THE CHANGES THREAD...Marvin to return

combatbengal

No, we won't fire Lewis mid-season. Why bother?

Yup. I've gone from wanting him to be fired immediately after the Tampa Game to reluctantly accepting the fact that there's no longer any incentive to do so.

Pretty much. But make no mistake, this year has been, in my view, 100% on him. To be as close as they have in their six straight losses and bagel all of them speaks to me of a lack of preparation, discipline, and approach.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clock management still an issue.

Just was thinking but wouldn't this be more on Brat & the offense? Sure Marvin takes the timeouts but typically it's Brat's Offense thats Makingt he mistakes or it's Brats calls coming in at the last second...Just would think this would be bit on brat &the offense too.

Clock management still an issue.

Just was thinking but wouldn't this be more on Brat & the offense? Sure Marvin takes the timeouts but typically it's Brat's Offense thats Makingt he mistakes or it's Brats calls coming in at the last second...Just would think this would be bit on brat &the offense too.

They need to tell Carson to minimize the checks at the line. He is not Peyton Manning. And most of the time there is no great gain from changing the play at the line. Get up there and run the damn play.

What's the difference between a five yard loss and a false start penalty? No loss of down? Makes complete sense.:rolleyes:

They need to tell Carson to minimize the checks at the line. He is not Peyton Manning. And most of the time there is no great gain from changing the play at the line. Get up there and run the damn play.

What's the difference between a five yard loss and a false start penalty? No loss of down? Makes complete sense.:rolleyes:

They call 3 plays, then the offense goes to the line and reads the defense. In my opinion this is the cause of many of the false starts. Call a play and run it with purpose. Shove it down their throats. Brat is so consumed with out-scheming guys, that he misses the point that a lot of success in the NFL is discipline and heart. Brat should be shown the door, then shoved through the door.

They call 3 plays, then the offense goes to the line and reads the defense. In my opinion this is the cause of many of the false starts. Call a play and run it with purpose. Shove it down their throats. Brat is so consumed with out-scheming guys, that he misses the point that a lot of success in the NFL is discipline and heart. Brat should be shown the door, then shoved through the door.

Let me preface my remarks by reminding the reader how I'm not in control of who supports things I've harped about endlessly. In fact, in this example it's painfully obvious how I'd pick someone else if I could.

Just this week Chad has tiptoed around a point I've brought up often. Specifically, how defensive coverage almost always dictates the Bengals play call....allowing opposing teams can take weapons away simply by showing a certain pre-snap look or rolling coverage towards that players side after the snap. All of which makes a certain amount of sense until you suddenly realize how doing too much of it results in an offense scheme that willingly allows opposing teams to dictate what this team attempts to do. And worse, the opposing team is allowed to dictate without proving it can adequately defend the weapon the Bengals willingly abandon in favor of others.

And before someone argues that Chad is just lobbying for more balls....he was said to be speaking directly about the Bengals failure to use Cedric Benson correctly.

They started messing with the checkoffs when they played Indy five years ago. Since then how has that all panned out? If it is the root cause of the false starts and delay penalties then shame on 'em all for not fixing that problem. Especially if we are still getting tackled in the backfield on a checkdown to a sweep right running play.

Let me preface my remarks by reminding the reader how I'm not in control of who supports things I've harped about endlessly. In fact, in this example it's painfully obvious how I'd pick someone else if I could.

Just this week Chad has tiptoed around a point I've brought up often. Specifically, how defensive coverage almost always dictates the Bengals play call....allowing opposing teams can take weapons away simply by showing a certain pre-snap look or rolling coverage towards that players side after the snap. All of which makes a certain amount of sense until you suddenly realize how doing too much of it results in an offense scheme that willingly allows opposing teams to dictate what this team attempts to do. And worse, the opposing team is allowed to dictate without proving it can adequately defend the weapon the Bengals willingly abandon in favor of others.

And before someone argues that Chad is just lobbying for more balls....he was said to be speaking directly about the Bengals failure to use Cedric Benson correctly.

This is exactly what I hate about the Bengals offense. When you have a good offense you make the defense dictate and change what they have to do to adapt to you, not the other way around. Sure Peyton Manning changes a lot of plays and it works well for the Colts, but Manning also calls a lot of boogus play changes and audibles, and well...he is Peyton Manning.

I am all for audibles in certain situations, but you shouldn't change your play call almost every play. It's just dumb and leaves too much room for error.

I watched the Bill Parcells show on NFL network, and Zimmer worked under him at Dallas. I'll take that. Hopefully he learned some things. Sean Payton,and Bill Belichek have done very well. If Bratkowski gets fired, and Brown lets Zimmer do what he believes needs to be done. It could be a good choice.

No Thank You.

I think Zimmer would best serve the Bengals by continuing to be the D-Coordinator. If this team is going to turn around (with a coach other than Marv) it would need a Head Coach with experience, and more importantly, someone with the balls to make Mike Brown give up power and his "GM" title. This team needs an experienced GM (along with new Offensive Coordinator) more than a new Head Coach IMO. We need someone who can pull off trades be it draft picks, or actual players.

The reason I say NO to Zimmer is because I actually like the guy, and if he took the Bengals HC job, he would be overwhelmed and gone inside years and he wouldn't get another chance for quite some time...plus we'd be losing our D-Coordinator.

Jeebus. Is he fired yet? Good lord.

Wouldn't make a difference. Player don't give a s**t this year.

Lost to a 1-8 team at home?

No, I'm sorry, I'm not dumping on coaching. Not that they don't suck too. But let's give credit where credit is due:

Bengals. Players. Suck. From Palmer all the way down to the PS. Suck, suck, suck.

You don't put on the kind of performance we saw today because coaching sucks.

No,this team just flat out sucks.

Fire everyone.

TO...

Owens took off his glasses, put them down beside the microphone, and said, “Let me look you in the eyes.

“We’re just terrible. That’s just plain and simple. When I say we, that’s me included,” he said. “We find ways to lose the game. You would think that, having a lead going into halftime, we could capitalize and build off of that. We may go 2-14 at the rate we’re playing.

“I don’t blame the fans for booing us,” Owens said. “I don’t blame people for not wanting to come and see the performance we’ve put up the last six ballgames. I don’t blame them.”

Yup.

Jeebus. Is he fired yet? Good lord.

Wouldn't make a difference. Player don't give a s**t this year.

Lost to a 1-8 team at home?

No, I'm sorry, I'm not dumping on coaching. Not that they don't suck too. But let's give credit where credit is due:

Bengals. Players. Suck. From Palmer all the way down to the PS. Suck, suck, suck.

You don't put on the kind of performance we saw today because coaching sucks.

No,this team just flat out sucks.

Fire everyone.

Well, since they cannot fire "everyone", why does the head coach of this mess still have a job? I don't care that the season is lost. I stopped caring weeks ago. Interim it up with Anderson, whatever, but at least have some accountability somewhere. For f**kssake. Any accountablity anywhere in that organization would be nice. Just so I don't have to see Marvin's f**king "disappointed" face ever again.

Having said that, if T.O. is the most accountable we can find at this point, ouch. And he is the one guy I in general have seen work pretty damn hard this year, faults acknowledged.

Yes, fire. I like that. KILL HIM! KILL HIM WITH FIRE!

I...was...at...this...godforsaken...game...

up 31-14 at the half, feeling pretty good. Hey, I say to my son, the Bills are making us look like a real football team.

NOPE!!! Can't let me have this one, huh Bengals?!

My name is gator, and I approve Pidge's message!!