Cooling Off Period

kingwilly

Well fellas, sitting at 2-6. Season is shot like the transmission on a Hertz rental minivan with 85,000 miles.

Marvin has permitted the Ocho to behave in a way more consistent with kindergarten than a professional football team, watched a nearly elite defense to go stale and collapse under the weight of too many salvage title players and too few blue chip draft aces, and must have so little influence or is so ignorant of how an offense should be run that Bratkowski has turned a sausage grinder offense into a poor imitation of the greatest show on turf.

So, is it reasonable to think that Marvin, he who has no contract, will end up seeking new employment?

I don't think he can re-save this franchise. I think he has done very good job with what he has been given, had his share of stupid decisions and now must face the fact that this team has no more room for improvement.

Being a Bengals fan since 1977, when I became conscious of football, this is quite a moment of clarity for me. The precise moment when I knew the season was over.

I can only hope the next Bengals coach is able to work under the conditions of antiquated management, substandard working conditions, and a roster loaded with either very high level talent or retread parolees with two strikes.

The Bengals probably made SoP smile tonight. Just enough fight and chutzpa to keep the fans bleary eyed and hopeful but lacking the excellence in coaching and discipline to end up costing him how he runs his business.

Ah, the life of a Bengals fan. Massive FAIL, followed by an ambitious tomorrow.

Well fellas, sitting at 2-6. Season is shot like the transmission on a Hertz rental minivan with 85,000 miles.

Marvin has permitted the Ocho to behave in a way more consistent with kindergarten than a professional football team, watched a nearly elite defense to go stale and collapse under the weight of too many salvage title players and too few blue chip draft aces, and must have so little influence or is so ignorant of how an offense should be run that Bratkowski has turned a sausage grinder offense into a poor imitation of the greatest show on turf.

So, is it reasonable to think that Marvin, he who has no contract, will end up seeking new employment?

I don't think he can re-save this franchise. I think he has done very good job with what he has been given, had his share of stupid decisions and now must face the fact that this team has no more room for improvement.

Being a Bengals fan since 1977, when I became conscious of football, this is quite a moment of clarity for me. The precise moment when I knew the season was over.

I can only hope the next Bengals coach is able to work under the conditions of antiquated management, substandard working conditions, and a roster loaded with either very high level talent or retread parolees with two strikes.

The Bengals probably made SoP smile tonight. Just enough fight and chutzpa to keep the fans bleary eyed and hopeful but lacking the excellence in coaching and discipline to end up costing him how he runs his business.

So then, who would you offer up as a replacement HC???

There's line from a song that goes, "Life is full of promise and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable." I think it fits with your theme.

I don't see us going .500 but I saw a team that didn't quit. Not sure what that means about the future but that film should help evaluate who the warriors are and who the pretenders are.

Before becoming a head coach Byron Scott the player once tried to explain the actions of Laker veterans who basically pushed and shoved Pat Riley out the door by saying...."You can only hear someone say no rebounds no rings so many times before you tune them out."

FWIW I think the above point about Marvin being unable to "re-save this franchise" is critical. Because Marvin can no longer cast himself into the role of an outsider who has come to the rescue. Rather, he's now become an insider who deserves an ample share of the blame for the death of a season that seems to be almost entirely self-inflicted and unforced.

WHen I think of Marvin Lewis I think of someone with round, smooth shaved balls hanging on my forehead. I just dont think I like that. :unsure:

Let's bring in Steve Mariuci as HC or OC. :sure:

\

Before becoming a head coach Byron Scott the player once tried to explain the actions of Laker veterans who basically pushed and shoved Pat Riley out the door by saying...."You can only hear someone say no rebounds no rings so many times before you tune them out."

FWIW I think the above point about Marvin being unable to "re-save this franchise" is critical. Because Marvin can no longer cast himself into the role of an outsider who has come to the rescue. Rather, he's now become an insider who deserves an ample share of the blame for the death of a season that seems to be almost entirely self-inflicted and unforced.

Bullcrap. We can rattle off 8 in a row and win this division you quitter. JFC you've got nothing better to do this season than watch the Bengals. Do you want congratulations for being the first to officially quit the season? :sure::cheers: There you go pal!

Massive FAIL

:lmao:

Not at copying internet cliches!

No. I didn't. Were you beating your dick to it or something?

I'll let your sister do that.

Let's not get into this please. I'm just surprised that you didn't see the subtle hint that Mooch was tossing around a little.

Then again, if your mommy doesn't let you watch NFL Network because of bedtime, maybe dad can read you the morning sports section!

Where are you from? Because it probably ain't Cincinnati, and it's probably a place where there's only steers and queers!

And I'm not seeing horns!

Mooch was a real player's coach, and that is just what we need. These are grown men, with big johnsons, and there is no need to jack them off on a regular basis OR treat with with rubber gloves.

No. I didn't. Were you beating your dick to it or something?

I'll let your sister do that.

Let's not get into this please. I'm just surprised that you didn't see the subtle hint that Mooch was tossing around a little.

Then again, if your mommy doesn't let you watch NFL Network because of bedtime, maybe dad can read you the morning sports section!

Where are you from? Because it probably ain't Cincinnati, and it's probably a place where there's only steers and queers!

And I'm not seeing horns!

No matter who we pick up, he has to be able to step in start handling some dicks, that's for sure. Big one, small one white ones big fat black ones-- we have a lot of dicks that need straightening out on this team!

Wade Phillips was a player's coach, and I'm sure he can handle a dick. Do you want to hire him?

I'd rather have Wilson Phillips!

We can rattle off 8 in a row

*points*

*laughs*

Anytime you wanna jump off the bandwagon, go right ahead. When Carson Schonert leaves and we start winning again and you feel like not quitting only half a season in, then we'll welcome you back with open arms. :cheers:

Is it better to go 6-2 and then have a 2-6 collapse to end the season?

I would like to see the following.

Marvin stays

You lost me at that. The guy f**king sucks as a coach, has lost the team, plays favorites with players to the detriment of this team and lets loudmouth punk Chad have free reign to be a piece of s**t.

I don't know for a fact, but I think if it were up to Marvin he would have gotten rid of Chad. No real coach will come to Cincinnati. I don't know what the answer is. I'd love to say hire a GM who hires Cowher etc... But that is just not going to happen. Where does that leave us? Unprovens and retreads.

f**k Cowher, that overrated spitting dickbag f**kguzzling prick. Remember when LeBeau choked on his own dick trying to coach this team? Now he goes back to Pissburgh, installs an elaborate defense full of stars that ANYBODY can shred through the air, and he's a Hall of Fame genius.

What the f**k, man? I thought the refs were the only ones that chug Pissburgh cock, but I guess the media does, too.

I don't know for a fact, but I think if it were up to Marvin he would have gotten rid of Chad. No real coach will come to Cincinnati. I don't know what the answer is. I'd love to say hire a GM who hires Cowher etc... But that is just not going to happen. Where does that leave us? Unprovens and retreads.

He's been coddling Chad since he got here.

That said i'm willing to gamble on an unproven or semi proven retread coach. We know what we're going to get from Lewis. In a good season we'll go 8-8 with plenty of excuses against marginal teams. Every few years we'll get a cake schedule, post a winning season then get embarrassed in the playoffs followed by... A plethora of excuses. That's the optimistic best case scenarios based off his history here.

I do get where you're coming from, trust me I do. That fear of the unknown. At least we know what we get with him and will be on average mediocre. However you can't win without taking chances. Every other team takes those chances and many of them pay off. It's time to take a chance with someone else.

**About the 8-8 thing. I keep coming back to something Chiefs GM Scott Pioli stated before he took over the Chiefs. He stated that there were two ways of rebuilding a losing team. The first way, grabbing a bunch of average street free agents and making it to 8-8 every year. Pioli correctly stated that's the easy path to take, pretty much anyone can accomplish that but you're not going to win champonships or regularly make the playoffs with that method. That is Marvins entire method. That is what he brought to the table and fleeced this franchise with.

The second way? Building a base with hardworking, selfless, intelligent team first players. From there adding in a FEW playmakers. Just enough to get you over the hump, but not enough they can poison the foundation. That's what we NEED. Let's pray Brown decides to go that route.

f**k Cowher, that overrated spitting dickbag f**kguzzling prick. Remember when LeBeau choked on his own dick trying to coach this team? Now he goes back to Pissburgh, installs an elaborate defense full of stars that ANYBODY can shred through the air, and he's a Hall of Fame genius.

What the f**k, man? I thought the refs were the only ones that chug Pissburgh cock, but I guess the media does, too.

1-4 in AFC Championships at home is all you need to know about Bill Coward.

Look at how long he stuck with Kordell Stewart! LOLOMFG!!!! He'd NEVER replace Carson!

JFC Please no Bill Coward. We mocked him when he was a Steelers coach and laughed at him...now we want him?

Super Bowl Wins with former Steelers coaches = 0