Went to the game today, not good!

combatbengal

I took my son to his first Bengal game today. He enjoyed the game atmosphere but wasn’t happy with the Bengals. Nobody in the stadium was! We followed the crowd in the 4th quarter (11 minutes to go in the game) and left the stadium. The Bengals gave up right before half time. We have a quarterback who’s from USC and you’d think he had some smarts, NOT! Less than two minutes in the half, we have the lead and ball and what do we do? We go three and out, and let them kick their 4th FG of the game right before half time. On 3rd down, Palmer takes the snap, never and I mean not once does he look down field, just back peddles and throws the ball away at the feet of a player in the backfield. There was another play to where he had tons of room to tuck the ball and run for a first down(could have ran out of bounds and not be touched) but he waits and waits and waits, and then throws another incomplete pass. All day long, he threw into triple coverage. Now, my math maybe wrong, but when you have three defenders on one WR, doesn’t that mean someone on the field is going to be open, or close to being open?

So we had a few 3rd downs with 2 yards to go. I could have sworn we had a beast as a running back in Benson. Yet we chose to throw an incomplete pass every times and end up punting the ball. You know we could have brought Peko in as a FB and Benson as the tailback and made those 1st downs. But who am I, just a novice fan.

So is the season over, NO, but the way they’re playing, YES! The coaches are too stuck on themselves to think that what they’re doing and how they’re coaching is right! They hear the boo’s in the stadium, they read the blogs of all the negativity and disappointment of the fans. They hear the guys on sports center pointing out deficiencies, and yet they refuse to make changes or adjustments. So what are we playing for now? I think it’s a draft pick.

Right now, Buffalo has the first pick locked in.

Cowboys and Panthers have the 2nd and 3rd pick locked in.

Bengals, Browns, Denver, Vikings, Lions, and 49’s are fighting for the 4-9th picks.

So what do we use our pick for? A new QB, I think Palmer is done! An o lineman, the QB needs protections! A WR’s? TO will be gone next year, and Chad is done! A run stopper? Who knows.

We need tons of changes and I hope we don’t start rebuilding again. We just need some coaches who will bring discipline and changes to the team. I’m just frustrated!!!

I haven’t heard any of the post interviews but I bet Marvin and Palmer are saying, we have to play better, we have to make adjustments. We only made a few mistakes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They suck...

Yeah, I'm frustrated as well, but they suck.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel they just time traveled back to the '90's? :blink:

Funny thing is, I found myself shaking my head and even laughing at how poor they were playing while watching the game today.

The Dolphins fans around me didn't know what to make of it. I just said, "Boy we really suck"...

It's been some time since I felt so unemotional about the Bengals.

On 3rd down, Palmer takes the snap, never and I mean not once does he look down field, just back peddles and throws the ball away at the feet of a player in the backfield. There was another play to where he had tons of room to tuck the ball and run for a first down(could have ran out of bounds and not be touched) but he waits and waits and waits, and then throws another incomplete pass. All day long, he threw into triple coverage. Now, my math maybe wrong, but when you have three defenders on one WR, doesn’t that mean someone on the field is going to be open, or close to being open?

So you are upset at him for not taking a shot down field into coverage, and you are upset at him for taking a shot down field into coverage. I am sure we are all frustrated and we have the right to be. But in your post all I see is someone blinded because of a dislike for 1 person that they are completely ignoring how absolutely terrible the entire surrounding cast was too. It was an abysmal game from top to bottom. Personally i think its time to clean house.

the defense aint right. say what u want about palmer but TO flat out quits on plays. i thought that pass could have been made, TO just didnt want to put himself out there. hell in the first drive he ducks under and almost got palmer picked. So you can complain about palmer but when your throwing to over-rated bums s**t is going to happen. this defense can't play. i dont care bout what the stats said about fieldgoals miami flat out blew its own momentum by missing wide open receivers or dropping passes. i knew when miami had the ball on that one drive that the d couldnt wasnt going to stop them. it just wasnt. carsons stats are comprable to any good qb in the league so stop pointing the finger at him after every freaking loss. that said they can rebound if pitt loses tonite with a win monday night, so WHO f**king DEY.

LOL, som eof this is what I said in another post.

They might be playing for a draft pick but not to get a high pick, LOL. THey want a pick they ahve to pay the least amount of money for. IMHO.

and yes, the Bengals will beat the Steelers next Monday.

I'll bet anyone that wants it.

First of all, Palmer is the commander on that field! He takes to long making decisions and makes a lot of bad ones! I agree with TO quitting and cahd didin't do anything to help. The Def sucked all day long! The Fins let us stay in that game with dropped balls, we weren't covering them well at all. I had tickets to two more games this season but got rid of them. Not going to freeze to death just to watch them lose. Pitt is having problems with the Saints right now. I'm sure we'll play them tough Monday, but am not getting my hopes up for a win. Marvin will probably give the starters most of the week off instead of getting ready for Monday.

Funny thing is, I found myself shaking my head and even laughing at how poor they were playing while watching the game today.

The Dolphins fans around me didn't know what to make of it. I just said, "Boy we really suck"...

It's been some time since I felt so unemotional about the Bengals.

I'm totally right there with you Army. I've kind of detached this season. It's probably a defense mechanism borne of many crap seasons by our team.

We know this s**t when we see it.

Steelers are losing which helps us, but we have to find a way to help ourselves by winning a game. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me. when TO catches the ball, why does he always try to run backwards. we've lost some 1st downs becaasue of that! He did it again today1

I don't think anyone ever explained to him what YAC is.

Steelers are losing which helps us, but we have to find a way to help ourselves by winning a game. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me. when TO catches the ball, why does he always try to run backwards. we've lost some 1st downs becaasue of that! He did it again today1

Dude, without T.O. this offense would be NOTHING! Learn the game.... I just feel bad for the players on this team that are actually DOING their job. Bobbie Williams, T.O., Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, Keith Rivers, 85, Whitworth, Shipley.. All the rest of the players are backups.

Chad and Palmer are on separate pages. Palmers bad throws are tearing their chemistry apart. Chad only gets a good catch when the ball is catchable. He shouldn't have to stretch for EVERY single pass. He's not superman. You guys can say what you want, really don't care. 85 is playing good. He's blocking. His routes are crisp.

#9 can't hit the broad side of a f**king barn, I wish he would've got his block knocked off when he decided to run the ball on 3rd and long WITH A WIDE OPEN SHIPLEY FOR THE 1ST DOWN!!!

To be honest, the game was over when Palmer hit T.O. on the 2nd (lucky) TD. Palmer threw the ball straight to the defender!!! From that point on, the game was over. Without that freak pop-up ball for a TD, that game would've been a LOT worse.

I love the golden boy but the boy unfortunatley is done. The way he's playing right now is horrible.

Dude, without T.O. this offense would be NOTHING! Learn the game.... I just feel bad for the players on this team that are actually DOING their job. Bobbie Williams, T.O., Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, Keith Rivers, 85, Whitworth, Shipley.. All the rest of the players are backups.

Chad and Palmer are on separate pages. Palmers bad throws are tearing their chemistry apart. Chad only gets a good catch when the ball is catchable. He shouldn't have to stretch for EVERY single pass. He's not superman. You guys can say what you want, really don't care. 85 is playing good. He's blocking. His routes are crisp.

#9 can't hit the broad side of a f**king barn, I wish he would've got his block knocked off when he decided to run the ball on 3rd and long WITH A WIDE OPEN SHIPLEY FOR THE 1ST DOWN!!!

To be honest, the game was over when Palmer hit T.O. on the 2nd (lucky) TD. Palmer threw the ball straight to the defender!!! From that point on, the game was over. Without that freak pop-up ball for a TD, that game would've been a LOT worse.

I love the golden boy but the boy unfortunatley is done. The way he's playing right now is horrible.

I think TO is a sh*t sandwich and yesterday was a perfect example of why. He didn't even bother to try on the pass Carson threw for an interception. It was a halfassed play that defines exactly what we've seen to this point in the season. Undisciplined. Sure our offense would be worse, but that isn't saying much when looking at the big picture of the season as a whole.

Chad is absolute garbage and he continues to show exactly what most have been complaining about. No heart. Chad = hot garbage.

Agree that Palmer has been a pile of squirrel turds and that's hard to say, because he is my favorite player.

I think TO is a sh*t sandwich and yesterday was a perfect example of why. He didn't even bother to try on the pass Carson threw for an interception. It was a halfassed play that defines exactly what we've seen to this point in the season. Undisciplined. Sure our offense would be worse, but that isn't saying much when looking at the big picture of the season as a whole.

Chad is absolute garbage and he continues to show exactly what most have been complaining about. No heart. Chad = hot garbage.

Agree that Palmer has been a pile of squirrel turds and that's hard to say, because he is my favorite player.

Well I haven't been wrong yet and 85 is still here.....

You have to be kidding me Army. That ball to T.O. was STRAIGHT to the defender. T.O. didn't have a cold chance in hell at catching that ball. There is something TERRIBLY wrong with Palmer. A professional QB of his caliper does NOT the bad throws that he is making. It just doesn't happen like that bro. Something is wrong. T.O. and Chad will be around A LOT longer than Palmer at this rate, I promise you that. It may be for another team, but Palmer will be out of work in the NFL if he continues to make throws like that.

Palmer had Shipley wide open on the 3rd and long drag routes, the one where Palmer unfortunately survived the big hit in the air.

I'm sorry, I can't keep pulling for a player that is an absolute TURD. Palmer is garbage. It's just the way it is. I don't think it's Bratkowski anymore.

You have to be kidding me Army. That ball to T.O. was STRAIGHT to the defender. T.O. didn't have a cold chance in hell at catching that ball. There is something TERRIBLY wrong with Palmer. A professional QB of his caliper does NOT the bad throws that he is making. It just doesn't happen like that bro. Something is wrong. T.O. and Chad will be around A LOT longer than Palmer at this rate, I promise you that. It may be for another team, but Palmer will be out of work in the NFL if he continues to make throws like that.

Palmer had Shipley wide open on the 3rd and long drag routes, the one where Palmer unfortunately survived the big hit in the air.

I'm sorry, I can't keep pulling for a player that is an absolute TURD. Palmer is garbage. It's just the way it is. I don't think it's Bratkowski anymore.

WHAT!!!!!! I see no effort from TO and there are many examples of this, yesterday twice did he not put the effort in to making catches that might have not been on target. Go for the ball maybe you will catch it or maybe you get a PI call. How about some of those other games when instead of trying to catch the ball he throws his hands up looking for the PI call. Once again no effort!! Im happy when he actully does have the effort and actully catches the ball and tries, but he needs to give 110% all the time!!!!

Chad just flat out sucks, his route running sucks, he is still not on page with Carson after all these years, and he needs to be benched for his sucky attitude and effort. I miss the old Chad (Johnson), the one that actully cared about football, and stayed after practice, and stayed at the facility to be the best WR. Now all he cares about is how many fans he can get on his twitter page, or how to tweet during games. Im tired of him and time for him to go!!!!!!

If you ask me this whole team is not giving the effort they should. There confindece is shot, they walk around with there heads down on the field when something bad happens, and can never recover after a mistake. I blame Marvin for not getting his guys ready to play through thick and thin, its not always going to be easy but give 110% all game and maybe they can win.

You are stuck on Palmer, but no one here has given him a pass. I don't think there is a single member here who thinks Palmer is lights out and shares no part of the blame. You made a post in another thread about Chad and TO not being on the same page as Palmer. Want to wager a guess as to why that might be ?? It couldn't have anything to do with them focusing on anything and everything EXCEPT spending time with Carson to develop that timing and chemistry could it ??

In regards to the ball thrown at Carson, he took full responsibility for it even though he always does that.

TO then went on to say, even though the ball may have been misthrown, HE HAS TO MAKE A BETTER ATTEMPT AT BREAKING IT UP.

He made zero attempt and that is my point. There is no effort.

In regards to stats, if it weren't for lucky tipped balls and players falling down, TO's stats wouldn't be ANYTHING.

Luck doesn't make you a great player, it makes you lucky.

Sorry, but I'm in the camp of wanting to see Chad and TO gone as soon as possible...

Chad, and TO are what make this team a laughing stock, and i think its time to move on from them and let guys who want to "just play football" thats what i want on this team.

I think for some reason there alot of ME ME ME on this team, and not enough playing like a team going on. Thats how this team won last year, when things went bad somebody steped up and did the right thing. When the offense messed up the defense made it up to them, and vice versa. This year when something goes bad, everyones head is down and they can not over come it.

Well I've heard Palmer say this a few times over the past few weeks. When asked how he feels about the negative comments made towards him or the booing from the fans, he says he doesn't care. The fans don't bother him and what they think or say doesn't matter. He believes in himself and that's all that matters. So, we can keep talking about his poor play and booing him. the fact of the matter is, it won't affect his play. Why, becasue he cashes his game check week after week no matter if they win or lose. And who's providing that money that he's putting in his fat checking account? Oh that's right, we the Bengal fans are. The people who pay for tickets, buy jerseys, etc....

Well I've heard Palmer say this a few times over the past few weeks. When asked how he feels about the negative comments made towards him or the booing from the fans, he says he doesn't care. The fans don't bother him and what they think or say doesn't matter. He believes in himself and that's all that matters. So, we can keep talking about his poor play and booing him. the fact of the matter is, it won't affect his play. Why, becasue he cashes his game check week after week no matter if they win or lose. And who's providing that money that he's putting in his fat checking account? Oh that's right, we the Bengal fans are. The people who pay for tickets, buy jerseys, etc....

Yep and just think thats one "big pay check"! Imagine what this team could do with the money we are spending on him, sign JJoe, maybe sign Benson, extend Halls contract.

He is getting payed way to much, he is not the same guy its time to ask him to take a pay cut.

For all the years it seemed like Palmer was Teflon and couldnt be touched it seems he has swung in the opposite direction. Now it doesnt matter what he does he sucks. I guess hating him is the en vogue thing now.

Anyone and I mean anyone who says to and chad and the offensive line are not an equal part of the problem are just as blinded by pure bias as anyone who says palmer has nothing to do with it.

Fact of the matter is, this team sucks. This team is a bad team right now. And its a whole lot of guys making the difference. No 1 player is the answer.

And as for the money to resign JJoe, Hall, and Benson. Lets not forget the Bengals do have the 3rd lowest payroll in the nfl, 20 million cheaper than any other afc north team. You know, 20 million could make 1 hell of a dent on those 3 players.