THE CHANGES THREAD...Marvin to return

combatbengal

Well i guess if there is one thing i can be happy about this offseason, is maybe just maybe there will be no more drama around the bengals. They can finally go about there business in getting better, without having to wonder when Chads VH1 reality show is done taping, or when the TOcho show is done.....i for one will be happy if there is no drama!

I feel some kind of change is going to happen, and while im truly not a Marvin guy as long as the whole offense staff is shaken up ill take it for now. It was said that Marvin has control over staff and players so we will see how this all takes place.

There is alot of young talent here, that i think can make a big difference, and i hope everyone is here on day 1 for camps!

One thing i found funny is that they tried to reach out to Carson, but i guess Carson didnt want to talk lol lol :blink:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.cincinna...01/738291093001

Enquirer video clip from today's events

Kinda funny how you can trim a 27 minute press conference down to less than 3 minutes and not really miss anything.

For whatever it's worth I didn't see any evidence of Marvin's coathanger smile. However, I did note that he was dressed as if it were laundry day, a far cry from the day when he was introduced as the Bengals new head coach while wearing a suit so shiny Pete Rose might have made fun of it. Then again, Pete's suits actually came out of a can.

But I digress.

I heard the whole thing then watched that and you're right. The video just about covered it all.

One of the locals mentioned that for the lack of WOW factor and seeming impromptu-ness of it all could have been handled with a press release. I figured they would be better served having a face-to-face once they have some tangible changes to announce.

I would love to find the picture of Marvin flashing that ring while pointing in both directions. Today was a big disappointment when compared to the "In Marvin We Trust" campaign that started that day.

marvin2003.jpg

Now im wondering though, do they make these moves before or after the senior bowl????

I would hope before, that way the new coaches are familiar with the guys, and they get working on that new playbook :cheers:

Hard to say like they could wait for Hue but why trusdt opinion of dead men walking?

I listened to the presser on my phone and Lewis and Brown said they'd be discussing the staff and possible changes in the next couple of days, so I imagine we'll know by now.

I've got to think brat and Zampese are done. Maybe Alexander, too.

The offensive staff will be hardest hit.

Finally.

I am indifferent about ML staying, in light of the demands he had previously made coming to light. I am more impressed with him playing hardball like that than I thought I would be. Now, was it really hardball? We'll have to wait and see but I think it was. ML is employable and would be considered in Miami, Carolina and SF, despite how the press is spinning it.

By the end of the week we'll know how deep and wide the changes will really be.

Alexander Deserves to go as much as anyone else,Brat has to go right? right? "shudder"

As I said earlier, Alexander has been here since 1994. How many ProBowlers before Marvin got here? I can't think of anyone.

Brat needs to go. Another of Marvin's predecessors too. Things have grown stale. I just hope the success of the two young guys doesn't cloud anyone's judgment on him.

Zampese? I really don't know. I never get a good feel of what he adds or what we would lose if he leaves. He got a look or two elsewhere but is still here. I'd love to see someone come in that could deconstruct Carson and build him back up.

Also as a side note....Mike, Marvin, please reach out to Anthony Munoz and ask him to help with Andre Smith. He offered....take him up on it.

As I said earlier, Alexander has been here since 1994. How many ProBowlers before Marvin got here? I can't think of anyone.

Brat needs to go. Another of Marvin's predecessors too

Oh I know he needs to go,Like you said he was before Marvin got here if Marvin is staying he needs to bring in all of his own people...

Not only that but His only good Oline in his 15 years was built on such talented players that he didn't have to coach them up.

I listened to the presser on my phone and Lewis and Brown said they'd be discussing the staff and possible changes in the next couple of days, so I imagine we'll know by now.

The offensive staff will be hardest hit.

Finally.

I am indifferent about ML staying, in light of the demands he had previously made coming to light. I am more impressed with him playing hardball like that than I thought I would be. Now, was it really hardball? We'll have to wait and see but I think it was. ML is employable and would be considered in Miami, Carolina and SF, despite how the press is spinning it.

By the end of the week we'll know how deep and wide the changes will really be.

Well now that my little girl went to bed i could actully listen to the presser without being inturupted.

Have to say i think changes are coming to both coaches and players. I think the offense is going to have a whole new look, esp because i really dont think TO and Ocho are coming back. You could tell both Mike and Marvin were ready to move on from the drama and go with these young talented guys.

They both said this team will look different next year, and i really hope it does. They also said the team will be a different team, and a better team and despite me not liking Marvin very much he seem to really think these young guys have something.

So im just hoping everthing works out and we get to see some big changes for the better, and get back to that physical team they were in 2009, but even better.

I think Marvin know what direction he wants to go, and what players he wants to have!

I cant imagine Mike and Marvin keeping overpaid guys who are doing nothing, Odom, Geathers, players like this or the guys who are always injured.

I still cant figure out though whats going to happen with the coaching, if the offense is gone, who do they bring in who is out there that they will??? Will be exciting to see what all happens in the next couple days/weeks

Filed to ESPN: Raiders informed Tom Cable they will not pick up the option in his contract. He no longer is the Raiders head coach.

Hue could come available if raiders clean house,it seems he's interviewing for the 49ers HC job which seems like they are out of the Harbaugh race.

I continue to question his judgment with the depth chart though and his clock management is awful.

I've wondered how much of thats actually him yes he calls the time out but wasn't it said Brat is very slow to call in the plays etc hence the delay of game penalty's

I've wondered how much of thats actually him yes he calls the time out but wasn't it said Brat is very slow to call in the plays etc hence the delay of game penalty's

Could be, Kaz. Hopefully we can know next year with Marvin as the control and SOMEONE ELSE as the variable.

I cant imagine Mike and Marvin keeping overpaid guys who are doing nothing, Odom, Geathers, players like this or the guys who are always injured.

Why not? That's never stopped them before.

Not to rain on the parade, if only because like so many others I'm still foolishly expecting that Lucy won't pull the football away, but we've been showered with vague promises of change before. Right now the only thing that seems certain to me is that the Bengals are headed for another youth movement -- a favorite Mike Brown tactic -- and they were already the youngest team in the division coming into the year.

Coaching changes? I don't know what, if anything, will happen, but I do know that Mike and Marvin are still running the show. These are the same guys that canned Leslie Frazier, hired Chuck Breshnahan, let Hue Jackson walk and gave Paul Alexander an assistant HC title to keep him in-house.

I'll be watching what goes down but excited is a place I'm nowhere near yet.

Filed to ESPN: Raiders informed Tom Cable they will not pick up the option in his contract. He no longer is the Raiders head coach.

Hue could come available if raiders clean house,it seems he's interviewing for the 49ers HC job which seems like they are out of the Harbaugh race.

I continue to question his judgment with the depth chart though and his clock management is awful.

I've wondered how much of thats actually him yes he calls the time out but wasn't said Brat is very slow to call in plays etc hence the delay of game penaltys

Well with Tom Cable going to be gone, i think Hue will be the next raiders coach, and worst part is i heard Hue could have been the OC so that sucks!

Maybe Cable will come here and be the o-line coach, anybody is better then alexander lol

That was a big reason i didnt want Marvin back here his game management is horrilbe, there in game and halftime adj are horrilbe. Also i thought almost all year it didnt look like Marvin wanted to be here, and to tell you the truth during his presser i kept wondering if he wanted to be here lol lol. Whatever as long as changes are made i just hope it gets better.

Could be, Kaz. Hopefully we can know next year with Marvin as the control and SOMEONE ELSE as the variable.

Indeed I really hope we can get Hue as OC,Not sure who else Marvin would wanna bring in for it Theres bellick but would he wanna be underling of his former underling?

Why not? That's never stopped them before.

Not to rain on the parade, if only because like so many others I'm still foolishly expecting that Lucy won't pull the football away, but we've been showered with vague promises of change before. Right now the only thing that seems certain to me is that the Bengals are headed for another youth movement -- a favorite Mike Brown tactic -- and they were already the youngest team in the division coming into the year.

Coaching changes? I don't know what, if anything, will happen, but I do know that Mike and Marvin are still running the show. These are the same guys that canned Leslie Frazier, hired Chuck Breshnahan, let Hue Jackson walk and gave Paul Alexander an assistant HC title to keep him in-house.

I'll be watching what goes down but excited is a place I'm nowhere near yet.

Yea i hear ya and maybe im getting alittle to excited i mean really what for??? So i think ill just keep waiting to see if anything good happens. What i couldnt understand with the whole thing though is they kept saying they were going in the right direction, well if 4 wins is the right direction then i guess so lol. I dont know i guess he means with the young guys, i am excited about the young guys, and i hope they bring other talent in here, but i wont hold my breath.

I think Lance said it best...listening to the presser sounded like listening to charlie browns school teacher lol lol :lol:

Rooney Rule, All teams must interview at least 1 "minority" coach for a Head Coaching opening. He WILL NOT get the 49ers job. Either Raiders, or he remains an O-Coordinator. The BIG question is: Is Hue a "pushover" who will not question Davis' authority, if he is, he gets the job. If he holds his ground, we may have a shot at him as the new O-Coordinator.

Doc isn't impressed. Same Old Same Old

So listening to espn radio Shefter said the Katie was the one who wanted Marvin back, and said any changes in the next couple weeks will come because of Katie????????? I mean take it for what its worth but thats what Adam is saying. He said Katie wants this org to be able to battle with Pitt and Balt???? Who knows!

And that's why I can't bring myself to get worked up about such news as we've had today. Lewis is back, and I expect Bratkowski to return as well.

Same as it ever was under Mike Brown. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

So listening to espn radio Shefter said the Katie was the one who wanted Marvin back, and said any changes in the next couple weeks will come because of Katie????????? I mean take it for what its worth but thats what Adam is saying. He said Katie wants this org to be able to battle with Pitt and Balt???? Who knows!

I still wouldn't tap her ass,But if this is true gives hope for future.

I still wouldn't tap her ass,But if this is true gives hope for future.

Why not, you can put the same bag on her head that you wore at games during the season.