Steelers, Lucky Again

Sea Ray

The Steelers catch still another break as the Browns will start their 3rd string QB against them this weekend...a rookie who was so bad in the preseason that he was nearly cut by Holmgren. Why couldn't the Bengals draw McCoy? Look for a nice blowout win for Big Ben's return

The Steelers catch still another break as the Browns will start their 3rd string QB against them this weekend...a rookie who was so bad in the preseason that he was nearly cut by Holmgren. Why couldn't the Bengals draw McCoy? Look for a nice blowout win for Big Ben's return

I doubt any QB that Cleveland has would prove effective against the Steelers.

Last year Cleveland did manage to beat Pittsburgh

That was last year Sea Ray. This year they will be the team to beat in the AFC North.

True, but a rookie QB making his first NFL appearance let alone start? Nobody in College runs a Defense as complex as the Steelers, or with those kind of athletes. I'd be surprise if McCoy makes it out of the 1st Half alive.... They'll be loading up to stop Hillis.

That was last year Sea Ray. This year they will be the team to beat in the AFC North.

It's sure looking like that now which makes it even more of a mismatch. Who thought Pittsburgh was the team to beat Labor Day weekend? My how these things change

I know I am making excuses or creating conspiracy theories but how is it that Pittsburgh conveniently has a bye week after week 4 when Ben returns and they have had 3 of 5 home games including their opener, while we win the division and have only played two at home out of five and open on the road.

Call it what you want, but the Steelers have won with nobody QB's, a tough TOUGH defense, and a hardnosed running attack.

I don't see luck in that, but see what people are getting at.

They deserve credit for sure. I just think it's coincidental that their bye was situated after week 4.

As for the home team, had we taken a page out of the Reds book and beaten the crap teams (Browns, Bucs) and lost to the better teams (Pats and Ravens) we would be 3-2. But that is certainly would be better than 2-3 where we are now.

I know I am making excuses or creating conspiracy theories but how is it that Pittsburgh conveniently has a bye week after week 4 when Ben returns and they have had 3 of 5 home games including their opener, while we win the division and have only played two at home out of five and open on the road.

No conspiracy needed, Goodell is a Steeler man, born a fan and good friends with the mobbed up Rooney family. It's just another in a LONG list of breaks he cuts that team. They knew what they were doing by keeping them at home and having the bye start as Big Jen returned.

• 2 weeks later...

Im on another message board and some steelers fans are on there even saying it was a bad call, and they feel sorry for Miami :o

yeah they feel bad for the Seahawks also,

but after awhile they change their tune and think the team earned it. Bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers.

Im on another message board and some steelers fans are on there even saying it was a bad call, and they feel sorry for Miami :o

yeah they feel bad for the Seahawks also,

but after awhile they change their tune and think the team earned it. Bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers.

They deserve every sexually transmitted diseases their sisters give them.

I'm continually amazed at the lucky breaks this franchise gets. Aren't these things supposed to even out over the years? When can you ever remember the Bengals getting a call like the Big Ben goal line play?

I'm continually amazed at the lucky breaks this franchise gets. Aren't these things supposed to even out over the years? When can you ever remember the Bengals getting a call like the Big Ben goal line play?

NEVER! If it was Carson, you know damn well that play would have been ruled a fumble right away instead of being good to go and then reviewed. It would have never made it to review.

I have given up on waiting for things to even out with that team. There's always some very strange s**t that seems to go their way. And I don't want to hear that it's superior coaching, drafting, management players, etc. I refuse to believe any of that garbage.

Frankly as much as I dislike Belichick, I love they way the Pats draft, turn their roster, prepare their team and seem to be in contention every year. That is the team I would prefer to emulate.