Seattle Seahawks

Sea Ray

Here's a dilemma for Seattle fans:

If Seattle wins, they'll go to the back of line in the draft this year. All playoff teams draft after all non playoff teams, regardless of record. This will mean the difference between a #11 pick and a #21 pick every rd.

So, with that in mind, would you as a Seattle Seahawk fan want to see a win tonight or not? I just talked to one Seahawk season ticket holder and he's not even going tonight. He definitely wants no part of a win. He wants them to load up on draft picks and hope owner Paul Allen buys some key FAs and make a run next year.

Looks like Seattle doesn't have a choice, as the Rams

Here's a dilemma for Seattle fans:

If Seattle wins, they'll go to the back of line in the draft this year. All playoff teams draft after all non playoff teams, regardless of record. This will mean the difference between a #11 pick and a #21 pick every rd.

So, with that in mind, would you as a Seattle Seahawk fan want to see a win tonight or not? I just talked to one Seahawk season ticket holder and he's not even going tonight. He definitely wants no part of a win. He wants them to load up on draft picks and hope owner Paul Allen buys some key FAs and make a run next year.

Looks like The Seahawks don't have a choice, as it looks like the Rams just want to hand them this game....wow, c'mon guys, at least ACT like you want it?

hoenstly, It's hard to believe either of these 2 teams even got to 7-9.......anyways, Congrats on your blowout loss next week 'hawks!

Also, good luck in the draft......How funny is it that 10-6 teams like The Buccaneers and Giants will be selecting ahead of the 7-9 Seahawks??? :lmao:

Not only that, they get a 1st place schedule to boot!

When you get to play the likes of the Rams, 49ers and Cards 6 times you can get to 7 wins. However Seattle's best win was at Soldier Field which is evidence enough that the Bears are pretenders

OK, let's look at this again. It's official. The Seahawks' win last night cost them a top ten pick. They'd have been picking 8th. What's a drop from 8 to 21 in the first rd worth? I'm guessing a trade down on draft day like that would require a 2nd rd pick or next years first.

If they get embarrassed next week it'll be all the more painful. Plus they get to be called the only sub .500 team to make the playoffs. Who wants to be reminded of that every year? They also get a 1st place schedule next yr

The Seahawks' victory did come at a cost: at least 13 draft spaces.

The Seahawks would have held the eighth choice in this spring's draft if they had lost, finishing at 6-10. They would have been one of eight teams with that record, but of those eight teams, only San Francisco would have had a weaker schedule than Seattle, therfore the 49ers would have held the seventh pick and Seattle would have chosen eighth.

Now, Seattle will hold -- at best -- the No. 21 overall pick in the first round. If the Seahawks beat New Orleans next week, they'll pick No. 25 at the best.

>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/

7-9 makes the playoffs ?? Sad...

I agree. Tha'ts kinda what I was getting at in the other thread. Is there a big difference between the Bengals and Bills at 4-12 or the Rams and Hawks at 7-9 or anyone in between? Probably not.

Incidentally, Belichik and the Pats won 14 games in a season for the 4th time yesterday. The Colts made the playoffs for the 9th straight season. With all of the talk about how the Steelers and Ravens run their teams, I would be looking at these two as the blueprint for sustained excellence.