Went to the game today, not good!

combatbengal

Dude, without T.O. this offense would be NOTHING! Learn the game.... I just feel bad for the players on this team that are actually DOING their job. Bobbie Williams, T.O., Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, Keith Rivers, 85, Whitworth, Shipley.. All the rest of the players are backups.

Chad and Palmer are on separate pages. Palmers bad throws are tearing their chemistry apart. Chad only gets a good catch when the ball is catchable. He shouldn't have to stretch for EVERY single pass. He's not superman. You guys can say what you want, really don't care. 85 is playing good. He's blocking. His routes are crisp.

#9 can't hit the broad side of a f**king barn, I wish he would've got his block knocked off when he decided to run the ball on 3rd and long WITH A WIDE OPEN SHIPLEY FOR THE 1ST DOWN!!!

To be honest, the game was over when Palmer hit T.O. on the 2nd (lucky) TD. Palmer threw the ball straight to the defender!!! From that point on, the game was over. Without that freak pop-up ball for a TD, that game would've been a LOT worse.

I love the golden boy but the boy unfortunatley is done. The way he's playing right now is horrible.

I think TO is a sh*t sandwich and yesterday was a perfect example of why. He didn't even bother to try on the pass Carson threw for an interception. It was a halfassed play that defines exactly what we've seen to this point in the season. Undisciplined. Sure our offense would be worse, but that isn't saying much when looking at the big picture of the season as a whole.

Chad is absolute garbage and he continues to show exactly what most have been complaining about. No heart. Chad = hot garbage.

Agree that Palmer has been a pile of squirrel turds and that's hard to say, because he is my favorite player.

Well I haven't been wrong yet and 85 is still here.....

You have to be kidding me Army. That ball to T.O. was STRAIGHT to the defender. T.O. didn't have a cold chance in hell at catching that ball. There is something TERRIBLY wrong with Palmer. A professional QB of his caliper does NOT the bad throws that he is making. It just doesn't happen like that bro. Something is wrong. T.O. and Chad will be around A LOT longer than Palmer at this rate, I promise you that. It may be for another team, but Palmer will be out of work in the NFL if he continues to make throws like that.

Palmer had Shipley wide open on the 3rd and long drag routes, the one where Palmer unfortunately survived the big hit in the air.

I'm sorry, I can't keep pulling for a player that is an absolute TURD. Palmer is garbage. It's just the way it is. I don't think it's Bratkowski anymore.

You are stuck on Palmer, but no one here has given him a pass. I don't think there is a single member here who thinks Palmer is lights out and shares no part of the blame. You made a post in another thread about Chad and TO not being on the same page as Palmer. Want to wager a guess as to why that might be ?? It couldn't have anything to do with them focusing on anything and everything EXCEPT spending time with Carson to develop that timing and chemistry could it ??

In regards to the ball thrown at Carson, he took full responsibility for it even though he always does that.

TO then went on to say, even though the ball may have been misthrown, HE HAS TO MAKE A BETTER ATTEMPT AT BREAKING IT UP.

He made zero attempt and that is my point. There is no effort.

In regards to stats, if it weren't for lucky tipped balls and players falling down, TO's stats wouldn't be ANYTHING.

Luck doesn't make you a great player, it makes you lucky.

Sorry, but I'm in the camp of wanting to see Chad and TO gone as soon as possible...

When you have one ball, way over your head, the next ball at the ground, then the next way in front of you straight to the defender, that's what you call inconsistancy Army.

Palmer is inconsistant. He's confusing the WR's. I.E. Gresham's big drop. Palmer sucks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, without T.O. this offense would be NOTHING! Learn the game.... I just feel bad for the players on this team that are actually DOING their job. Bobbie Williams, T.O., Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, Keith Rivers, 85, Whitworth, Shipley.. All the rest of the players are backups.

Chad and Palmer are on separate pages. Palmers bad throws are tearing their chemistry apart. Chad only gets a good catch when the ball is catchable. He shouldn't have to stretch for EVERY single pass. He's not superman. You guys can say what you want, really don't care. 85 is playing good. He's blocking. His routes are crisp.

#9 can't hit the broad side of a f**king barn, I wish he would've got his block knocked off when he decided to run the ball on 3rd and long WITH A WIDE OPEN SHIPLEY FOR THE 1ST DOWN!!!

To be honest, the game was over when Palmer hit T.O. on the 2nd (lucky) TD. Palmer threw the ball straight to the defender!!! From that point on, the game was over. Without that freak pop-up ball for a TD, that game would've been a LOT worse.

I love the golden boy but the boy unfortunatley is done. The way he's playing right now is horrible.

I think TO is a sh*t sandwich and yesterday was a perfect example of why. He didn't even bother to try on the pass Carson threw for an interception. It was a halfassed play that defines exactly what we've seen to this point in the season. Undisciplined. Sure our offense would be worse, but that isn't saying much when looking at the big picture of the season as a whole.

Chad is absolute garbage and he continues to show exactly what most have been complaining about. No heart. Chad = hot garbage.

Agree that Palmer has been a pile of squirrel turds and that's hard to say, because he is my favorite player.

You have to be kidding me Army. That ball to T.O. was STRAIGHT to the defender. T.O. didn't have a cold chance in hell at catching that ball. There is something TERRIBLY wrong with Palmer. A professional QB of his caliper does NOT the bad throws that he is making. It just doesn't happen like that bro. Something is wrong. T.O. and Chad will be around A LOT longer than Palmer at this rate, I promise you that. It may be for another team, but Palmer will be out of work in the NFL if he continues to make throws like that.

Palmer had Shipley wide open on the 3rd and long drag routes, the one where Palmer unfortunately survived the big hit in the air.

I'm sorry, I can't keep pulling for a player that is an absolute TURD. Palmer is garbage. It's just the way it is. I don't think it's Bratkowski anymore.

You are stuck on Palmer, but no one here has given him a pass. I don't think there is a single member here who thinks Palmer is lights out and shares no part of the blame. You made a post in another thread about Chad and TO not being on the same page as Palmer. Want to wager a guess as to why that might be ?? It couldn't have anything to do with them focusing on anything and everything EXCEPT spending time with Carson to develop that timing and chemistry could it ??

In regards to the ball thrown at Carson, he took full responsibility for it even though he always does that.

TO then went on to say, even though the ball may have been misthrown, HE HAS TO MAKE A BETTER ATTEMPT AT BREAKING IT UP.

In regards to stats, if it weren't for lucky tipped balls and players falling down, TO's stats wouldn't be ANYTHING.

Sorry, but I'm in the camp of wanting to see Chad and TO gone as soon as possible...

When you have one ball, way over your head, the next ball at the ground, then the next way in front of you straight to the defender, that's what you call inconsistancy Army.

Palmer is inconsistant. He's confusing the WR's. I.E. Gresham's big drop. Palmer sucks.

Palmer sucks, TO sucks (he dropped the touchdown in the endzone before he tanked it on that last interception), OchoDoucho sucks...I'd challenge you to find too many guys on this team that don't suck right now.

Benson doesn't suck because he is fighting enormous odds (see lousy playcalling, a dead pass offense and a weak o-line) and still making some production. Shipley and Gresham are the two best rookies this team has had in years. the defense sucks, but I think it's more of a result of seeing such an impotent offense and saying, "screw it." Why should we expect them to carry this team two years in a row?

Bottom line is...same old story. We know how this book ends, and it's nowhere near the Bengals playing in Dallas in February.

And Giz...with the recent departure of JoePong, you've now graduated to the most annoying and least informed member of this forum. Nice job. :sure:

All in all, the most disappointed I have been as a Bengals fan since 2002. So, well done, Bengals. Well freakin' done.

The Miami game provided yet another example of the losers mindset that IMHO neatly defines this season.

Immediately after Benson turns a busted 2nd down play into a short gain announcer Solomon Wilcot begins talking about how important that modest gain really was because it allowed the Bengals the ability to run the ball on 3rd and 2, putting the defense in a position where they have to defend both the run AND the pass, and....nevermind. Because the Bengals casually tossed everything Wilcots was raving about away by lining up in the shotgun with an empty backfield, as they always do. And of course that means they then threw yet another incomplete pass to Owens on a crossing route, as they always do.

Palmer? Owens, Chad? Marvin? Brat? Who cares?

In my opinion nothing defines this miserable season more, from the opener against New England right up to the latest loss, than that ridiculous shotgun formation and empty backfield on 3rd and 2.

Losers.

The Miami game provided yet another example of the losers mindset that IMHO neatly defines this season.

Immediately after Benson turns a busted 2nd down play into a short gain announcer Solomon Wilcot begins talking about how important that modest gain really was because it allowed the Bengals the ability to run the ball on 3rd and 2, putting the defense in a position where they have to defend both the run AND the pass, and....nevermind. Because the Bengals casually tossed everything Wilcots was raving about away by lining up in the shotgun with an empty backfield, as they always do. And of course that means they then threw yet another incomplete pass to Owens on a crossing route, as they always do.

In my opinion nothing defines this miserable season more, from the opener against New England right up to the latest loss, than that ridiculous shotgun formation and empty backfield on 3rd and 2.

Losers.

As much as anything, Bratkowski's fundamental failure as an O coordinator is his lack of deception. He doesn't even attempt to disceive the defense. He sees no value in leaving a back in the backfield even if he has no intention of giving him the ball. He doesn't see the value in play action, pump fakes, flea flickers or most anything that might attempt to fool the defense. Brat's method is "I'm better than you and you can't stop me even if you know what's coming". In the end this sort of thinking devalues your opponent; you're assuming he's an idiot. I think Brat would benefit from a little humility and admit that it's the NFL and the other guy is getting paid too.

Losers.

As much as anything, Bratkowski's fundamental failure as an O coordinator is his lack of deception. He doesn't even attempt to disceive the defense. He sees no value in leaving a back in the backfield even if he has no intention of giving him the ball. He doesn't see the value in play action, pump fakes, flea flickers or most anything that might attempt to fool the defense. Brat's method is "I'm better than you and you can't stop me even if you know what's coming". In the end this sort of thinking devalues your opponent; you're assuming he's an idiot. I think Brat would benefit from a little humility and admit that it's the NFL and the other guy is getting paid too.

I agree with this. I also think it is an extension of how he rejects finding what his players do best and exploiting that, instead attempting to get them do do what he wants them to do.

As well, it does not appear they attempt to exploit a weakness in an opponent, instead they run what they want, regardless.

Palmer sucks, TO sucks (he dropped the touchdown in the endzone before he tanked it on that last interception), OchoDoucho sucks...I'd challenge you to find too many guys on this team that don't suck right now.

Benson doesn't suck because he is fighting enormous odds (see lousy playcalling, a dead pass offense and a weak o-line) and still making some production. Shipley and Gresham are the two best rookies this team has had in years. the defense sucks, but I think it's more of a result of seeing such an impotent offense and saying, "screw it." Why should we expect them to carry this team two years in a row?

Bottom line is...same old story. We know how this book ends, and it's nowhere near the Bengals playing in Dallas in February.

And Giz...with the recent departure of JoePong, you've now graduated to the most annoying and least informed member of this forum. Nice job. :sure:

With inside info from players on the team, I doubt I'm the least informed... I'll keep a tight lip on what I do know.

And Greg.... Newsflash: Benson SUCKS too. He cost us a game. I would play the future RB more - Bernard Scott.

All in all, the most disappointed I have been as a Bengals fan since 2002. So, well done, Bengals. Well freakin' done.

Losers.

Agreed!

But, It all starts at the top with your coaching and your QB. There is no consistancy with the playcalling, no fakery, no surprise whatsoever! Add to that Palmers inconsistant passes that are confusing the hell out of our WR's and you have pure SUCK!

TO and 85 will be around a lot longer in this league than Palmer (at this rate), beleive that...

With inside info from players on the team, I doubt I'm the least informed... I'll keep a tight lip on what I do know.

And Greg.... Newsflash: Benson SUCKS too. He cost us a game. I would play the future RB more - Bernard Scott.

Now you roll out the "Benson sucks" troll bait?

Get the F out of here.

Losers.

I've been harping about the Bengals playcalling all season long but according to the guys at CincyJungle it's actually worse than even I would have guessed. For example, the Bengals have passed on 3rd and 2 nearly 87% of the time this season....which is mind numbingly stupid in it's own right, but is actually worse when you consider the manner they've operated. Because again, on 3rd and 2 to go, when you're lining up in the shotgun formation with an empty backfield you've made it easier for the other guy before the ball is even snapped.

Point blank, this is a stupid football team, not because it's players are stupid, but rather....because it deliberately chooses a stupid and almost gutless way to play. And because there's always a rub in matters like these, well...here it is. The rub is that it would still be a stupid and gutless way to play even if it were working better.

Losers.

I've been harping about the Bengals playcalling all season long but according to the guys at CincyJungle it's actually worse than even I would have guessed. For example, the Bengals have passed on 3rd and 2 nearly 87% of the time this season....which is mind numbingly stupid in it's own right, but is actually worse when you consider the manner they've operated. Because again, on 3rd and 2 to go, when you're lining up in the shotgun formation with an empty backfield you've made it easier for the other guy before the ball is even snapped.

Point blank, this is a stupid football team, not because it's players are stupid, but rather....because it deliberately chooses a stupid and almost gutless way to play. And because there's always a rub in matters like these, well...here it is. The rub is that it would still be a stupid and gutless way to play even if it were working better.

Can somebody please explain to me why they got away from what worked for them last year????? Just because it wasnt some fancey throwing the ball down the field all time offense they felt they had to change it.....that is bulls**t.

This team offense and defense is so vanilla and soft right now its embarresing. What ever happend to lineing up and pounding the ball to wear out the defense? Oh wait they decided to change the o-line from a run blocking line to a pass blocking line. Smart move Marvin, and it shows on the field.

This team is filled with a bunch of quitters, and im thinking the headcoach is one of them. I think he quit during the bye week, and from what Lap said this year Marvin ran a very quite bye week, opposed to last year where he had the guys working hard...whats up with that???????

Benson doesn't suck because he is fighting enormous odds (see lousy playcalling, a dead pass offense and a weak o-line) and still making some production.

Uh Benson does suck, and apparently I'm the only one who notices. Everybody comes down on Carson, but yet you say Benson is "fighting enormous odds" well, so is Carson. It's the same weak O-Line(actually worse against the pass than the run), lousy playcalling, and Carson has to deal with one of the worst starting RB's when it comes to yards per carry.

Of the NFL's Top 30 RB's in terms of yardage...Benson has THE LOWEST yards per carry at 3.8. Add in his pathetic 2 Rushing TD's in 7 games, his 3 Fumbles, and the fact that he has ONLY HAD 1 RUN OF AT LEAST 20 YARDS (22 yds)....Only 1 other Top 20 RB (Joseph Addai at #19) has had that few runs of at least 20.

Blame Carson, blame Chad, blame T.O. that's fine, but if people are blaming them, they better Damn well include Benson....His play has been sh*t too

Yea, OK, NOT! We in the military use the crawl, walk, run method to train Soldiers. Hurt or not the 1st string could have partisipated in the off week. They could have crawled through the plays, pointed out mistakes and fixed them on the spot. They could have studied film. Yet, they decided to put the 2nd and 3rd string guys on the field and work with them. So, we still have the same mistakes as we did in week one.

He said he was going to give the 2nd and 3rd string guys get more playing time during the bye week. That got a great deal accomplished, didn't it!

Because the 1st stringers were all hurt!

Now you roll out the "Benson sucks" troll bait?

Get the F out of here.

Benson doesn't suck because he is fighting enormous odds (see lousy playcalling, a dead pass offense and a weak o-line) and still making some production.

Uh Benson does suck, and apparently I'm the only one who notices. Everybody comes down on Carson, but yet you say Benson is "fighting enormous odds" well, so is Carson. It's the same weak O-Line(actually worse against the pass than the run), lousy playcalling, and Carson has to deal with one of the worst starting RB's when it comes to yards per carry.

Of the NFL's Top 30 RB's in terms of yardage...Benson has THE LOWEST yards per carry at 3.8. Add in his pathetic 2 Rushing TD's in 7 games, his 3 Fumbles, and the fact that he has ONLY HAD 1 RUN OF AT LEAST 20 YARDS (22 yds)....Only 1 other Top 20 RB (Joseph Addai at #19) has had that few runs of at least 20.

Blame Carson, blame Chad, blame T.O. that's fine, but if people are blaming them, they better Damn well include Benson....His play has been sh*t too

Thank you for enlightening them Pimp..... Now Kingwilly, go read a book and get the F out of here.

C'mon GREG!!! LMAO at the numbnuts comment, that's classic. +1 for you...

Now you know RB's are a dime a dozen. Hell, you could put Jerome Bettis in there as our starting RB and even he would break a few 10-15 yard gains here and there. Benson isn't bringing ANYTHING to the table.

Scott should get more playing time, Benson will be gone in another year or two. Play the future.

I agree with this. I also think it is an extension of how he rejects finding what his players do best and exploiting that, instead attempting to get them do do what he wants them to do.

Support for this belief can be found in Brat's own statement a week or two ago. He was ruminating on the difficulties the offense was having, and he said something like, 'we plugged the pieces in, but things just aren't working right yet.'

To Brat his system is the main ingredient in the offense. Like Willy stated, he doesn't bother to find what his players do best and exploit it. Instead he plugs in the pieces. I can't stand the thought of having to watch another season of Brat's stupidity. He absolutely has to go after this year.

Since no one else wants to give Agreen credit for the information he brings, I will. He actually does call a lot of stuff in advance. He called the T.O. signing two days or so before they announced it, and he's correctly predicted other moves before that one.

Benson sucks? I couldn't disagree more. If anyone can find any examples of Benson giving less than 100% on even one play, I'd love to see it. As far as his complaints about the offense not running the ball enough - he's right.

Imagine Ced as the team faces a 3rd at 2. He's pretty much at the peak of his powers right now. A power running back who needs just a bit of an opening. If he gets two steps forward, it takes the defense two yards just to get him on the ground. He's got to be steaming when they take him out of the game and go shotgun on 3rd down.

Support for this belief can be found in Brat's own statement a week or two ago. He was ruminating on the difficulties the offense was having, and he said something like, 'we plugged the pieces in, but things just aren't working right yet.'

IMHO things didn't work as soon as needed due to the miserable chemistry and communication skills of the personalities involved. None of the players involved seem to trust each other and the only thing they can all agree upon is things are not only needlessly complicated, but more importantly...each player seems to think the solution to the problems is coaching related. And I base that upon Benson's remarks about how it doesn't have to be this hard to Chad's whining about how all he can do is make himself available to Owens remarks about his suggestions being ignored. In short, there's plenty of vague finger pointing by players but none of it seems to be directed at Palmer. All of it seems to be directed at Brat....without actually saying his name.

I can't stand the thought of having to watch another season of Brat's stupidity. He absolutely has to go after this year.

Two quick points. First, I should admit that the primary reason I want Marvin fired is because of his seemingly willing partnership with Bratkowski. Second, nothing makes me madder of late than reading all of the excuses being offered by Bengal coaches about how difficult it's been finding opportunities to run the football due to the score. Well how about throwing less than 87% of time on 3rd and 2? Or how about fewer empty backfields on 3rd and f**king 1?

And let's face it, one of the reasons this season feels so disappointing is none of us can rule out the idea that Brat, Chad, and even Owens might be back next season.

Since no one else wants to give Agreen credit for the information he brings, I will. He actually does call a lot of stuff in advance. He called the T.O. signing two days or so before they announced it, and he's correctly predicted other moves before that one.

Benson sucks? I couldn't disagree more. If anyone can find any examples of Benson giving less than 100% on even one play, I'd love to see it. As far as his complaints about the offense not running the ball enough - he's right.

Imagine Ced as the team faces a 3rd at 2. He's pretty much at the peak of his powers right now. A power running back who needs just a bit of an opening. If he gets two steps forward, it takes the defense two yards just to get him on the ground. He's got to be steaming when they take him out of the game and go shotgun on 3rd down.

Sorry, giz-bang is nothing more than Captain Obvious, with an "I told you so, I played ball" BS attitude. On the rare occasions his predictions are correct, they are neither ground breaking nor so amazing but his gloating and azzhat act is boring.

I agree that Benson has done nothing but give 100% and have no reason to think he cannot produce as we know he can if they re-emphasize the run first. Placing any blame on Benson is misguided and mostly shows lack of understanding of this football team.

Speaking of Captain Obvious...(ahem)....everybody now seems to have figured out what a precious few of us have been complaining about since the New England game. And the fact that we're all now talking about this 7 weeks into a ruined season is ample proof of how stupidly stubborn Bob Bratkowski has been.

Anyways, here's a snippet from the latest guy who managed to figure things out before Bratkowski....an ever expanding crowd that refuses to accept the likes of Gizzle. Or for that matter, Hoosier.

:lmao:

Suffering from third down blues

By Marc Hardin

FOX Sports Ohio | Bengals Insider

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski wound up pointing out the obvious when asked about the team's problems on offense in the loss to Miami, but his prefacing list was ominous.

"When you chart (the plays) and see where it broke down there was no common theme to it," Bratkowski said. "Some were good plays by them (the Dolphins), some are not doing things, some were inexperience with some of the younger guys, so it's a variety of things. It's a critical thing. We've got to do better on third downs."

Cincinnati went 4-for-4 on third-down conversions on Sunday's opening drive, which produced a 15-play, 86-yard touchdown, the team's first this season on a game-starting drive. Then they failed to convert 10 straight on third down after being unable to make adjustments to the Dolphins' adjustments.

Sunday was not a fluke.

Quarterback Carson Palmer is ranked last in the AFC in third-down passing. He is 40-for-82 for 431 yards and a passer rating of 62.6, making him one of just four quarterbacks in the league with a completion percentage of less then 50 percent on third down.

In a particularly brutal stretch on Sunday against Miami, Palmer passed on five straight third downs and was 1-for-5 for four yards. With no balance in play-calling on third down, opponents have a good chance to guess correctly that the Bengals will pass, and those defenses seem ready. Meanwhile, the Bengals continue to show little faith in the running game on the cricial down. In short, Cincinnati has become too predictable on third down.

With failures once again on third down, coupled by too many second-and-longs because of the team's inability to get longer gains on first down, the Bengals are rendering their running attack behind Cedric Benson a non-factor in big portions of games. Benson had just 17 yards on seven carries after halftime against Miami after rushing for 52 yards and appearing to be on his way to 100 before the break.

"We put ourselves in some third-and-long situations instead of using the run game to get into third and short or third and mediums," Palmer said.

Here's the latest example of a Bengal player pointing a finger in the vague direction of Bob Bratkowski, not Carson Palmer, courtesy of Cedric Benson.

"The biggest thing that wears on you (is) when you have a suggestion. When you feel things could be done a little better with a slight change somewhere (and) whether you say it or not, it’s not going to matter. They’re not going to change anything. That’s kind of the frustrating part. You preach about it being a team sport, but when it comes to feedback and stuff like that, it’s not appreciated. You've got to do what you’re told. That’s the frustrating part. You just got to try and find joy being in the National Footbal League and having this wonderful opportunity and play football." --- Cedric Benson

Speaking of Captain Obvious...(ahem)....everybody now seems to have figured out what a precious few of us have been complaining about since the New England game. And the fact that we're all now talking about this 7 weeks into a ruined season is ample proof of how stupidly stubborn Bob Bratkowski has been.

Anyways, here's a snippet from the latest guy who managed to figure things out before Bratkowski....an ever expanding crowd that refuses to accept the likes of Gizzle. Or for that matter, Hoosier.

:lmao:

Suffering from third down blues

By Marc Hardin

FOX Sports Ohio | Bengals Insider

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski wound up pointing out the obvious when asked about the team's problems on offense in the loss to Miami, but his prefacing list was ominous.

"When you chart (the plays) and see where it broke down there was no common theme to it," Bratkowski said. "Some were good plays by them (the Dolphins), some are not doing things, some were inexperience with some of the younger guys, so it's a variety of things. It's a critical thing. We've got to do better on third downs."

Cincinnati went 4-for-4 on third-down conversions on Sunday's opening drive, which produced a 15-play, 86-yard touchdown, the team's first this season on a game-starting drive. Then they failed to convert 10 straight on third down after being unable to make adjustments to the Dolphins' adjustments.

Sunday was not a fluke.

Quarterback Carson Palmer is ranked last in the AFC in third-down passing. He is 40-for-82 for 431 yards and a passer rating of 62.6, making him one of just four quarterbacks in the league with a completion percentage of less then 50 percent on third down.

In a particularly brutal stretch on Sunday against Miami, Palmer passed on five straight third downs and was 1-for-5 for four yards. With no balance in play-calling on third down, opponents have a good chance to guess correctly that the Bengals will pass, and those defenses seem ready. Meanwhile, the Bengals continue to show little faith in the running game on the cricial down. In short, Cincinnati has become too predictable on third down.

With failures once again on third down, coupled by too many second-and-longs because of the team's inability to get longer gains on first down, the Bengals are rendering their running attack behind Cedric Benson a non-factor in big portions of games. Benson had just 17 yards on seven carries after halftime against Miami after rushing for 52 yards and appearing to be on his way to 100 before the break.

"We put ourselves in some third-and-long situations instead of using the run game to get into third and short or third and mediums," Palmer said.

I think we can all agree that 82 pass attempts on third down to date this season is nuts. Palmer has only attempted 282 in total, making the 82 thrown on 3rd downs is about 30%.

One key point in the article above is untrue. The contention that they could not run the ball because they had too many 3rd and longs. Starting the second half, the had a 3rd and 2, and passed. Next possession (after muffed punt recovery) they passed again on 3rd and 2, incomplete. On another 3rd and 2, they had a pass play and Palmer scrambled, coming up short, though they went for it on 4th down and converted. So, in review, in the second half, they threw on EVERY 3rd down (9), even on the 3 third and shorts. What is written is not true. They did not even TRY to run when in a 3rd and short.

In fact, combing through the plays in the first half, they did not run on 3rd down, at all, either. Palmer took a keeper on 3rd and inches, but that was it, and I cannot count that as "getting the running game going" or maintaining balance.

Brat is an idiot.

Utter idiot.