Fire Marvin

walzav29

i never see him getting these guys ready to play.

Well of course you don't. You're not in the locker room prior to kickoff.

Can you scan a copy of your press pass or Bengal's ID that allows you into the locker room and then post it for us? I want to see how you get your point of view as well.

:sure:

You're obviously quite right that I don't see that action either. I am forced to build inferences on what I can see, from players' body language early in games to Marvin's sideline mannerisms to Hard Knocks footage to the simple fact that a coach who sucks at *everything* doesn't win as many games as Marvin has with the Bengals.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you scan a copy of your press pass or Bengal's ID that allows you into the locker room and then post it for us? I want to see how you get your point of view as well.

I dont think i need to be in the locker room, look at the crap that Marvin puts on the field i think thats enough said :sure:

I don't see your point.
My point is to make the playoffs you MUST dominate teams like the Browns and Bucs. We didn't, and these past two games that ended up as losses to inferior teams will cost us the playoffs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore doesn't lose games like this one. That's all.

I agree with that. I don't think that means the Bengals are unmotivated though.

I don't see your point.
My point is to make the playoffs you MUST dominate teams like the Browns and Bucs. We didn't, and these past two games that ended up as losses to inferior teams will cost us the playoffs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore doesn't lose games like this one. That's all.

I agree with that. I don't think that means the Bengals are unmotivated though.

Then they need to get to a higher level of motivation, because this one sure isn't working.

I don't see your point.

The Squeelers just beat the f**k outta these same Bucs in Tampa 2 weeks ago w/o their starting QB...

We got our ass beat in New England in week 1 and made the excuse that it was a tough game but that wasn't even a game. If we were a good team, we should've at least made that a game and beat the Clowns and the Bucs...no excuses. Hell, we barely beat the Panthers.

You're obviously quite right that I don't see that action either. I am forced to build inferences on what I can see, from players' body language early in games to Marvin's sideline mannerisms to Hard Knocks footage to the simple fact that a coach who sucks at *everything* doesn't win as many games as Marvin has with the Bengals.

When a team is surrounded with high draft picks, and players with lots of talent but baggage, there is going to be some success, regardless of how good/bad the coaches are. Some games can be won on talent and not just game planning. It happens, just not that often. On the flip side, games can also be lost very easily with poor coaching and preparation, despite the amount of talent a team has. The fact that Marvin has been here 8 season and has a losing record says a lot.

Take it like you will, we are 2 people seeing 2 different things. It happens all the time, but one thing we have agreed on, is Marvin needs to go for reasons he has had problems with for a long time. That in itself should say a lot about him, that he has had the same faults year in and year out, and not done anything to fix them.

Then they need to get to a higher level of motivation, because this one sure isn't working.

I think the problem is that the Bengals aren't good enough to keep up with the playoff contenders. They can be just as motivated as or more motivated than those other teams but it won't matter if they can't compete.

I think the problem is that the Bengals aren't good enough to keep up with the playoff contenders.

Today shows Cincinnati isn't good enough to keep up with the non playoff contenders.

I think the problem is that the Bengals aren't good enough to keep up with the playoff contenders.

Today shows Cincinnati isn't good enough to keep up with the non playoff contenders.

Truth.

Today the bengals showed they are just not good

Today the bengals showed they are just not good

How we beat Baltimore becomes more astounding after this game.

who mentioned Jon Gruden?

I thought he got a raw deal in Tampa and got fired after a 9-7 year...Marvin gets contract extentions after one 8-8 year!

Jon Gruden is an offensive guy, quarterbacks guy...firery( :blink: ), passionate...

its official...I want Jon Gruden!

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Gruden. He has a reputation for being very skilled as a game manager, which is exactly what the Bengals need. Still, as a broadcaster he has said some otherworldly stupid things that make me wonder about his sanity.

I thought he got a raw deal in Tampa and got fired after a 9-7 year...Marvin gets contract extentions after one 8-8 year!

Jon Gruden is an offensive guy, quarterbacks guy...firery( :blink: ), passionate...

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Gruden. He has a reputation for being very skilled as a game manager, which is exactly what the Bengals need. Still, as a broadcaster he has said some otherworldly stupid things that make me wonder about his sanity.

He knows the area, he was a quarterback at the University of Dayton just a little over an hour north of Cincinnati.

:lol: very true but he's still a great coach...he's part of that Packers coaching tree, is he not?

:lol: very true but he's still a great coach...he's part of that Packers coaching tree, is he not?

Actually through many layers, he is a decedent of the Paul Brown coaching system. Gruden got his first foot hold in pro coaching in San Fransisco learning the west coast system that was put into place by Bill Walsh...who came up with the west coast system during his time coaching for the Bengals.

When you lose to Tampa and Cleveland and your a playoff team. It's purely coaching. It doesn't matter. We''l eventually realize it's Mike Browns stupid personel decisions that are ultimately the problem, but we need a guy who can coach who's here. It doesn't matter. All a F'N Pipe dream. THE BENGALS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

please tell me you recognize Carson's culpability here.... Carson LOST this game.

Yes. I completely agree. He LOST this game. I can't stick up for him any more. Just can't.

No one could.

I can.

How many games did he win in exactly the same situation last year?

This time, thanks to a tipped pass, he doesn't. Welcome to the law of averages.

That said, the other two picks, especially the pick-six, just shouldn't happen. He throws just one of those away and the Bengals win. You just can't have multiple turnovers and expect to win the game.

Hah! You can have him. True winners don't have seasons like this outside of their rookie year.

That's just my point. He had a season like this last year. The only difference today was that a tipped pass went the other way, versus, for example, Ray Lewis deciding to hammer Chad and drawing a penalty to keep a game-winning drive alive last year. SSDY.

Plan to fix this team. If we hire a new coach it’s basically rebuilding the team again. So, I propose that we forfeit the rest of the games this season, cut Palmer and the players that have no heart or desire to win, refund money for tickets sold and regroup. This would get us a high draft pick (QB); we can search for a new coach and get him in place now so he can start his strategy. Hold open tryouts this summer for locals, which will allow guys with heart to get a chance to play. OK back to reality, now that was a dream. But I do agree with you guys, Palmer is done! Tired of his excuses; not in sync with the receivers, has rust, etc.. On paper we have one of the most powerful off in the NFL and yet we can’t move the ball, can’t score, have tons of three and outs, penalty after penalty, etc. I’m not sure if I’ll watch any more Bengal games this season. I feel for the kids that came from winning programs; Gresham and Shipley. Going to be a very long season for them. By the way, Chad needs to go too. He's lost his desire to win!

Plan to fix this team. If we hire a new coach it’s basically rebuilding the team again. So, I propose that we forfeit the rest of the games this season, cut Palmer and the players that have no heart or desire to win, refund money for tickets sold and regroup. This would get us a high draft pick (QB); we can search for a new coach and get him in place now so he can start his strategy. Hold open tryouts this summer for locals, which will allow guys with heart to get a chance to play. OK back to reality, now that was a dream. But I do agree with you guys, Palmer is done! Tired of his excuses; not in sync with the receivers, has rust, etc.. On paper we have one of the most powerful off in the NFL and yet we can’t move the ball, can’t score, have tons of three and outs, penalty after penalty, etc. I’m not sure if I’ll watch any more Bengal games this season. I feel for the kids that came from winning programs; Gresham and Shipley. Going to be a very long season for them. By the way, Chad needs to go too. He's lost his desire to win!

Not an option. I expect more from a man wearing bars on his shoulders.

he got it done last year, hes not the type of qb to ride your season on but he can get it done. he won 4 games last year with last minute drives. so he can get it done just not in cincinati. and yes if he ran alot more play action with passing when they need to, he would look a hell of alot different. so yes playcalling does make a difference...

Don't give Gruden too much credit. He won a SB with Dungy's guys. Pay more attention to how he subsequently ruined the team.

But at the same time he built Oakland into a Super Bowl team before he got the boot. Then proceeded to beat Oakland in the Super Bowl with the Bucs.

The entire AFC seems to be leveling out in the middle, with only two teams standing out at all (the two which most harm the Bengals chances): Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I'm not saying hope is still alive, the Bengals suck. It's just odd that so few teams are doing any better right now.

The entire AFC seems to be leveling out in the middle, with only two teams standing out at all (the two which most harm the Bengals chances): Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I'm not saying hope is still alive, the Bengals suck. It's just odd that so few teams are doing any better right now.

The Super Bowl Champions aren't loving life right now. Arizona just knocked them off. :blink: