Bengals v Browns Gameday Thread

jjakq27

And it looks like we might have our #1 WR after all, good to see OchoNoshow get showed up by Caldwell

and I hear he blocks as well? what, WRs can block? who here in Cincinnati knew such a thing was possible?

I am remembering back in the spring when the word was that Caldwell was the most improved player. Sounds like he was ready to go, but like the situation with Dunlap, they decided to go with the 'proven' players (the highly compensated Two Loon Platoon) instead

89 yards for Caldwell and now he qualified as the No.1? He got 53 of those on a screen which had excellent blocking and a wide open field.

I like the production, but if Caldwell lines up as No. 1 next year we are in trouble. Caldwell has had three years to prove himself and so has Simpson. Neither are reliable and both have the propensity of disappearing while being in the game.

I also like how Caldwell celebrated after every single catch. Its been awhile since he has contributed. It has to be exciting.I guess that can be blamed on the loons rubbing off on him.

Caldwell = stopwatch fast but not football fast - hence his below 9 yards average per catch. Come back when he hauls a pass in over his shoulder. One day he will figure out which to turn to when the ball is coming his way.

I hope I am wrong. maybe he is just slow to develop. Like most of the projects this team has.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about that they won without needing the divas today. They got back to running the ball, the o-line played awsome, and Carson had time to throw, and spread the ball around. Redzone offense sucked of course, but i was still happy with the offense played. I feel they can get rid of the Divas and still be ok!!!

Good one to win. It felt a little like a game from last year. I wonder why we ever parted with that concept this year. I wish I was a fly on the wall in their coaches meetings to hear the answer. Brat became a pass-a-holic this year when he should have ridden Benson more, especially earlier in games.

That's gotta be a huge relief regardless of what happens after the season. Good game fellas!

I sure am glad that Marvin kept Dunlap on the bench all year until it didn't matter anymore.

Yeah they said he didn't have a grasp of the playbook to warrant more playing time. Looks like he learned pretty fast to me.

HMMMMMM how many sacks does Dunlap have now?????

I think it's 6.5, two shy of the high-motor guy Justin Smith's rookie record.

89 yards for Caldwell and now he qualified as the No.1?

Perhaps my natural optimism and my desire to see the two loon platoon depart this city as soon as humanly possible got the best of me

Anyhow, Caldwell was solidly good two years ago too, as I recall

He caught two game winners last year against two of the biggest and baddest defenses (at least that's what they say) in the NFL.

How about that they won without needing the divas today. They got back to running the ball, the o-line played awsome, and Carson had time to throw, and spread the ball around. Redzone offense sucked of course, but i was still happy with the offense played. I feel they can get rid of the Divas and still be ok!!!

Good one to win. It felt a little like a game from last year. I wonder why we ever parted with that concept this year. I wish I was a fly on the wall in their coaches meetings to hear the answer. Brat became a pass-a-holic this year when he should have ridden Benson more, especially earlier in games.

That's gotta be a huge relief regardless of what happens after the season. Good game fellas!

First time all year that Benson had 30 carries, how stupid is that. Just because you bring in TO dosnt mean you have to get away from what took you to the playoffs one year ago. TO goes down and all of sudden you run it 30 times. Maybe they actully spent all week working on run blocking, because i havnt see this offense line blow people up like this since last year. This is what i was expecting all year from this team, and they finally showed up.

The defense gave up some big plays but all in all they were not that bad. Considering how banged up they are, and all the young guys playing, i am excited about the defense line in the future. However im not so excited about the LBs there should be more talent from these guys and i have yet to see it, i just hope its Dahni last year, and Rey moves in, and Brandon Johnson then takes over with the LB.

Good one to win. It felt a little like a game from last year. I wonder why we ever parted with that concept this year.

Less that they parted with it than that they couldn't do it. The Bengals haven't been able to run the ball very well all year, and have ended up in passing situations after falling behind. I thought this, from da site, was telling...

"I was foolish enough to question myself," Benson said. "Self doubt, not necessarily growing roots, but presenting itself, and finally things came together . ... Another additive to the emotion, this is the reality of the business, and it's the reality of my life and career. I don't have a deal next year. Along with everything, I'm running for a deal. That's part of the emotion, too."

Well, Ced, glad you finally found a reason to show up...

Guys, a win is a win. There shouldn't be any strategy in trying or hoping to lose the game.

I never advocated that in any way!

I'm convinced that it won't matter who we pick anyway. As I said last week, unless there is a slotting system in place, we will have a hold out that causes our guy to miss OTA's and camp and he will be deemed "un-ready" until the middle of the season, thus creating another lost season for another high draft pick..

Finally Simpson active, but he probably wont play. I just wish they would let him play sit TO or Ocho or hell sit both let Simpson play please

Who else was inactive? I didn't see Coffman on the field today.

Simpson made some plays today, i hope Carson gets him the ball more next week. I would like to see what Simpson can bring before the end of the season, so more Simpson please!

Guys, a win is a win. There shouldn't be any strategy in trying or hoping to lose the game.

I never advocated that in any way!

I'm convinced that it won't matter who we pick anyway. As I said last week, unless there is a slotting system in place, we will have a hold out that causes our guy to miss OTA's and camp and he will be deemed "un-ready" until the middle of the season, thus creating another lost season for another high draft pick..

If there is a new CBA there will be a slotting system no team will sign a rookie before CBA is done.all teams want it all NFL vets want this

Look out world! A win today has just been guaranteed! JEROME SIMPSON IS ACTIVE!!!!! :lmao:

inactives per reedy:

LeFevour (third QB), CB Wade, RB Peerman, C Stephens, LB Rey, OT Chambers, TE Coffman, DE Adeyanju.

Thanks Hoos. I think I was so stunned to see Simpson's name that I stopped reading after that. :sure:

89 yards for Caldwell and now he qualified as the No.1?

Perhaps my natural optimism and my desire to see the two loon platoon depart this city as soon as humanly possible got the best of me

Anyhow, Caldwell was solidly good two years ago too, as I recall

Whether people will talk about it or not... I think most of us know deep in out hearts that AJ Green will be the #1 WR on this team next season.

Caldwell can be a decent #2. I'm still holding out hope that Simpson can be a good WR. Shipley is great in the slot. Chad and T.O. will be gone.

It is interesting that in our first game this yr vs the Browns, TO had over 200 yards in a losing effort. Yesterday he was shut out and the Bengals won. Remember that when we see TO unemployed for most of the off season once again. It also says something about Bratkowski and how he puts together a game plan