Time to talk about the Falcons...

ArmyBengal

Hush Hoosier, that was my fantasy TE.

Anyone see the comments from Brat about not being able to make the offense any simpler ??

I wonder how that must feel to know you've dumbed it down as far as possible and it's still not working ??

Who should be more embarrassed, the players who can't grasp it, or the coach who can't make "simple" work ??

Anyone see the comments from Brat about not being able to make the offense any simpler ??

I wonder how that must feel to know you've dumbed it down as far as possible and it's still not working ??

Who should be more embarrassed, the players who can't grasp it, or the coach who can't make "simple" work ??

Any watchmaker will tell you clockwork simply won't operate if you start removing gears, springs, and screws.

Edit: Can someone post the meaty bits of the above mentioned Joe Reedy article? Each time I try to read the article it locks up my computer.

Can someone post the meaty bits of the above mentioned Joe Reedy article?

from: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/10/21/some-tweaks-to-the-offense/

For all those calling for Bob Bratkowski to pare down the offense due to presnap penalties and turnovers, the Bengals offensive coordinator said on Thursday that there’s not too much left to eliminate.

“We’ve been simpler this year than we’ve been in seven years,” Bratkowski said following Thursday’s practice. “The reason we did it was because we’ve got some new parts in there.”

With the drafting of Jermaine Gresham and Jordan Shipley along with the late signing of Terrell Owens, things still resemble a work in progress at times.

Going into Sunday’s game at Atlanta, the Bengals are ranked 11th in total offense (351.4 yards per game) and seventh in passing (248.0 ypg). However until they can convert those yards into points, especially touchdowns, the stats really don’t matter.

During the bye week Bratkowski said that they tinkered with a few things and have been happy with the results in practice so far. The biggest indicator though will be on Sunday.

“I feel like we’re moving in the right direction, now we have to go prove it,” Bratkowski said.

Thanks for the help, TJ. Not sure why that article kept locking up my computer but after three times I decided enough was enough. As for the article itself, there wasn't much meat on the bone besides this rather predictable remark about crap stats...

"However until they can convert those yards into points, especially touchdowns, the stats really don’t matter.

I will be shocked if the Bengals win. It would be a miracle when looking at Ryan's home record vs Marvins road record. Double miracle would be the Steelers losing and the Bengals winning. The season would have renewed hope!

Yea i would be shocked too. Im just not sure how the o-line is going to block John Abraham, the o-line struggles against very fast DE.

Im also not sure how they will cover the TE, the Bengals have yet to show they can cover one.

Also how will they stop a physical runner in Turner, remember what Hillis did to them!

Its going to be very tough to win this game, i truly hope they do, but its going to be tough.

Can someone post the meaty bits of the above mentioned Joe Reedy article?

from: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/10/21/some-tweaks-to-the-offense/

For all those calling for Bob Bratkowski to pare down the offense due to presnap penalties and turnovers, the Bengals offensive coordinator said on Thursday that there’s not too much left to eliminate.

“We’ve been simpler this year than we’ve been in seven years,” Bratkowski said following Thursday’s practice. “The reason we did it was because we’ve got some new parts in there.”

With the drafting of Jermaine Gresham and Jordan Shipley along with the late signing of Terrell Owens, things still resemble a work in progress at times.

Going into Sunday’s game at Atlanta, the Bengals are ranked 11th in total offense (351.4 yards per game) and seventh in passing (248.0 ypg). However until they can convert those yards into points, especially touchdowns, the stats really don’t matter.

During the bye week Bratkowski said that they tinkered with a few things and have been happy with the results in practice so far. The biggest indicator though will be on Sunday.

“I feel like we’re moving in the right direction, now we have to go prove it,” Bratkowski said.

this kills me to hear this. our o-line is built to run the ball. we have been very successful at it and it carried us to the playoffs last season. so why are we so quick to force the passing game? why would you, as a team not continue to do what you do best. then develop the passing game as the season progresses? anyways bengals mistakes cost them another one, bengals lose 20-17

Wasn't the Falcons game in '06 the game where Chad Johnson became OchoCinco? I guess there's an anniversary of some sorts in that.

To me the key is turnovers, as always. When the Bengals have been successful they have been on the plus side of that statistic. Gotta get a few takeways early and let Cedric run.

Minimize the dumb penalties and contest the long passes. Hall and Joseph have been passive at times this season.

I am not sure how much can be made of Zimmer's prior affiliation with the Falcons since there's a whole new staff in place but his comments this week about Bobby Petrino were very honest and refreshing.

They will lose this game similar to the way they lost in NE.

Slow start, outclassed, outcoached.... Then roar back in the second half to lose by 3.

Season will seem lost, then they will go on a 3 or 4 game run, only to re-vert down the stretch.

Nice call......

Slow start, outclassed, outcoached.... Then roar back in the second half to lose by 3.

Season will seem lost, then they will go on a 3 or 4 game run, only to re-vert down the stretch.

Nice call......

Incredible call by Willy!

called it.

called it.

Damn, you did call it.