacation to Hawaii, but without the game.

Just save everyone the time of watching a bunch of guys not try very hard. Sort of like why I won't be watching the Bengals this year.

The Pro Bowl is unwatchable. At the snap the D-linemen "stand up" and a take a step or two towards the backdropping QB but scant little if any contact occurs with the O-lineman, nor do the D-linemen put their hands up to try to bat down a ball. The tackling is equally atrocious. It's like an 11 on 11 drill at Georgetown. It isn't NFL football

rumors floating around that Zampese will take over as OC at some point this week, with Brat getting moved to a new job. We'll see...

I think we all said right after the season ended that instead of firing him, Mike would give Bratkowski some other job. Figures.

rumors floating around that Zampese will take over as OC at some point this week, with Brat getting moved to a new job. We'll see...

I think we all said right after the season ended that instead of firing him, Mike would give Bratkowski some other job. Figures.

If he's not the OC but he's still with the team then what's he gonna be doing?

Yeah, that seemed the easiest way to handle things. But now it seems that the rumor mill has reversed course, and word is that Brat will stay OC.

Interestingly, one of the drivers of the rumor mill has been a new (as far as I know) blog, bengals insider (a blogspot blog, not the scout.com one) whose author claimed to have some sources inside PBS. As of this morning all his posts have been deleted, but he was the one who passed along word that Brat would stay before going dark.

Yeah, that seemed the easiest way to handle things. But now it seems that the rumor mill has reversed course, and word is that Brat will stay OC.

Interestingly, one of the drivers of the rumor mill has been a new (as far as I know) blog, bengals insider (a blogspot blog, not the scout.com one) whose author claimed to have some sources inside PBS. As of this morning all his posts have been deleted, but he was the one who passed along word that Brat would stay before going dark.

JFC. Depression sets in. Again.

From Hobson:

http://www.bengals.c...4a-27d3efb55bad

There were some good details on a number of topics in this article including this one. Personally I am thinking that Zampese might get promoted to OC so there is some continuity in communication with terminology and philosophy but a different thought process in calling the plays.

But there were indications that Lewis was still trying to find an offensive coordinator during the week in Mobile.

The Bengals only make an announcement about their coaches when the staff is finalized and that hasn't happened yet. Lewis says he wants to make major changes on offense but that they aren't made the week of coaching an all-star game. So it was business as usual Saturday night in a game where all the coaches stay on the field and none go up into the press box.

The next few days should yield an announcement.