Bengals-Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My stance is this: You can hoot and damn hollar for a new QB. That's fine. I'm screaming for a ***damn new OL and OC. When some "new" FA or college QB comes in here with the same system don't be shocked when he gets his ass handed to him.

Palmer deserves alot of the blame. Yes. I would bet however, his play will improve with the above mentioned. Run Palmer out of town and I guarantee we will suck throughly for at least 3 years.

I got three names for you. Willie Anderson, Levi Jones and Richie Braham. Does anyone think we ever adequately replaced them? I would say maybe with Whitworth but he's good for a false start every game. And it's usually during a critical point in the game.

Until this franchise addresses their O-line and stops trying to ask Alexander to make cake out of cows**t, then this is what we're gonna get no matter who the QB is.

My stance is this: You can hoot and damn hollar for a new QB. That's fine. I'm screaming for a ***damn new OL and OC. When some "new" FA or college QB comes in here with the same system don't be shocked when he gets his ass handed to him.

Palmer deserves alot of the blame. Yes. I would bet however, his play will improve with the above mentioned. Run Palmer out of town and I guarantee we will suck throughly for at least 3 years.

I got three names for you. Willie Anderson, Levi Jones and Richie Braham. Does anyone think we ever adequately replaced them? I would say maybe with Whitworth but he's good for a false start every game. And it's usually during a critical point in the game.

Until this franchise addresses their O-line and stops trying to ask Alexander to make cake out of cows**t, then this is what we're gonna get no matter who the QB is.

Yep.

This team HAS NOT been the same since Braham went down. At that point we were 3-0 in 2006. The rest is...well...

Yep.

This team HAS NOT been the same since Braham went down. At that point we were 3-0 in 2006. The rest is...well...

....history. Pollack broke his neck the week before and Odell got picked up for his DUI that night........

Yep this team has failed to replace the most important part of the team the o-line. Since those guys have left, look what happened to Palmer.....he has never been the same. He has gotten hurt, and now it seems like he is scared to stay in the pocket to throw, even when he has time. He has been throwing off his back foot so much his passes are either high, or not even there. Until they address this they will continue to suck!!!!! You cant fill these spots with undrafted free agents, Marvin cant seem to see that!!!

Yep this team has failed to replace the most important part of the team the o-line. Since those guys have left, look what happened to Palmer.....he has never been the same. He has gotten hurt, and now it seems like he is scared to stay in the pocket to throw, even when he has time. He has been throwing off his back foot so much his passes are either high, or not even there. Until they address this they will continue to suck!!!!! You cant fill these spots with undrafted free agents, Marvin cant seem to see that!!!

For all of his detractors (myself included) add Eric Steinbach to that list. Who's our left guard now anyway? Nate Livings, Anthony Collins??? Honestly I'm not even sure.

Nope, they didn't replace them at all, they tried, but their o-line coach can't develop talent, he needs guys who are naturally going to step right in and contribute at a high level.

Throwing Pick six's is mental not physical, I see nothing wrong with his arm, agreed. Palmer can be "fixed," but you have to hold him accountable and actually fix things - they haven't all year long. Then again it will likely take a new philosophy or system for him to turn it around in the passing game. It's too vertical and the blocking isn't good/consistent enough for timing passes, and it gets twice as bad when you can't run the ball...ever.

I've never seen a coaching staff do such a poor job of preparing and adjusting in my life at this level. It's like they all just have the non-caring attitude of Marvin this season.