Would the Bengals take Luck?

walzav29

I think we would,.. If we get a new coach. Luck is a winner, mobile too. I kindof don't like palmer anymore... Lol, sure a new coach and OC might help palmer, and a lineman in rd 2-3... But We have alot of work to do in these coming offseasons....

I don't think we have that much work to do, honestly. Defense is (theoretically) pretty good apart from the safety position. Offense is OK right now at TE, RB, and part of the WR corps. we need a starting interior lineman, a QB, and a (new) impact WR, and the Offense should be pretty much settled.

Listening to Lap and he said "Carson is not the same QB since getting hurt, the velocity is just not there on many passes, he cant read defenses like he once could, Bengals its time to start thinking about your future"

What do you guys think, i think he hit it right on the head its time to think about the future. Time to draft a QB.

I do like Luck, or i like Mallet. I like Luck because he can be pretty mobile,and if the o-line is not fixed a more moblie QB might work better.

What about T Pryor for Ohio State. Sure he needs some work, but he's mobile, knows how to win, and is throwing better. Since his arrival at the university, his mechanics and QB smarts have increased! Yes I understand he's only a JR and won't come out this year but if we don't get rid of Palmer, I think we look at him next year! Oh looks like Vince Young might be available next season. He fits what the Bengals like; childish, immature, trouble maker, etc. I'm kidding guys!

Side note, just a feeling but I think Mallet jumps Luck on most draft boards by the time the draft rolls around.

I disagree. Mallet always throws interceptions in the 4th quarter. If he does that a lot in college, it'll be a big problem in the pros. He is the opposite of clutch.

Luck on the other hand... he can fill the need at both QB and Safety.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I

Side note, just a feeling but I think Mallet jumps Luck on most draft boards by the time the draft rolls around.

I disagree. Mallet always throws interceptions in the 4th quarter. If he does that a lot in college, it'll be a big problem in the pros. He is the opposite of clutch.

He did the same thing to save a touchdown against Oregon this year too. I appreciate that kinda s**t.

whoa! Man what a hit! I dont think carson has that ability! Lol

I put Mallett and Locker in the same category and that is a category below Luck.

Mallett and Locker are like younger, less experienced versions of Palmer when he left college.

I like Luck's mobility as well.

For what I think will happen, Carson stays and we address the o-line with Fat Tub of Goo on IR again.

IF they were to get rid of Brat, that option actually appeals to me greatly.

I just really think Palmer has nothing left, and thats not to say he is horrible. I just feel he will never take this team anywhere, and if thats the case then its time to move on. I like the idea of drafting Luck, and seeing what he has got.

The question then, do they let Luck sit behind Palmer, or just let Palmer go?

They should look into trading guys and getting as many draft picks as they can they will need it!

No Thank You to Luck.....He would get MURDERED behind this O-Line, and we have much more glaring needs than a QB in the 1st RD.

Do you guys want to take a QB who will be a STUD, or just the best available?

If you want that STUD, wait another year and HOPE/PRAY to get Landry Jones from Oklahoma....That guy is the Real Deal.....Best Pro Prospect I see in College right now.

I didnt say he was better. But I do think he is the type of guy that will wow in offseason workouts. And that is what I think gets him drafted higher.

He did the same thing to save a touchdown against Oregon this year too. I appreciate that kinda s**t.

they probably should have put him on defense vs oregon with the points they scored.

You can point to the protection with Palmer, yes. But in my opinion, his decision making and accuracy just aren't wait they used to be.

Also, he's been on the injured list for something different every week. Hip, foot, ankle, shoulder, elbow, it's always something. At his age, he's likely to deteriorate faster and faster in the next couple years.

You can point to the protection with Palmer, yes. But in my opinion, his decision making and accuracy just aren't wait they used to be.

Also, he's been on the injured list for something different every week. Hip, foot, ankle, shoulder, elbow, it's always something. At his age, he's likely to deteriorate faster and faster in the next couple years.

Ya and well he hasn't missed alot of games hes been dinged up alot even in college,ya we could use the pick somewhere else but I don't think it would hurt because worst case scenario carson plays like a probowler then the youngin can sit ala Aaron Rodgers

What about T Pryor for Ohio State.

What about him? He'll never be a successful NFL quarterback. I can't wait for him to hurry up and flame out in the NFL so I no longer have to hear the hype.

Anyways, I HOPE if Luck is there the Bengals take him. Will they? Probably not. They'll probably reach for another fatass offensive lineman tying up $120 million dollars in Whitworth, Andre The Lardass and some unproven rookie.

What about T Pryor for Ohio State.

What about him? He'll never be a successful NFL quarterback. I can't wait for him to hurry up and flame out in the NFL so I no longer have to hear the hype.

Anyways, I HOPE if Luck is there the Bengals take him. Will they? Probably not. They'll probably reach for another fatass offensive lineman tying up $120 million dollars in Whitworth, Andre The Lardass and some unproven rookie.

Would that be such bad thing? Mind you it would be nice to develop a Olinemen for once but hey how ever we get respectable Oline again i'm all for it...

Though thing 2nd round tackle seems more plausible...

I want Landry Jones DAMMIT!!!...But they have to wait another year for him

Hell, we might be looking at another 2-14 next season...in the mean time Hire a GM, trade down, acquire more picks, look at replacements/improvements for the O-Line, WR(If we lose bboth Ocho and T.O), RB(Benson might not get extended), even CB (JJoe might not get re-)signed

Too many holes have been exposed on this team, and 1 pick (especially a QB) will not fix this team.

Too many holes have been exposed on this team, and 1 pick will not fix this team.

I couldn't disagree more. This team's record is not a reflection of the talent on the team nearly as much as an indictment on the coaching.

The 2010 Bengals have a ton of talent. However, the Bengals coaching staff (especially Brat) refuses to use them to their strengths.

The offense had a top 10 rushing attack last year with the same O-Line and RB. But they use primarily 3WR sets and often split the TE out wide. This O-Line that was very capable last year run-blocking is being forced to do far more pass-blocking than they are suited for. Worse, they use formations that telegraph to the defense "We are passing on this play" and the O-Line is at a disadvantage, because the threat of a potential running play is gone.

On defense, we had a double digit sack DE (Geathers) who was promptly told to add 30 lbs and stop using his pass rush moves so he could be stout against the run. Then we draft DEs that were known for their ability to rush the passer, but force them to be LBs or DTs... because - well... who the hell knows? And everyone wants to know why we have no pass rush? Well, the most talented pass-rushers on the team are being coached up to do a different job altogether rather than using them to their strengths.

A good coaching staff uses the talent they have to the best of their ability. The Patriots constantly change their identity because they are good as masking the weaknesses of their players and building schemes around those player's strengths. The Bengals, on the other hand, have a system set, and attempt to mold the player into a guy that might fit that role. It stunts the growth of the player, and it makes for a sloppy football team. Very few players are doing what they are most naturally gifted at.

But I will agree that drafting Luck won't make a bit of difference (unless Brat is gone).

Alright... I needed to get that off my chest. I am tired of this season.

*rant over*