THE CHANGES THREAD...Marvin to return

combatbengal

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to jeebus one of ml's conditions was brat gone. Gimme at least that.

I think that's what we are all waiting to hear. But do any of us believe that will happen?

I feel there is a 10-20% chance Brat is fired.

And to make some of you happy. Chad will be back.(Dont know why I added that, but I feel stuck-the team doesnt give me the feeling they want change.)

Well, somebody deserves credit for embracing Smashball tactics, and somebody deserves blame for discarding them in favor of the Two-Loon Platoon. And I remind you how both strategies were deliberately planned for and put in place by the same group of personalities prior to the season beginning.

Hey, this is your windmill, not mine. I'd say Mikey is responsible for both loons being around - I strongly believe Chad would have been jettisoned after 2005 and/or 2008 if Marvin had his way, and I don't think he grabs TO on his own. I think Marvin will play smashball all day long if given the chance. As to coddling the retards - my guess is that it was a group dynamic to try to hold the chaos under control on the part of Marvin, Brat, and Carson (after all, he's the one who throws the ball). Again, however, it doesn't say anything about who was really excited about what they were doing, and who was trying their best to keep the ship from sinking as best they could. We don't have enough information to draw conclusions.

So if Brat, Marvin, or Mike are to blame for 2010 then each has to be given equal credit for 2009. Because the personalities and structure weren't changed.

No. Group dynamics change all the time as to has power, control, etc. We don't know enough to place all the blame here. I'm confident that Mikey eats a lot of it. I realize Marvin eats some. Brat clearly has a whole plate. As to the final percentages, I dunno.

But Marvin has done nothing, and has said even less, that would even imply he wasn't fully onboard with the hard shift towards a passing attack. From the draft choices made, to moves made in free agency, to failed gameplanning, to horribly unbalanced playcalling.

And we're back at the fact that 1) he doesn't control the draft (see Simpson, Jerome) or 2) Free agency (see Henry, Chris and probably Owens, Terrible) or his own coordinators (see Bratkowski, Dumbo). Would he say anything about it publicly? No, because he can't stand the media.

I'm hoping this becomes moot and that Marvin got the concessions this team needs to be successful.

I hope Marvin got some upgrades to the scouting department. Our coaches deserve some help in that area. No other staff has to travel and work like that during the off-season. Come on Mike Brown, two year contract, total control over coaching staff, and added scouts.

Hey, this is your windmill, not mine.

Hardly. You're the one claiming a head coach with 8 years experience coaching this team lacks enough control to be held responsible for it's record.

I'd say Mikey is responsible for both loons being around - I strongly believe Chad would have been jettisoned after 2005 and/or 2008 if Marvin had his way, and I don't think he grabs TO on his own. I think Marvin will play smashball all day long if given the chance. As to coddling the retards - my guess is that it was a group dynamic to try to hold the chaos under control on the part of Marvin, Brat, and Carson (after all, he's the one who throws the ball).

That's alot of thinking and guessing from someone who still manages to place blame where ever he see fit. As for me, I embrace change and admit it was needed, but right now I'm having a hard time accepting the idea of a head coach whose team completely bottomed out will be given a new contract and more control.

Group dynamics change all the time as to has power, control, etc. We don't know enough to place all the blame here. I'm confident that Mikey eats a lot of it. I realize Marvin eats some. Brat clearly has a whole plate. As to the final percentages, I dunno.

Remind me again what blame Marvin was forced to eat. You just absolved him of nearly all responsibility, and the team just gave him a new contract.

We're eight years into this thing, right? When does Marvin become accountable for all of his record, as opposed to just a portion of it?

MIke opened the presser, said changes would be made in player personnel, said they were going to review coaching personnel and changes may be forthcoming.

Mike kept using the word "we" in regards to the reviews and the changes that will be made.

Marvin just said it is Mike's ultimate say so, "he's the owner, he's the general manager".

According to this article...

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-brings-stability-vs-CBA/74be3a0a-f551-4cf6-a863-465c4fe8474a

The staff will remain in tact (I'm assuming that includes Brat).

Ugh.

Mike is pissed that the young guys didn't get played earlier.

His first answer to what needed to be addressed was that players need to be evaluated and get on the field as soon as they are ready.

Well isnt that the truth!!!

My question is what about coaching, anything about that!! My feed just cut off