Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

Please trade back, get as many draft picks as you can!!

Even if you trade back, to like the 10th spot or so you will still have you choice of great players. Julio Jones will be there and i think he will be just as good as Green!

Fairly might be there

Peterson might be there

So trade and get some more picks, they need to fill some holes!!!

I agree. Look how the Patriots do it? And they always have extra picks to move up if they need too.

Personally I like the kid from Nevada (Colin Kapernick). He's got size, can run and can throw. Probably a second or third rounder.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5 :P

1.)Andrew Luck (won't be there ><)

2.)AJ Green

3.)Cam Newton (some say he's mid round but with how he's played and how his combine will go I'm sure he'll be considered top 5 selection come draft day

4.)Daquan Bowers (I'm Starting to lean away from DE in the 1st Dunlap should be a starter for years to come and they've had MJ play DE all season so switching him to LB next year with just set him back further let him stay at DE since he already has 2 years of experience doing it....He can stand up every now and then

5.)Patrick Peterson

Please trade back, get as many draft picks as you can!!

Even if you trade back, to like the 10th spot or so you will still have you choice of great players. Julio Jones will be there and i think he will be just as good as Green!

Fairly might be there

Peterson might be there

So trade and get some more picks, they need to fill some holes!!!

That's what she said.

First of all, you guys need to stop preaching the whole trading down idea. As much as I agree with you you need to realize that this is only a dream and it will never become a reality. Do you really think SoP is going to waste a chance at trying to make a little extra keesh selling a top 5 picks jersery and s**t? We doo need to trade down and select offensive line rounds 1-3 but it wont happen.

Maybe someone can perform Inception on SoP and plant the idea in his mind-- but we are all dreaming.

Look, this entire draft especially the top 10 are going to be determined by what Mr.Luck decides. He'll probably declare, but if he doesnt it will get intresting. I foresee either Fairley or Green being there.

I agree they need to do something with this o-line in the draft, they should also look at FA for some help. Anyway we look at it its to rebuild this o-line for the future.

My top 5 :P

1.)Andrew Luck (won't be there ><)

2.)AJ Green

3.)Cam Newton (some say he's mid round but with how he's played and how his combine will go I'm sure he'll be considered top 5 selection come draft day

4.)Daquan Bowers

5.)Patrick Peterson

I like your top 5, here is mine:

1.) Andrew Luck

2.) Patrick Peterson--Best player in the draft

3.) Nick Fairley-- put him on this d-line...one word: Unstoppable

4.) Cam Newton-- a lot better player than people think

5.) AJ Green

I agree they need to do something with this o-line in the draft, they should also look at FA for some help. Anyway we look at it its to rebuild this o-line for the future.

Fire Paul Alexander

Draft a LT in Rnd 2

Move Whitworth to RT

Andre Smith to RG

Resign Evan Mathis to play LG

Draft a backup Center who will have a chance compete against cook

PS,Acourse would be nice to sign Tyson Clabo or Doug Free via Free agency but remember Mike Brown runs this team.

Per bengals.com

The Bengals have secured the fourth pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Cincinnati finished 4-12 as did Denver and Buffalo. The Broncos were awarded the No. 2 pick based on lowest strength of schedule. Accordingly, the Bills get the No. 3 pick while the Bengals will pick fourth.

Per bengals.com

The Bengals have secured the fourth pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Cincinnati finished 4-12 as did Denver and Buffalo. The Broncos were awarded the No. 2 pick based on lowest strength of schedule. Accordingly, the Bills get the No. 3 pick while the Bengals will pick fourth.

That's Bullsh*t

Strength of schedule was as follows:

Bengals .582 opponents winning percentage

Bills .578

Broncos .520

Don't care for this tie-breaker scenario....

Per bengals.com

That's Bullsh*t

Strength of schedule was as follows:

Bengals .582 opponents winning percentage

Bills .578

Broncos .520

Don't care for this tie-breaker scenario....

ya its kinda BS :P we should pick 1st since we had toughest schedule lol...I dont care about broncos picking in front of us but the Bills? BLEH

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/01/03/on-the-clock-with-the-fourth-pick/

With wins by Indianapolis and San Diego in the late games, the Bengals fell to the fourth pick in the NFL Draft. Buffalo’s opponents finished with 148 total wins and the Bengals had 149. Denver was the runaway clubhouse leader among the three teams at 4-12 with 132 total wins.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/34930/projected-2011-nfl-draft-order

Updated draft order of all teams. BTW, the Bengals opponents had the highest winining percentage at .582.

That is interesting.

It's also interesting to note that the Browns, who supposedly got a "last place schedule", in reality got the 4th hardest schedule in the league, even harder than Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Of course one way to have your schedule look tough is to lose lots of games

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/34930/projected-2011-nfl-draft-order

Updated draft order of all teams. BTW, the Bengals opponents had the highest winining percentage at .582.

That is interesting.

It's also interesting to note that the Browns, who supposedly got a "last place schedule", in reality got the 4th hardest schedule in the league, even harder than Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Of course one way to have your schedule look tough is to lose lots of games

The Browns/Bengals almost always have a tougher schedule than the Steelers/Ravens because they play each other twice. The Browns have to play the Steelers twice... bumping up the percentage. The Steelers get to play the Browns twice... bumping down their percentage.

That is interesting.

The Browns/Bengals almost always have a tougher schedule than the Steelers/Ravens because they play each other twice. The Browns have to play the Steelers twice... bumping up the percentage. The Steelers get to play the Browns twice... bumping down their percentage.

Yeah, when you suck, you cant play yourself.

Did anyone see our schedule next year....Wow

Denver

'Zona (home)

Seattle

St.Louis(home)

Houston (home)

Indy (home)

Jax

SF (home)

Buffalo

Tennessee

Clex2

Pitx2

Baltx2

1 out of conference team above 0.500 (indy)

should easily win 6 games.

On the list of prospect we could be looking at, there is no way Luck will be available. Buffalo absolutely cannot pass up on him if he's there, and in my opinion, Carolina shouldn't pass on him either. I think the's guys are all possibilities:

Nick Fairley - I don't think that DT is a huge need, but a potential rotation of Fairley, Atkins and Peko is pretty damn scary. I think the more preferrable option would be to hope that Stephen Paea is there in the second (but he probably won't be).

Patrick Peterson - He's a shutdown corner who many feel will end up playing at safety because of his size (6'1" 225 lbs.) I've been bitching about our need for a premier safety for years now, and I think it might finally be the time.

A.J. Green - Probably the best receiver to come out since Calvin Johnson. I would love to ditch the divas and pick him up.

DaQuan Bowers - Carlos is great, but if their not sold on MJ they could take a run at Bowers, who's the draft's premier pass rusher.

With this management, you also can't rule out some insane Ryan Mallett / Jake Locker / Cam Newton type picks. I just pray it's not Mallett.

Interesting. I've seen speculation that Gabbert will rise but mostly it's linked to Luck deciding to stay in school. But who knows, the Great Draft Hype Machine hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Don't get me started about McShay as each year he seems like the perfect example of so-called draft experts willing to pimp undeserving prospects in exchange for pay.

That said, if Gabbert does indeed begin showing up on Bengal short lists you can expect a steady diet of Inspector Gabbert postings from yours truly. (Go Go Gabbert arms!)