THE CHANGES THREAD...Marvin to return

combatbengal

Something needs to be done, and it should have been done awhile ago. Nobody on this team ever seems to get punished for anything. The disapline on this team is terrible, the players show they dont want it and nothing is done. Weeks ago they should have benched Chads a** for crying the way he was. Marvin needs to be harder on his players, but he never is.

I dont get what happened to this team from one year to the next? Almost the same exact players and this is what they look like, hell im blaming everyone players and coaching. Everybody needs to go its time to start over!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing 7 in a row.

Getting smashed at home vs the Bills in the most epic on-field collapse in as long as I can remember by any team.

Putting an wholly unprepared and undisciplined team on the field without significant personnel changes, week after week after week.

Gross incompetence in clock/game management.

Sum total here is ML and his staff should be 86'd. Bring in a guy like Hue Jackson or even Mariucci, someone who understands offense.

You know, I don't think ML even has a clue offensively.

Dungy swears he ain't coaching (and this isn't the job to tempt him away), Chin will have better options and unfortunately Zim is now tainted with the stink of this failure. I don't think Chucky leaves the booth for this job either.

I don't think it ends up good no matter what. No coach with other options takes this job. So we're looking at an unproven assistant (and probably not the Hot Assistant of the Year, either) or a retread who's drawing no interest. Great.

I think the absolute best case scenario is we get Brian Billick. And I think even he might have a better offer this year. And I just threw up in my mouth even writing that.

Worst case scenario? Tell me I'm crazy for putting a solid 10% odds on Brat.

Plan A

Tony Dungy -Grand Puba of Fly right just head figure

GM-Someone from the steelers :P They seem to do decent enough coaching

Headcoach-Well if Tony is our grand puba then we need someone he ones...Frazier? If he isn't alrdy the vikings HC.

Offensive Coordinator:Brat...just kidding :P I Still wish we would have given Hue a shot did steelers by chance only sign him to one year deal?

Defensive Coordinator:I'm Fine with Zim Defense has had a shet ton of injurys and truthfully I like the guy "shrug".

Assistant Coaches:Ones that we don't have now would be fine...Wouldn't mind keeping Jim Anderson,Jeff Fitzgerald & kevin Coyle (Bring in rod Woodson as a assistant DB coach!)

Plan B

marty schottenheimer- Grand Puba head hauncho of football operations

GM-Someone who doesn't below on the Chargers current staff :P

HC-Brian Schottenheimer

OC-Someone not named Brat

DC-Kurt Schottenheimer -Turning it in to Schottenheimer family :P hey can't be worst then the browns.

Plan C and Realistically what will happen

Mike Brown-Grand Puba of all football Decisions

GM-Mike Brown he gives himself a 2million dollar raise after doing such a good job.

HC-It's between Brat & Alexander Loser gets Assistant HC & OC....Though look for Mike Brown to decide it was time for him to take up COaching and pay himself 7million dollars a year to do so.

OC-See above

DC-Well being rest staff is pretty much staying intact unless Zimmer asks for walking papers so he can be free from this mess.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

I don't think it ends up good no matter what. No coach with other options takes this job.

Yup Thats the problem it's the WORST Head Coaching gig in the nfl,taking over a 0-16 team would be better because you'd atleast have hope you'd have front office who would wanna turn things around..

The Only Way we get a Named Proven Head COach is if Mike Brown steps down from all his power Hires a GM & gives HC the other power he wants...

I don't think any coach that has an established reputation will take the job. Even on the pregame shows these coaches all chuckle when they talk about the Bengals. It'll be someone that nobody wants or someone that's promoted to head coaching well before they are ready.

Well, since they cannot fire "everyone", why does the head coach of this mess still have a job?

Because Mikey will have to pay him either way. I'm not saying, don't can him, but you know this front office, right?

Of course I do, but his contract is up anyway, so...

And if we cannot even discuss that he should already be gone on here, what is left to discuss? Beating corpses isn't my thing...

Our only hopes of NOT going with 4-6 wins a season for the next several years rests on this decision. Our only hope is Bill Cowher. I think he is the only coach that can turn this thing around. The Bengals have no identity, no presence, absolutely NO attitude. We're a sad excuse for a football team, always have been. We need a little more Steelers in this team.

And if we cannot even discuss that he should already be gone on here, what is left to discuss?

Nothing, really. Even to raise a question like, "should Marvin be fired?" or "should the Bengals try to re-sign TO?" or "should they pick up Chad's option?" accords them a level of respect they don't deserve. It's like applying a serious critical analysis to a play put on by your local middle school drama club.

/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/index.html

We're screwed. He suggests that with the impending lockout in house promotions will be the most attractive offer. Saying that Zimmer gets the job and the horrendous Bratkowski stays.

Would anyone really be surprised?

I'll even go one step further: given the scenario King paints, I think it's just as likely that Zimmer stays DC, Brat stays OC...and our head coach is named Marvin Lewis.

I'll even go one step further: given the scenario King paints, I think it's just as likely that Zimmer stays DC, Brat stays OC...and our head coach is named Marvin Lewis.

I'd need some clarification on that. Is it Marvin with the concessions he wants regarding power over personnel? Or is it the same Marvin Lite we've been dealing with the last few years?

I don't think Marvin would even sign a contract under the current power sharing agreement. Nor should he. I was at that game yesterday, and that second half was a horror show. A head coach without ultimate authority, then he goes into a lame duck year. Players don't give a crap, and it was blatantly obvious on the field.

Anyone thinking this is going to be some big name coach of the past is delusional.

Find some college coach who would take anything to get his foot in the NFL coaching door and there you have it.

I like Marvin and have defended him, but there is something wrong and there is no need to continue this bullsh*t any longer.

Just go in another direction and be done with it. Sad part is, I don't think it will matter much.

Bratkowski is the largest problem with the offense hands down. I can't even find a "close" second.

It's embarrassing this guy is still a part of this organization. EMBARRASSING.

Then again, this organization is embarrassing, so what the hell ?

More I think of it, it could be a college coach wanting a shot.

Maybe Mike Leech? Always admired his teams for their innovation.

Maybe Harbaugh from Stanford, though doubtful he'd leave there for Cincy....

I always like Bo Pellini, and he is getting hammered for criticizing the officials and yelling at players in their loss Saturday.

How about a guy no one is giving the time of day to, like Dick Jauron? Took the Bears to 13-3 in 2001, then was banished to Buffalo...where coaches go to die.

I think the idea of Marvin coming back is not as forgone as some think. I think he has already quit, lame duck-ing this season out will have sufficiently cured him of any desire to coach anytime soon.

Anyone thinking this is going to be some big name coach of the past is delusional.

Find some college coach who would take anything to get his foot in the NFL coaching door and there you have it.

I like Marvin and have defended him, but there is something wrong and there is no need to continue this bullsh*t any longer.

Just go in another direction and be done with it. Sad part is, I don't think it will matter much.

Bratkowski is the largest problem with the offense hands down. I can't even find a "close" second.

Jim Harbaugh wants in the NFL and suppossed be bad year for college coaches to make it in to the NFL :P

I truthfully wouldn't mind him as the "unproven" type.

I hope he doesn't get completely shut out of a coordinator job for his job here,I'd like to see him get another shot and be successful simply to stick it to Mike Brown.

I Don't think there's any chance Marvin Resigns if he believes he can get a coordinator job.

I dunno I'd Rate Paul Alexander Right behind Brat because he does what brat does but with the offensive Line.

Paul Alexander would be one of the better in house options because I don't think he'd take much guff as a head coach and that's the kind of guy we need. Zimmer is of the same mold. What we don't want is another studious coach like Childress or Marvin.

I still think Billick is the best of the realistic options out there

Paul Alexander would be one of the better in house options because I don't think he'd take much guff as a head coach and that's the kind of guy we need. Zimmer is of the same mold. What we don't want is another studious coach like Childress or Marvin.

Yes let's promote the Genius who starts inferior talent when he has better options available...alexander has been here for 13 of 15 terrible years his only unit that was worth a damn was made out of 1st & 2nd rounders his ass needs to go with Brat.

Wasn't a fan of him in the past but hell I'd welcome him at this point aslong as we cleaned some house on assistants....

I heard Marvin after the game and he sounded a little bit shook up. I really doubt that he has quit but it is obvious that he does not have the command or control of things as in the past. His leverage for "changes" has evaporated and he will probably be let go at season's end. It started out so well but is ending so badly. I would like to know what he's learned from his experience here and what would he do differently. Don't baby Chad...perhaps retain Les Frazier and work out your differences...don't expect that players will have the maturity to put in the proper work on their own...don't overestimate your ability to coach people up...

If he were to be offered a contract and decide to stay I can't see things changing unless they overhaul the roster. I also think he needs someone like a bench coach on the sideline to be a second set of eyes or be the clock manager. I also think an impartial person such as a real GM or operations director would be beneficial in his development as a head coach. I don't think there are too many people other than maybe Zimmer that could offer him true constructive criticism on his shortcomings. But in the end this isn't going to happen either.

Keeping Brat, whether Marvin stays or goes, would make no sense. He had some good years but obviously something has gone wrong or stale and he is a big part of the problem. He was part of LeBeau's staff and now Marvin's for 8 years. If he's that good he should become the head coach otherwise he should be fired. His performance of late has not merited another chance with a third coach.

Our only hope is Bill Cowher.

No, our only hope is that Son-of-a-Genius lets go the reins, and the person who takes them up is smart enough to know they need a real football person at the helm, and then they go get one.

GM first, then the coach.

Of course, this isn't going to happen. He will stay put til he passes on, and with our luck, he'll remain alive (and increasingly addled as each year passes) for 20 more years or so

Jim Harbaugh wants in the NFL and suppossed be bad year for college coaches to make it in to the NFL :P

I truthfully wouldn't mind him as the "unproven" type.

I hope he doesn't get completely shut out of a coordinator job for his job here,I'd like to see him get another shot and be successful simply to stick it to Mike Brown.

I Don't think there's any chance Marvin Resigns if he believes he can get a coordinator job.

I dunno I'd Rate Paul Alexander Right behind Brat because he does what brat does but with the offensive Line.

The Jim Harbaugh thing isn't so preposterious. I could see SoP thinking he could replicate his brother's success in Baltimore. From Harbaugh's persepctive, why not take a spot where you could engage in the sibling rivarly directly? Could be more enticing for him than we think.

The Jim Harbaugh thing isn't so preposterious. I could see SoP thinking he could replicate his brother's success in Baltimore. From Harbaugh's persepctive, why not take a spot where you could engage in the sibling rivarly directly? Could be more enticing for him than we think.

Ya and it's not like Stanford will be the power housei n Pac10 with Oregon around (j/king),My only worry though is someone so willing they'll make same type sacrifices marvin did in power...

We need a major shake up someone who can talk Mikey Brown in to overhauling Medical/training Staff....Scouting....Coaches & players.....though no such person exists.