CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

I am on "Brat watch". I think I am not alone. Let's wait it out here with some ruminations on the things about Brat that have come to piss us off. I will start. I was at the game on Sunday and a little piece of my fan soul died every time the PA announcer would intone "#74 reports as an eligible receiver" which would then be immediately followed by a run to whatever side Roland lined up on or went in motion to. Every time.

When Brat is gone, I won't miss that play.

(And, humor me. I know Brat might not be gone, but let's not be sad while we wait...)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to urge Mike, or Marvin, or Pumpkin, or whoever is actually making decisions at PBS, to swing that axe!

It must be done in a formal and professional manner.

From a great Looney Tunes short:

Moe Hican: (after three sniffs)

"Me smell Moe Hican burning. Me last Moe Hican.

Must be me!!

Jeeves: "Your arror sir."

Jeeves: "Your pellett, sir".

Jeeves: "Your Thomas hawk, sir".

Jeeves: "Your cannonball, sir, and my resignation!"

Just trying to urge Mike, or Marvin, or Pumpkin, or whoever is actually making decisions at PBS, to swing that axe!

Must be me!!

Ha Ha! I love that old cartoon. I actually searched for that cartoon a couple years ago, and discovered that it is out of circulation in any form I could find, due to the racist portrayal of the indian. It was classic, though.

What won't I miss ??

How about the revamped offensive playbook each and every season, that only uses the revamped plays during the preseason with players that won't ever get a chance to use them during the season as they will be shelved for "non-development", all the while going back to the same plays we've seen season after season for to d*mn many ??

F*CK YOU BRAT !!!

Must be me!!

yourarrowsir.jpg

I can't imagine the Brat Watch will take long. I knew they wouldn't fire anyone through the media during the press conference, but by the same token I can't see them allowing Bratkowski to twist in the wind. Competence aside, he's well liked within the Bengal family.

The one thing mentioned in the presser that did send a little chill up my spine was Mikey promising vauge changes to the coaching staff, and then saying something about moving people around, reassigning them, etc. Brat seems like a poor candidate for that, I admit, but it made me wonder if they might look inhouse for his replacement. Frankly, I want an outsider who'll bring a fresh look, not Zampese.

Frankly, I want an outsider who'll bring a fresh look, not Zampese.

That's my fear...that they jettison Brat and give Zampese the title and say something along the lines of "Carson's a veteran and doesn't need a QB coach"

I am on "Brat watch". I think I am not alone. Let's wait it out here with some ruminations on the things about Brat that have come to piss us off. I will start. I was at the game on Sunday and a little piece of my fan soul died every time the PA announcer would intone "#74 reports as an eligible receiver" which would then be immediately followed by a run to whatever side Roland lined up on or went in motion to. Every time.

When Brat is gone, I won't miss that play.

(And, humor me. I know Brat might not be gone, but let's not be sad while we wait...)

I think Hair ought to re-print his post from another thread about how he'd announce to Brat that he's fired. It's the funniest thing I've read in awhile. :lmao:

That's my fear...that they jettison Brat and give Zampese the title and say something along the lines of "Carson's a veteran and doesn't need a QB coach"

Sheebus, that's scary. But plausible.

My whole hope all along is some QB coach and OC come in and break Palmer's mechanics down and rebuild him. Anybody who watches him has to see that his mechanics are terrible.

Sheebus, that's scary. But plausible.

Then allow me to frighten you further. Mike Sheppard has multiple years of OC experience with several NFL teams. Not lately I admit, but there it is. In fact, it can be argued he's far more qualified than Zampese. The only reason I mentioned Zampese is he's the guy everybody mentions when replacing Brat with someone already on the staff is discussed. He's the so-called comer. Sheppard is the retread.

My whole hope all along is some QB coach and OC come in and break Palmer's mechanics down and rebuild him. Anybody who watches him has to see that his mechanics are terrible.

It's a mixed bag. I thought Palmer's pocket skills were much improved this season. He seemed more aware and stepped up or slid around far more effectively than before. And the deep ball seemed improved. But other things slipped. For example, with his injury healed the play action fake returned, but fooled nobody.

Well I'll ask it on this thread too,When Brat is fired who replaces him as OC?

Then allow me to frighten you further. Mike Sheppard has multiple years of OC experience with several NFL teams. Not lately I admit, but there it is. In fact, it can be argued he's far more qualified than Zampese. The only reason I mentioned Zampese is he's the guy everybody mentions when replacing Brat with someone already on the staff is discussed. He's the so-called comer. Sheppard is the retread.

SHeppard,Alexander & Zampese both should be fired with brat :|

Well I'll ask it on this thread too,When Brat is fired who replaces him as OC?

SHeppard,Alexander & Zampese both should be fired with brat :|

One article yesterday said they should go after Josh McDaniels. Now THAT would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind Billick as the OC, but I think someone mentioned it already about him not wanting to work under someone who worked under him.

There have been many who say Billick is a tough nosed assh*le type of coach.

I'd be cool with that as I would like to see a coach with a little fire.

I dont think Billick would leave what he is doing now, for a OC job. If he leaves its going to be for a HC job!!

Thats just it who is out there that can make this team better, im not even sure. With that said they need someone who is going to work with Carson and actully help him out again on how to read a defense!!

Marvin said today that Carson is his guy, so they just need someone to help him become a better QB. Im not sure who is even available or if they will look in the college game or what?

If they do in house moves, that goes to show i dont see much change next year, with winning and losing. Nobody here can help this offense and i think it shows when this offense is so inconsistant.

I wouldn't mind Billick as the OC, but I think someone mentioned it already about him not wanting to work under someone who worked under him.

There have been many who say Billick is a tough nosed assh*le type of coach.

I'd be cool with that as I would like to see a coach with a little fire.

Ironically, Mike Sheppard was on the coaching staff at Idaho State when Marvin played there.

Well, I never ever thought I'd say this, but I think I'd like to see Billick be the OC. He's not going to get a HC job and might need to boost his stock some. Of course my fear is the give the OC job to Sheppard and they don't fire Alexander. Cause he needs to go even more than Brat at this point.