Bengals vs Dolphins-Game Day discussion

jjakq27

I can see your point but I am saying that it can't be a positive thing if that uncertainty is there. If he was unhappy or unsure of Marvin then he should have fired him after last season. Trying to ride it out and hedge that the team would fail so he could get Marvin at a reduced rate or Marvin would have less leverage after a poor season is just stupid. I certainly hope that wasn't the plan.

Marvin had a contract on the table is what everybody is saying, I think Marvin thought he was going to have a good year and thought that he was going to have leverage to dictate what his contract was. Guess what Marvin you don't have any leverage, nobody around the league wants him as a head coach after this debacle. He has never won a playoff game as a head coach, his team has under acheived at this point in the season and only the most optimistic(ignorant)Bengal fan would believe that he can turn this season around. I really do think they will beat the Steelers next week because the bright lights of Monday night football will be on those two damn diva receivers. But when those lights go off and it's just another game their lack of leadership will shine it's ugly head again. I wouldn't be sad to see Marvin go, his game management has been overall horrendous. Being outcoached is his forte.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a contract on the table from the Brown family isn't a guarantee of anything worthy. And again, if they didn't really want Marvin, the should have canned him.

The line I heard is that the hang-up wasn't money but changes in the operation. Regardless, I think both side fkd things up and it really doesn't seem to matter at this point.

Just out of curiosity, do you have someone that you'd like to see come in as head coach?

Having a contract on the table from the Brown family isn't a guarantee of anything worthy. And again, if they didn't really want Marvin, the should have canned him.

The line I heard is that the hang-up wasn't money but changes in the operation. Regardless, I think both side fkd things up and it really doesn't seem to matter at this point.

Just out of curiosity, do you have someone that you'd like to see come in as head coach?

I would like anybody who can actully disapline this team, and not let the players run the team

Somebody with enough balls to pull players out of the game when they quit or are not giving 110%

Somebody who can actully make in game, and halftime adjustments

It time for a change, nothing has changed since Marvin has been here. Im happy for what he did, but each year i want to expect better then 8-8, and when there is expectations they are horrible.

You NEVER see players getting yanked out of the game on this team.

I remember a time when Marvin would sit Chad because of being late for a meeting.

Now Marvin does nothing to Chad and TO even though they tweet during the game or halftime, its like he is letting them run the team.

Grow a set Marvin, show this team that your the boss not the players

He's still in charge. Would you prefer I start blaming towel boys, grounds keepers, and equipment managers?

How about the coaches and players genius. Mike Brown actally made a good effort to improve this team this year, the one bad decision(Bryant) that he made has nothing to do with why we are losing. Blaming Mike Brown every week is the easy answer, but to actually see that the man made a good effort to make this team good this year is something else. I'm right with you that he has made terrible decisions in the past but this year is not on him. It's the lack of professionalism by Marvin Lewis coaching staff and the players, everybody sees that the Bengals have talent but it's the coaches and players job to transfer that talent to the field. Mike Brown gave Marvin the tools that he needed this year, the players and Marvin Lewis staff deserve all the blame this year.

Ya he made effort when came bringing players in,But he's still Mike Brown when comes to the Front Office and being way to loyal to coaching staff...

WHY is brat still employed? why did we extend alexander?

I had to watch the game on dvr so I am late to the conversation and not reading anything said here. Mainly out of anger. Still a brief run down of things I see on this team.

Fire Bratkowski. Comepletely abandoned the run game. Most predictable playcalling I have ever seen.

Fire Marvin Lewis. I am convinced he doesnt care about winning. The thing that stuck with me the most during the game. After the muffed punt when the Bengals lined up, Marvin called a timeout. Carson while walking to the sideline clearly said "what the f*** was that". Its just an embarassment of the team.

Put Zimmer on notice. I understand protecting your young defensive backs, but at some point you have to attack.

Get rid of chad. I dont think anything needs to be said here, just not a good player anymore.

Get rid of to. I am convinced this man could not spell route let alone run one. And you know, when I was 5 the first thing coaches would teach me, come back to the ball. He is how old? And still cant do it.

Slap Gresham around a bit. He at this point just seems out of the game. He has too much talent to be that bad.

Rebuild next year starting with these positions in order. Offensive Line:Offensive Line:Offensive Line:Defensive Line:Defensive Line:Safety:Safety:Pass rushing linebacker:Wide Reciever

The rest of this year I would see what Jerome Simpson has. Get him some starts I cant believe his routes are any worse than I have seen from our "stars" over the past 2 weeks.

This team is unmotivated, do not seem to like the coach, and comepletely checked out. End it, blow it up, and try to build a team right, starting in the front office and with some scouts. Also as for my hate for the coaches, I know the players need to play, but lets not forget who scouted these players too.