Cam Newton

I can't remember a time I was less interested in the Heisman.

It's never been a sporting "high priority" for me in the past, but this was ridiculously predictable.

Sad part is, I still have little faith in what Newton will do at the next level.

Can't be any worse than what another Heisman winner has done in Cincinnati.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never been a sporting "high priority" for me in the past, but this was ridiculously predictable.

Sad part is, I still have little faith in what Newton will do at the next level.

Well, when Newton has some 4000 yard passing seasons and pro-bowl MVP's, I'll say he's had some success.

That's not a glowing endorsement for what we have in Carson, rather my low expectations for Newton.

wow, what a running back! explosive and everything!

what's that you say? he's a QB? oh, his completion percentage is 45 (per the first video)? not so good after all, huh?

stop posting videos of runs. i wanna see some clutch throws, the kind he'd have to make in the NFL when he can't outrun everybody anymore. Of course, i doubt his 45% completion rate will translate well into the pro game. In my eyes, all these (usually black, but that's beyond the point) runner/passer gimmick QBs in college never really do any good in the NFL. they're so used to being able to run when the passing lanes aren't immediately open that they'll pull it down as soon as the play starts in the NFL, instead of waiting for the passing lanes to open and making the completion. of course, after taking off, they make a few quick steps and then get clobbered by a 300lb D-lineman.

Not sure why you even had to put black in there...but what about that guy named mike vick? hes having a pretty damned good year and before his legal troubles he still won a s**t load of games.

Vince Young is another one of those gimmick QBs and even though his respecability plummeted this year he wins games. period. he might not put up great stats but hes above .500 as QB and that means more to me than passing yards.

Wasnt Steve Young known as running QB back in the day? I think he did pretty good.

ANd well Randall Cunningham was pretty solid for some years as a running threat QB as well.

Like it or not the position of QB is changing and there will be many more of the QBs to come. Hell look at the league Big Ben, Josh Freeman, Mike Vick McNabb theres a lot of QBs out there who arent just pocket presence QBs. Even one of the best Passers in the league Aaron ROdgers is pretty damn athletic and can take off and run (even though it costed Green Bay this week)

Dang Billy, you'd think Carson stole your woman or something, as much as you hate him....

Dang Billy, you'd think Carson stole your woman or something, as much as you hate him....

I never said I hate him. What I hate is the way he loses games by throwing up pick sixes like popcorn. I may be wrong, but I honestly feel it's time for the team to move on at the QB position.