Blaming It All On Chad and T.O.

COB

Steven Jackson does have a pretty good line honestly,.. You wanna see a bad line,.. check out the seahawks and cards... There run game blows,.. but every time ced does bad, he has no real holes, he rarely misses a hole. But when theres no hole what can a guy do,.. Corey dillon did ok but he's different. Ced's my favorite player. I truly hope we get him on a 3 year deal, sounds good to me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as our two prima donnas got sent to the locker room to admire each other or twitter or whatever, things suddenly got very real on the floor at Paul Brown Stadium.

I'll take it a step further.

This seasons top four receivers managed just 5 receptions and 56 yards in the victory. Combined.

Better still, despite throwing mostly to one WR who has barely played this season and another who never plays Palmer managed a clean turnover free game. No heated sideline conversations with his receivers about route running, hot reads, or why the WR didn't bother tackling the guy who just intercepted the pass. Even more remarkable, the King of Sluggoland, Dennis Roland, suddenly wasn't a liability anymore.

I could get used to this, again, if they'd let me.

For those of you who attempt to blast Benson for demanding the ball...keep in mind he wasn't alone.

Obviously. And like Chad or TO, he was quite willing to pout when he didn't get it, like he did last season when he got dinged and they brought in LJ, and like he did for much of this year when he wasn't getting fed the rock (at least he had the good sense to zip it after he started fumbling a lot). As to post-game comments, I especially liked Benson's mention of how he was running hard Sunday for a new contract, presumably elsewhere. Like I said before, I'm glad he finally found his motivation.

And like Chad or TO, he was quite willing to pout when he didn't get it, like he did last season when he got dinged and they brought in LJ, and like he did for much of this year when he wasn't getting fed the rock (at least he had the good sense to zip it after he started fumbling a lot). As to post-game comments, I especially liked Benson's mention of how he was running hard Sunday for a new contract, presumably elsewhere. Like I said before, I'm glad he finally found his motivation.

"But if people are unaware of the obvious, I have no control over that." --- Cedric Benson

Again, in the above remark I believe Benson is speaking directly to guys like you and Bratkowski. And there's the rub because while you frequently criticize Bratkowski you're actually cut from the very same cloth. You advocate the same things, make the same excuses, use the same crap stats to justify failure, and if there's any difference between you and him it's so small I won't bother wondering for long what it might be.

I find it amazing how you mock Benson's apparent desire to play for another team even while you blast away at this teams coaching staff and ownership in other threads. For example, now that it's become blatantly obvious to everyone you blast away at the way Marvin Lewis has mishandled Carlos Dunlap, yet because of your love of all things passing you apparently can't bring yourself to consider that he might have mishandled other players, including Benson. In fact, if you were right about things even half the time shouldn't the first question you ask yourself wonder why Benson wouldn't want to leave?

Far too often your left-brain doesn't seem to know what your right-brain is thinking, and IMHO nearly everything you written this season is based upon that disconnection....especially your silly claim that nothing about this teams offensive core strategy has been changed. Even crazier, you just watched them change back and you still couldn't grasp the obvious.

I find it amazing how you mock Benson's apparent desire to play for another team

I'm not mocking Benson's desire to play for another team. Hell, didn't I advocate for the Bengals to release Dillon all those years ago because he deserved better? I'm simply saying I'm glad he found a reason to turn it on Sunday. If he'd said he played hard because Marvin promised to take him to see the new Yogi Bear movie if he got over 100 yards, I would have been just as happy.

even while you blast away at this teams coaching staff and ownership in other threads. For example, now that it's become blatantly obvious to everyone you blast away at the way Marvin Lewis has mishandled Carlos Dunlap, yet because of your love of all things passing you apparently can't bring yourself to consider that he might have mishandled other players,

It's a sad thing the way weed plays hell with the human memory. Have I not hammered this staff over the way it made a hash of Robert Geathers? Or the way it seems intent on ruining MJ the same way? Or their longstanding predilection of drafting players and trying to make them things they ain't, like Pollack or Akili Smith?

including Benson. In fact, if you were right about things even half the time shouldn't the first question you ask yourself wonder why Benson wouldn't want to leave?

Same reason everyone else who ever wanted to leave did: we suck.

From the Hobnob....

Musings

December 21, 2010 – 5:58 pm

_Biggest thing to come out of Sunday's win besides the pass rush was the eyebrows that were raised by the blocking of the young wide receivers in the run game. Running back Cedric Benson has been a sitting duck for unblocked safeties all year. It looks different when they get blocked, huh?

Head coach Marvin Lewis has been fuming about it for years. And that's one thing that Laveranues Coles willingly did last year and what Antonio Bryant was ready to do this year. Terrell Owens was brilliant at times (Jordan Shipley's 64-yard run-and-catch in Atlanta), but wouldn't always bring it. Same with The Ocho. Sometimes. Not always. But Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson were willing participants every snap.

And you could tell.

But to blame for what, being themselves?

Yes.

As to Brat, how in the world could he possibly keep his job? Is there anyone in all of Bengaldom who thinks he's done an adequate job? No one I've talked to. If he's back, it will be an outrage.

This is the only way I will continue to be a season ticket holder. If Brat stays, I go. This year has been demoralizing and I cant see dropping more money if those in charge are not held accountable. The only other way I come back is if they offer 2 free popcorns.

Its funny how Ced blames Chad and Ocho for asking for the ball when he is doing the exact same thing.

I don't think they are the same thing. One has to look at what is unsaid in both requests for the ball.

In Chad and T.O., it's "throw me the ball, so I can get on sportscenter, get more viewers for my reality show, feed my insatiable ego, and just generally glorify the fabulousness that is me. We'll lose the game but who cares?"

In Ced's case, it's, "hand me the ball so we can grind their defense down, keep their offense off the field, and win the game."

Does anyone honestly doubt the above interpretation of the motives of those 3 players? Ced's the farthest thing from an attention whore. He just wants to win, get another contract, and go through life ugly.

Why were the Cleveland defenders laying on the turf at PBS Sunday, bruised, trampled, and humiliated? It wasn't because Chad caught a TD, posed for 30 seconds, pulled a prop out of the goal post, proposed to a cheerleader, etc.

As soon as our two prima donnas got sent to the locker room to admire each other or twitter or whatever, things suddenly got very real on the floor at Paul Brown Stadium.

I like Ced. I really do, but he has also had some moments where he should just keep his mouth shut. It is awesome he has changes his life around and seems to be a real grounded player now. I get that. At this point in his career , he is far more likeable than Chad.

But no one this year gets a pass. Its easy for Ced to talk after a 150 yard game. He should lead by example. Be a leader in the locker room. Lord knows this team needs one. Not someone who has no problem calling out 2 players who have accomplished way more than he has in the NFL. Not someone that is just barely on the outskirts of an easy suspension if he has any kind of alcoholic issues for the rest of his career.

Its funny how Ced blames Chad and Ocho for asking for the ball when he is doing the exact same thing.

You noticed that too, eh?

Im very curious when Chad is gone who is gonna be the fall guy.

Probably Palmer.

A lot of people forget that Ced was whining, b*tching, practicing half assed, and had a real bad attitude because he didn't want to share carries with Thomas Jones in Chicago.....This is nothing new!

From the Hobnob....

Musings

_Biggest thing to come out of Sunday's win besides the pass rush was the eyebrows that were raised by the blocking of the young wide receivers in the run game. Running back Cedric Benson has been a sitting duck for unblocked safeties all year. It looks different when they get blocked, huh?

Head coach Marvin Lewis has been fuming about it for years. And that's one thing that Laveranues Coles willingly did last year and what Antonio Bryant was ready to do this year. Terrell Owens was brilliant at times (Jordan Shipley's 64-yard run-and-catch in Atlanta), but wouldn't always bring it. Same with The Ocho. Sometimes. Not always. But Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson were willing participants every snap.

And you could tell.

This begs the question. Why hasn't Jerome Simpson gotten more snaps this year? What is wrong with him? Is Marvin afraid of a Chad tantrum? Was it a Mikey call? Give the kids the field the last two games. Let them learn, or cut them.

And another thing. We know what we have in Benson. Start Scott. See if he can handle the contact for 20-25 carries. If you have any intention of resigning Benson, then limit his carries to extend his RB life. If you dont have any intention of signing him LIMIT his carries, because who does it help except for Benson's wallet.

From the Hobnob....

Musings

I not buying that BS! When safeties come to up to stop the run, they don't line up over a WR that enables a block to happen..

From the Hobnob....

Musings

And you could tell.

This is what loved about Sunday watching these guys come out and play hard on every snap. Even if they were not getting the ball on every play, they were blocking hard. Its about time this team got back to what they did best a year ago, what they were built for before bringing in TO. I still wish they had Bryant instead of TO just because i would have loved to seen if the offense would have been any different. I actully cant wait for the next two games, even though i expect losses im happy to see the young guys play, and get better for the future!

"But if people are unaware of the obvious, I have no control over that." --- Cedric Benson

I'm now looking directly at Hoosier, Pimp, and after donning protective glasses....the Fat Old Sun. Point blank, if you guys haven't gotten it by now you never will.

For those of you who attempt to blast Benson for demanding the ball...keep in mind he wasn't alone. Anthony Collins remarks are just as strong as Benson's, as were Andrew Whitworths postgame remarks, not included in the article. For those who missed it, Whitworth referred to Benson as "The Bossman" and was clearly thrilled by the return to last years Smashball strategy. In fact, taken as a whole the only thing remarkable about the things Benson said is the way they point to a sharply divided lockerroom.

C'mon Hair, you know that if you ask 100 Offensive Lineman AT LEAST 99 (if not all 100) will say they prefer Run-Blocking to Pass-Blocking.

Why hasn't Jerome Simpson gotten more snaps this year? What is wrong with him?

The same things that are right about him. Specifically, he isn't Chad and he isn't Owens.

If you have any intention of resigning Benson, then limit his carries to extend his RB life. If you dont have any intention of signing him LIMIT his carries, because who does it help except for Benson's wallet.

So no matter what their intentions are the guy who just carried this team on his back for it's first victory in months deserves fewer touches?

I'm starting to think most Bengal fans are getting the team they deserve.

I'm now looking directly at Hoosier, Pimp, and after donning protective glasses....the Fat Old Sun. Point blank, if you guys haven't gotten it by now you never will.

For those of you who attempt to blast Benson for demanding the ball...keep in mind he wasn't alone. Anthony Collins remarks are just as strong as Benson's, as were Andrew Whitworths postgame remarks, not included in the article. For those who missed it, Whitworth referred to Benson as "The Bossman" and was clearly thrilled by the return to last years Smashball strategy. In fact, taken as a whole the only thing remarkable about the things Benson said is the way they point to a sharply divided lockerroom.

C'mon Hair, you know that if you ask 100 Offensive Lineman AT LEAST 99 (if not all 100) will say they prefer Run-Blocking to Pass-Blocking.

100 out of 100 O-Lineman prefer winning to losing.

Just putting that out there.

Yeah, and QB's always want to win by throwing the ball and WR's always claim they're open even when triple covered.

Meanwhile, this team still hasn't won a football game this season by throwing the ball.

From the Hobnob....

Musings

December 21, 2010 5:58 pm

I not buying that BS! When safeties come to up to stop the run, they don't line up over a WR that enables a block to happen..

I'm with you. The players the WR's will block are the CB's.....CB's line up outside....Benson runs mostly right up the middle. You can't knock the WR's for downfield blocking when your RB never makes it downfield. If I were to notice Benson being tackled by CB's often, I would say it's a problem, but that's not the case.

That would be a bigger problem with a RB like Scott, who knows? maybe that's why they don't play him?

No full quote from me either. How typically Hair when hung out to dry.

Oh, have I been hung out to dry?

Well, how so?

After all, it's Hobson's analysis you and Pimp refuse to buy.

Then again, what Hobson has claimed isn't anything new, is it?

Because Chad's miserable blocking is well established....as is Owens sporadic willingness. And not so coincidentally Caldwell last played serious minutes a year ago, the last time the Bengals running game consistently produced. In fact, this season Caldwell has seen most of his playing time given to a tiny sprite. As for Simpson, I repeatedly praised his blocking in preseason games, the last time he was seen before Sundays action.

More importantly, at least in regards to hanging someone out to dry, if you bother reading the game thead you'll stumble across at least one poster who very clearly witnessed and wrote about the very same things Hobson later offered.

Obviously I'm not talking about you....because all you do lately is mush mouth about Palmer.

Nor am I talking about Hoosier or Pimp or anybody else who still refuses to acknowledge the things that are happening right infront of their pickled faces.

Rather, the only guy who was aware enough to see what Hobson later wrote about was Volcom69.

In fact, he was impressed enough to mention Caldwell and Simpsons superior blocking multiple times during the game thread.

In short, our boy Volcom was able to see what was happening while it was happening, which all too frequently is a very rare and special thing around here.

I hereby offer him the props you're not getting.

And here's the best part.

Try as you might you'll quickly find out how you can't hang anyone out to dry if they're right.

And he is.

Conversely, you're not right. However, you do seem to be in good company.

So there's that.

No full quote from me either. How typically Hair when hung out to dry.

Oh, have I been hung out to dry?

Well, how so?

After all, it's Hobson's analysis you and Pimp refuse to buy.

Then again, what Hobson has claimed isn't anything new, is it?

Because Chad's miserable blocking is well established....as is Owens sporadic willingness. And not so coincidentally Caldwell last played serious minutes a year ago, the last time the Bengals running game consistently produced. In fact, this season Caldwell has seen most of his playing time given to a tiny sprite. As for Simpson, I repeatedly praised his blocking in preseason games, the last time he was seen before Sundays action.

More importantly, at least in regards to hanging someone out to dry, if you bother reading the game thead you'll stumble across at least one poster who very clearly witnessed and wrote about the very same things Hobson later offered.

Obviously I'm not talking about you....because all you do lately is mush mouth about Palmer.

Nor am I talking about Hoosier or Pimp or anybody else who still refuses to acknowledge the things that are happening right infront of their pickled faces.

Rather, the only guy who was aware enough to see what Hobson later wrote about was Volcom69.

In fact, he was impressed enough to mention Caldwell and Simpsons superior blocking multiple times during the game thread.

In short, our boy Volcom was able to see what was happening while it was happening, which all too frequently is a very rare and special thing around here.

I hereby offer him the props you're not getting.

And here's the best part.

Try as you might you'll quickly find out how you can't hang anyone out to dry if they're right.

And he is.

Conversely, you're not right. However, you do seem to be in good company.

So there's that.

The reason i noticed it was because i have been waiting for it all year!

They screwed this whole season up, by becoming a pass happy team, and getting away from what made them successful!!

So all year we were stuck with watching 2 diva WR that only cared about themselves, only gave a crap when they wanted too, and cared more about tweeting and there facebook page then studing the next team there playing. Everybody wants to give all this credit to Owens when the only time he really tried for the ball is when Carson would actully hit him in the hands, other then that he didnt try!!

Simpson and Caldwell gave this team something they have not had all year, two WR that cared more about winning then caring about themselves.

Carson finally looked half decent because he didnt have to worry about forcing the ball to a diva, he could spread the ball around and didnt have to worry about making one person happy. Not to mention they actully ran the ball which helped Carson out and didnt put everything on him.

The reason i noticed it was because i have been waiting for it all year!

They screwed this whole season up, by becoming a pass happy team, and getting away from what made them successful!!

So all year we were stuck with watching 2 diva WR that only cared about themselves, only gave a crap when they wanted too, and cared more about tweeting and there facebook page then studing the next team there playing. Everybody wants to give all this credit to Owens when the only time he really tried for the ball is when Carson would actully hit him in the hands, other then that he didnt try!!

Simpson and Caldwell gave this team something they have not had all year, two WR that cared more about winning then caring about themselves.

Carson finally looked half decent because he didnt have to worry about forcing the ball to a diva, he could spread the ball around and didnt have to worry about making one person happy. Not to mention they actully ran the ball which helped Carson out and didnt put everything on him.

I agree completely, of course.

That said, others will hate you for saying this stuff...especially if you keep repeating it each time they say something stupid.

Stay strong.

Reject Hoosierian douchebaggery.

Kill the mush-mouthers.

Embrace their hatred.

Point and laugh.

:cheers:

I agree completely, of course.

That said, others will hate you for saying this stuff...especially if you keep repeating it each time they say something stupid.

Stay strong.

Reject Hoosierian douchebaggery.

Kill the mush-mouthers.

Embrace their hatred.

Point and laugh.

We beat(barely) the Browns at the end of the season when both were out of the playoffs, if we beat either the Chargers or Ratbirds with the same formula then you are on to something. Yes I know we beat the Ratbirds already but that was in spite of the offense. It's funny how people are trying to pin the blame on these two, but they are not the one's forcing the ball to guys that aren't open. If we had a quarterback with a leadership bone in his body that wasn't looking to appease them then we would be fine.

...if we beat either the Chargers or Ratbirds with the same formula then you are on to something.

And if they lose to both using the same methods that wrecked the season after a handful of games what will you say? Stay the course? Keep shoveling?

It's funny how people are trying to pin the blame on these two, but they are not the one's forcing the ball to guys that aren't open.

Well, why aren't they open? And why does the QB throw so many forced passes? Why doesn't the system work?

If we had a quarterback with a leadership bone in his body that wasn't looking to appease them then we would be fine.

And if this team didn't have two diva wideouts who constantly need to be appeased we'd be even better.

...if we beat either the Chargers or Ratbirds with the same formula then you are on to something.

And if they lose to both using the same methods that wrecked the season after a handful of games what will you say? Stay the course? Keep shoveling?

How about realize that bum you have playing quarterback is shot and let's move on for the future of the team. No let's do the Bengals thing and wait for two more years until Shipley and Gresham and the rest of this rookie class get numb to losing and then ship him out.

It's funny how people are trying to pin the blame on these two, but they are not the one's forcing the ball to guys that aren't open.

Well, why aren't they open? And why does the QB throw so many forced passes? Why doesn't the system work?

Last time I checked both of them was still in the top 10 in the AFC in receiving so they must be open sometime brah, stop making stuff up like they are not never open. Let me know what receiver is open on every play?

If we had a quarterback with a leadership bone in his body that wasn't looking to appease them then we would be fine.

And if this team didn't have two diva wideouts who constantly need to be appeased we'd be even better.

LOL, if you say so, I will give you 4-12 without them.