Blaming It All On Chad and T.O.

COB

...if we beat either the Chargers or Ratbirds with the same formula then you are on to something.

And if they lose to both using the same methods that wrecked the season after a handful of games what will you say? Stay the course? Keep shoveling?

How about realize that bum you have playing quarterback is shot and let's move on for the future of the team. No let's do the Bengals thing and wait for two more years until Shipley and Gresham and the rest of this rookie class get numb to losing and then ship him out.

It's funny how people are trying to pin the blame on these two, but they are not the one's forcing the ball to guys that aren't open.

Well, why aren't they open? And why does the QB throw so many forced passes? Why doesn't the system work?

Last time I checked both of them was still in the top 10 in the AFC in receiving so they must be open sometime brah, stop making stuff up like they are not never open. Let me know what receiver is open on every play?

If we had a quarterback with a leadership bone in his body that wasn't looking to appease them then we would be fine.

And if this team didn't have two diva wideouts who constantly need to be appeased we'd be even better.

LOL, if you say so, I will give you 4-12 without them.

At best this team will be 4-12 with them, so whats the difference. Either way this team sucks!!! So why not suck with players who actully give 110% every game. Why not lose with players who care more about the football team, then what reality show they can play on next? At sometime you have to get rid of players who play more for themselves then the team.

Its almost like because they brought TO in the felt they had to pass the ball more! I would have liked to seen if they didnt bring in TO if they would have run the ball a more! This team makes everything way to hard, keep it simple and do what helped you win last year!

As far as Palmer goes, i will admit something is not right with him, he is not seeing the field very good at all. At one point i thought he was awsome at seeing the defense, now its like he is so confused out there. I figured though that Marvin and the coaches would have seen this and actully helped him out some?? Run the ball more, short quick passes, things like that, but nobody did anything. This just shows how stupid Marvin has been!

If Carson is the guy next year, then they better get back to running the ball, and running it alot!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was mentioned elsewhere but I get the feeling that Marvin is done with Chad. Can't say that I blame him.

http://cincinnati.co...uiet-wednesday/

Our friends in San Diego asked Marvin Lewis about how Chad Ochocinco was doing especially with his ankle injury, which gave Lewis the opportunity to add a new adjective to many in which he has described 85 this year.

Said Lewis: "Well, he's being his mopey self. Hopefully, he can pull himself out of it and move forward … When things don't go Chad's way, that's kinda how it happens."

It didn't take long for those comments to get to Ochocinco, who did not take too kindly too them. Ochocinco did not practice on Wednesday due to an ankle injury and right now could be termed doubtful for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Said Ochocinco on Twitter: "Since when the (heck) am I ever mopey? I'm injured for the 1st time in 9 years and it's called being mopey, unless I'm dead then I get respect. Did anyone get the license plate to the bus I was just threw under?"

I think this was mentioned elsewhere but I get the feeling that Marvin is done with Chad. Can't say that I blame him.

http://cincinnati.co...uiet-wednesday/

Our friends in San Diego asked Marvin Lewis about how Chad Ochocinco was doing especially with his ankle injury, which gave Lewis the opportunity to add a new adjective to many in which he has described 85 this year.

Said Lewis: "Well, he's being his mopey self. Hopefully, he can pull himself out of it and move forward … When things don't go Chad's way, that's kinda how it happens."

It didn't take long for those comments to get to Ochocinco, who did not take too kindly too them. Ochocinco did not practice on Wednesday due to an ankle injury and right now could be termed doubtful for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Said Ochocinco on Twitter: "Since when the (heck) am I ever mopey? I'm injured for the 1st time in 9 years and it's called being mopey, unless I'm dead then I get respect. Did anyone get the license plate to the bus I was just threw under?"

Curiously, Ocho, I DID get the license plate of that bus..."U SUCK"

Another angle is this is Marvin criticizing Douche-o in order to motivate him.

No matter, they both will hopefully be moving on soon. Marvin to become D coordinator up at NYJ, and Chad to go drag down a team like Oakland or Dallas.

Another angle is this is Marvin criticizing Douche-o in order to motivate him.

No matter, they both will hopefully be moving on soon. Marvin to become D coordinator up at NYJ, and Chad to go drag down a team like Oakland or Dallas.

This morning Dan Patrick asked Tony Dungy about it and Dungy claimed it's just another sign that Marvin and Chad know they're both done in Cincy and no longer have to play nice with each other.

Personally, I'm not feeling the Ocho motivation angle at all. Marvin claims the decision to give Simpson and Caldwell more playing time was made before Owens was injured, and that's backed up by the decision to start Owens against Cleveland instead of shelving him as rumors claimed. That Owens almost immediately injured himself was a coincidence. But not so coincidentally, the decision to play the kids more dovetails neatly with Chad's attempts to shut himself down before the season ends using bone spurs as an excuse.

FWIW I wouldn't mind seeing Chad deactivated against the Chargers, thereby denying him a final curtain call infront of the home crowd. Instead, let him prowl the sidelines wearing his now familiar reality show uniform of porkpie hat and sunglasses. He's masqueraded as a football player long enough.

Wow just wow... no way do i buy this at all!!!

This offense has been horrible all year. The playcalling is still the biggest problem but that o line hasn't done s**t for run blocking all year. Of course the o line is gonna want to run block ITS EASIER!!! And Benson has ran hard this year but he has also been fumble prone, had no holes and has no break away speed. so simply put i dont see the record being any different if they would have ran more this year. And all I gotta say as for Palmer look at those 3 picks against Pitt last week they were forced throws bad decisions. To just blame those 2 WRs is a joke. that offense line and QB and running game is just as much to blame for the record. Ive watched a few games this year where TO was our best offensive player. yeah he shut down but I dont really blame him hes a HOF player just looking to win before he retires and he came to the worst, yup the worst organization in the nfl

Wow just wow... no way do i buy this at all!!!

This offense has been horrible all year. The playcalling is still the biggest problem but that o line hasn't done s**t for run blocking all year. Of course the o line is gonna want to run block ITS EASIER!!! And Benson has ran hard this year but he has also been fumble prone, had no holes and has no break away speed. so simply put i dont see the record being any different if they would have ran more this year. And all I gotta say as for Palmer look at those 3 picks against Pitt last week they were forced throws bad decisions. To just blame those 2 WRs is a joke. that offense line and QB and running game is just as much to blame for the record. Ive watched a few games this year where TO was our best offensive player. yeah he shut down but I dont really blame him hes a HOF player just looking to win before he retires and he came to the worst, yup the worst organization in the nfl

I wouldn't go as far as saying the worst, but I will agree as most people on the offensive play calling which is usually utterly predictable, the offensive line not being able to open a hole to slip a hotdog through, and Palmer making horrid throws into heavy coverage that change the entire outlook of games. There is far more to blame here.

I think what its all about is the fact as soon as they signed TO they became a passing team. What if they didnt bring in TO i dont see them throwing as much as they did this year. They changed there gameplan, just so they can make these divas happy!!! As far as blaming, of course you cant just blame the WR! With that said the WR all year have not helped Palmer, there were many games where they were dropping passes, running the wrong routes, giving up on the plays.

Lets not forget about this defense, they have been anything but great out there. Even before injury, its like this defense forgot how to be physical!

These LBs are horrible, there is not one game changer out there. There needs to be some kind of change with the LBs for this next coming year.

I am excited about this defense line, i just would like to see another pass rusher out there, but im excited about what i see!

Shoulda kept matt jones,.. Haha i'm gonna get smashed for sayin it,.. Dudes retired now,.. But hell i will say he caught every catchable ball! T.O caught 51% of all catchable or not thats aweful, and yeah, ced should have 300 carries already this year... Carson should have about 70 less attempts,.. And jerome and bubba and hell even chase coffman should be put more in on pass plays,.. Ive seen chase open a few times,.. Carson didnt throw it to him though,.. because hes a blockhead, i think jordan is the better option IMO... let the guy play against baltimore if carson does terrible

As soon as our two prima donnas got sent to the locker room to admire each other or twitter or whatever, things suddenly got very real on the floor at Paul Brown Stadium.

I'll take it a step further.

This seasons top four receivers managed just 5 receptions and 56 yards in the victory. Combined.

Better still, despite throwing mostly to one WR who has barely played this season and another who never plays Palmer managed a clean turnover free game. No heated sideline conversations with his receivers about route running, hot reads, or why the WR didn't bother tackling the guy who just intercepted the pass. Even more remarkable, the King of Sluggoland, Dennis Roland, suddenly wasn't a liability anymore.

I could get used to this, again, if they'd let me.

That is pretty much a great breakdown of what we saw on the field. Keepign in mind it is only the browns, it is clear(as it has been clear for weeks to anyone with common sense) what this team needs to do.

The latest in the Marvin-Chad saga:
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/12/23/lewis-unhappy-with-flak-over-chad-comments/

Marvin Lewis was in less than a holiday mood after practice Thursday when approached by reporters. Before any questions were asked, Lewis vehemently shut down any talk of his comments about Chad Ochocinco to San Diego media on Wednesday.

“This is stupid,” said Lewis. “Don’t let someone else lead you down that path.”

Lewis’ terse words Thursday showed the coach’s anger and frustrations with a situation that he believes has been blown out of proportion. He said his comments about Ochocinco were not meant to be taken as a negative or any different than previous comments he has made about the receiver.

For the record, I don't blame this season all on Chad and TO. I think Chad's other endeavors certainly didn't help and I think TO's "want to" has some left to be desired, but that's only part of it. The majority of my blame falls directly at the feet of the coaching staff that took this team and changed everything that worked last year and "FORCED" it into something else. They didn't just supplement what was working from last year, they abandoned it.

I made mention of it early in the season when I commented about them finally having a TE worth while instead of what they had last season. Now they had one less player blocking on the line and forced the passing game. The result ?? You exposed what was already a know weakness for this o-line and forced them to pass block more.

Sure Benson doesn't have the YPC some might point to as why he's not needed next year, but I don't blame him the same way I don't place all the blame on Chad and TO. The scheme being placed upon the offense has more to do with it that what you simply see from the stats of the players forced to work in that scheme.

Bottomline, fire Bratkowski or expect another 2 win season next year.

As for the mention somewhere of this team being 4-12 at best without Chad and TO, I simply point to this seasons record with them.

Better said ??

Hey Chad and T.O...

F*CK OFF !!!

For the record, I don't blame this season all on Chad and TO. I think Chad's other endeavors certainly didn't help and I think TO's "want to" has some left to be desired, but that's only part of it. The majority of my blame falls directly at the feet of the coaching staff that took this team and changed everything that worked last year and "FORCED" it into something else. They didn't just supplement what was working from last year, they abandoned it.

I made mention of it early in the season when I commented about them finally having a TE worth while instead of what they had last season. Now they had one less player blocking on the line and forced the passing game. The result ?? You exposed what was already a know weakness for this o-line and forced them to pass block more.

Sure Benson doesn't have the YPC some might point to as why he's not needed next year, but I don't blame him the same way I don't place all the blame on Chad and TO. The scheme being placed upon the offense has more to do with it that what you simply see from the stats of the players forced to work in that scheme.

As for the mention somewhere of this team being 4-12 at best without Chad and TO, I simply point to this seasons record with them.

Better said ??

Hey Chad and T.O...

F*CK OFF !!!

This is remarkable to me, you wrote basically an article on the disappointment of the season and didn't mention Carson Palmer name at all? Chad and TO name takes a backseat to his name when it comes to talking about the disappointing season. People are killing me talking about what worked for us last year, we got Ghenghis Khaned at the end of the year. Who the hell did we beat last year that was decent outside of the AFC North? Straight up we wasn't that good last year, our schedule was weak outside of the AFC, when we played a playoff team we lost. We got beat down at home in the playoffs by a rookie quarterback, only our fans would bring up a season like last year like we were something. The only bragging rights we had was sweeping the AFC North and all of those were close games the ball didn't bounce our way in those games like it did last year, other than that nothing to brag about. We got a first place team schedule this year and we were exposed for what we really are. The quarterback play has not been up to par and that's scary seeing that the quarterback has been working with the same coordinator since his inception in the league, we keep talking about Bratkowski play calling but shouldn't at this point Carson have some kind of input into the offense? Bengals won't win anything with Palmer at the helm, I don't give a damn who the coach is he's shot, what strikes me the most is his ability to read defenses, what happened? I heard Rich Gannon talking about him and I respect what he says about quarterback play then anybody else on this board and he said that he did see some slopply routes by the receivers but overall Palmer quarterback play was horrendous at times. I hope Palmer proves me wrong because I know he's not going anywhere but I just don't see us winning games in the playoffs with him.

This is remarkable to me, you wrote basically an article on the disappointment of the season and didn't mention Carson Palmer name at all? Chad and TO name takes a backseat to his name when it comes to talking about the disappointing season. People are killing me talking about what worked for us last year, we got Ghenghis Khaned at the end of the year. Who the hell did we beat last year that was decent outside of the AFC North? Straight up we wasn't that good last year, our schedule was weak outside of the AFC, when we played a playoff team we lost. We got beat down at home in the playoffs by a rookie quarterback, only our fans would bring up a season like last year like we were something. The only bragging rights we had was sweeping the AFC North and all of those were close games the ball didn't bounce our way in those games like it did last year, other than that nothing to brag about. We got a first place team schedule this year and we were exposed for what we really are. The quarterback play has not been up to par and that's scary seeing that the quarterback has been working with the same coordinator since his inception in the league, we keep talking about Bratkowski play calling but shouldn't at this point Carson have some kind of input into the offense? Bengals won't win anything with Palmer at the helm, I don't give a damn who the coach is he's shot, what strikes me the most is his ability to read defenses, what happened? I heard Rich Gannon talking about him and I respect what he says about quarterback play then anybody else on this board and he said that he did see some slopply routes by the receivers but overall Palmer quarterback play was horrendous at times. I hope Palmer proves me wrong because I know he's not going anywhere but I just don't see us winning games in the playoffs with him.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :sure:

Better said ??

Hey Chad and T.O...

F*CK OFF !!!

Even more remarkable ?? Where did I give Carson ANY credit for what he has done this season in that whole write up ??

Easily said, you can throw almost any player from the offense in the conversation and for me it still comes down to the scheme being ran and how the offense changed due to the personnel brought in. TO, Gresham, and Shipley were all brought in to "compliment" the running game that did IN FACT work the season before. So my question is, how did that compliment work out ??

Sure we didn't do well down the stretch last year, but so many people are willing to look at injuries THIS season and try to blame our record on that when the season was well lost before any injuries to starter positions took their toll. Last season, all of the key player injuries took place at the end of the season when things really started to matter. There was a DIRECT impact last season. Not so much this season.

So again, they should have built on what they did last year and that blame goes to the coaching staff. Carson ?? Yeah, just an absolute goatf*ck of a season, one I never would have expected from him. Now, again, you have to ask why. This is by NO MEANS giving him an out, because he is the only one throwing up picks 6's out there. However, I said it many times. Last year the TE spot was a mess and they got through it by placing another OL in that spot, which allowed this particular o-line to excel at run blocking, gave Benson all kinds of opportunities, and also allowed Carson to sit back and let the scheme run itself to a degree.

This season, they went and got the best TE in the draft, involved the TE in passing plays, which removed the OL from last season from the line and IN TURN, exposed what was the greatest weakness of this o-line, PASS BLOCKING. Again, not giving Carson a pass here, but it was a fundamental change in how the offense was ran this season and the majority of that blame falls directly at the feet of the coaches. They failed miserably and should pay the price for those decisions.

Maybe someone would like to mention how I failed to mention the fact we had no fullback either ?? Yeah, throw that in as well.

Oh, and for the record, when you find a way to sweep the AFCN, you improve upon it, not abandon it.

Exactly what i have been saying the whole time, they bring in TO and all of sudden forget how to run the ball! Running the ball and playing defense is what got them somewhere last year, and they abandoned it as fast as TO signed his contract.

Sure we can all blame Palmer, i will admit he cant read defenses like he used to, but he has no HELP!!! Where was the running game all year, that should have helped out to open up the passing game. How about the two divas actully run the right routes, and actully try to catch passes (yes even the ones that might not hit them on there hands!) So no doubt Palmer is not the same, and im starting to think it might be time for a change, but they also didnt help Palmer out much this year. When the Bengals actully run the ball 30+ times they can actully win games, because Palmers not trying to force the ball, and it opens up passes down the field!

Ced blamed it all on Chad and T.O., now he's looking like a prophet. Those dysfunctional personalities messed this team up, and I take today's win over the Chargers as more evidence in support of that.

Chad & TO or no, he still can't hold on to the f**king ball.

screw cedric benson.

screw cedric benson.

I think it was late 3rd, maybe early 4th quarter, Ced on two runs gets the ball, has to plant both feet to stop as there is no hole, he bounces like a madman to the side, and accelerates for a gain. And that's from a guy who runs with power. How many times is that first contact behind the line and he still gets a gain out of it?

I agree the fumbling is not acceptable, but I dont know how you can say screw Ced Benson. He is a team player, gives full effort on every play, and just plays hardnosed football no matter what. That kind of thing is needed in Cincinnati. I hope they sign him.